100 weeks to Pro MMA debut

I feel good. But i need more high level grappler and wrestlers to train against.

No ostarine or PEDs before i am long into my 40s

Peds are an inherent factor in any person's regime aspiring to have any success in pro sports my friend.

if you only took this pro debut as a personal challenge is another thing tho.

I doubt i will do more then one pro fight in MMA. Its just to have tried it. So i dont need to juice. I wont make alot of money or get fame. So why bother.

Gonna probably do some more muay thai fights after. As long as i still feel young enough. We'll see

Honestly, I think your ego is going to limit your progress. All your videos are stand up, we know you can do that. You should be maximizing your grappling with minimal striking to maintain your skill. If you can't make the switch, maybe you should set up another striking bout.
If there's no wrestling, bjj, judo, etc sign up for Gracie online or MGinAction and use the grappling forum. You need to find something or you're wasting your time

Frode, sparring with these guys is doing you more harm than good if you are going to take a pro mma fight. It might be fun, but you are picking up a lot of bad habits that you dont want to translate over to the fight.

You are walking towards your opponent with your hands either down or up and wide apart without reacting to the punches coming towards ypu. Because they are leaving their punches short you are not moving your head or even attempting to parry the punches.

Plus walking towards your opponent like that is going to be trouble against a good wrestler if they shoot for a double. You gptta keep the footwprk tidy even if you are sparring against people who arent willing to try and hit you like in the video.

I am a strong belivever in light and playfull sparring but you are going to have to get some hard rounds in too with such a long lay off, you dont want to turn up in sparring mode. Especially with the ground work, that needs to be 100% in sparring, just to get used to the difference in cardio needed to defend yourself on the ground.

I would recommend taking that 2 hour drive and get some good training in and fighting in 6 months, rather than the 2 years of training with your novice students.

Good luck with it tho. One of them spinning kicks to the temple and you wont need to worry about the grappling!! Lol

Id give comments on the grappling portion, but as you're not going 100% in any of the clips i can see there's not really much you can say.

Unless you're worried about your opponent scouting you on sherdog or somthn.

Some free advice in general: cagework.

Practice takedowns against the cage, practice defending takedowns against the cage, practice escaping from the bottom against the cage, practice pinning guys against the cage, practice escaping being pinned against the cage.

The cage is what makes the most significant difference between grappling in the cage, and anywhere else, naturally.

Last edited:

Frode, with the boxing sparring you need to try and adjust the stance a little bit for a couple reasons. Boxers traditionally rarely touch the rear heal on the floor, you rear foot is flat quite a lot. Keeping light on your front foot is great for muay thai, but not so much for boxing and also not so much for mma, if 80% of your weight is on your back foot you are gonna get double legged pretty easy.

Some very good post from you guys the last days. I will write more later.

I am doing my first grappling challenge match later this week by the way.

I guess I'm just beating a dead horse at this point but you need some legit wrestling and jiujitsu instruction, or you need to start looking for another Striker to fight that also wants to try his hand at MMA. Otherwise you are going to fight someone with competent striking that also has competent grappling=bad news for you.

Just a quick update.

We are bulding a new gym. So its Just some shadow boxing, bagwork, and some cardio. Not much else.

I had a grappling match that i lost on point. I was more or less just defending against different sub attacks. I did not do much other then just defending.

Gonna tighten up my cardio a bit.

To be continued.

We need to see you drilling, sprawling.......

Drilling whizzers......... RNC defense.......all the things that make up wrestling and submission defense......

You just need to be able to defend and get back to your feet, it takes a different kind of cardio to keep getting up and to keep sprawling......

We know your stand up is good but you really need to work on that ground game.

Peds are an inherent factor in any person's regime aspiring to have any success in pro sports my friend.

if you only took this pro debut as a personal challenge is another thing tho.

keep telling yourself that loser.

We need to see you drilling, sprawling.......

Drilling whizzers......... RNC defense.......all the things that make up wrestling and submission defense......

You just need to be able to defend and get back to your feet, it takes a different kind of cardio to keep getting up and to keep sprawling......

We know your stand up is good but you really need to work on that ground game.
This, don't underestimate the difference in cardio between grappling and striking. Are you conditioned to spend an entire fight on the fence fending off take down attempts? Are you conditioned to spend the entire bout fighting to get back to your feet while your opponent is fighting to drag you back down to the mat? It is far more taxing on your lungs that people realize.

We don't just drill TD,TDD and standard jiujitsu techniques in my gym (which you should already be doing.) We spend a significant amount of rounds specifically drilling techniques/tactics/situations on the wall.

We drill starting on the wall in the over/under hook position, on the wall with double under hooks, on the wall with one guy on a knee in the "double leg" position, on the wall with a single leg, against the wall with one guy bear hugging the other guys legs on top, one guy against the wall sitting the other guy in his half guard, full guard against the wall, open guard on the wall with opponent standing.
We'll do strictly wrestling off the cage, then we'll also do rounds with wrestling/strikes/standing&quick subs. I could go on and on.

What about the turtle position? If you plan on standing back up after someone takes you down, you need to be able to make something happen from turtle bottom. Standups, sit outs/switches, reversals, subs, subs that turn into reversals all while being able to fend off subs and GNP.

What about defending GNP? GNP isn't just winging ground haymakers, are you prepared to defend against someone that is going to try to neutralize your defense on the ground by locking your arms into a straight jacket with a free arm to still drop bombs on your face? What about a wrestler that will break your posture, flatten you out and ride you every time you attempt to turtle up? You're going to need a good guard to fall back on if you can't worm your way out of a ride.

To many fighters/gyms completely neglect this part of mixed martial arts. Having some basic competent balance/movement on the ground, and being aware of the various subs that might be used against you just isn't enough.

You might be able to "explode" out of one takedown attempt, maybe even two, but your cardio won't hold up against a prolonged grappling assault if you haven't been training for it.

Relax guys. I am doing other stuff also. Cardio drills, wrestling, grappling, full mma work.

Guess my ego/pride keep me from putting too much groundwork in the videos at this early stage. Will ad more in time.

Back