100 weeks to Pro MMA debut

If you post one more video of you doing stand up work I'm going to kill my dog.

Haha you sick bastards. You all just wanna point and laugh at my noob work.

Next video. I promise. :D

Yeah. This is the only one i got on youtube.

I have other on these small dv tapes. I need to get them converted into my computer.

Just based on seeing the footage, I'd like to leave two cents.

I think especially for a diverse range of skills that exist in MMA, it is critical to know where your strengths are at and weaknesses as well. But more fundamentally, what are some of your natural tendencies and how to work your game around that.

It seems like you prefer to load up on single strikes rather than combination strikes. With that, you probably want to be the one stalking down opponents and cutting off the cage/ring. People brought up sprawl and brawl, and yes, sprawling is very important, but when sprawling you tend to back up more as opposed to advancing. Therefore, it won't be conducive to your game in my opinion to think that getting sprawls would automatically translate you to tee off on guys just based on your background as a striker.

If anything, I'd recommend moving in for takedowns so that you are moving forward which opens up your game more (single death strikes). Learning how to set up takedowns will help you set up single strikes from the threat of grappling as well. Also, it is important to work on get ups and sprawls, but always remember you are better off as a stalker rather than evader just based on your style.

That's just my two cents.

Ok hes afraid to fight his first pro mma fight for another 2 years. Yet calling out mcgregor before that?

Makes 0 sense

I guess some people really are incapable of deciphering jokes.

A few people have called you an old bastard etc n this thread

Of course as a friendly jab

Has me curious though, how old are you ?

Id guess at about 34 ?

I think Frode has told me his age before, but I can't remember, so my guess would be about 34

New week. New video.

Sorry for the horrible quality.

Head kicks are best kicks against someone looking to shoot in on you; significantly more risky to try and catch as compared to body or leg kicks, and throws off the timing of guys used to ducking under punches.

Masvidal's biggest successes against Maia on the feet came while he was working his kicking game; the moment he started throwing hands through, Maia took him down.

MMA hasn't figured this out yet. For the most part, strikers still think they should restrict themselves to punches & low kicks when fighting wrestlers when this is actually the worst possible thing they can do. Unless one solely uses the jab, punching just gives the wrestler a free duck-under entry on the hips for an easy takedown, and a blocked or caught low kick is like doing half the work of a double leg takedown for them. Easy entry on the hips, knee tap, down.

A high kick on the other hand is much harder to convert to a takedown. There's no easy way to catch the kick or block & trap it against the body like you can with a low kick or body kick. Unless you're really fast & good you're not going to dodge the kick and step in with a sweep or takedown in time, other than Shevchenko who's pulled off that move in kickboxing I can't think of anyone else in MMA with that particular skill.

Good to see you chiping away at it mate! I follow you on YouTube, too ^_^

Back