100 weeks to Pro MMA debut

Haha. I am just a small guy with low body fat. Make it looks bigger then it is.

We want ground work video!!!!!!

Or at least a take down defense video.......

Yeah. You will see next video. The next will videos will be like small mini documentaries. Inspired by the reem and other training docs.

Aq2LihN.jpg

Update:

Training goes well. I have done too little grappling and takedown defense. So i need to focus more on that part. I have ordered a new laptop so i can edit and upload the videos. One each week.

Weight is at 74 kg right now. I feel great. And my money weapon (right leg) feels sharp and on point.

Need to work on my right cross. Because that punch is slow and ugly.

To be continued.

Never noticed it before but you kind of resemble Ninja a little bit.

1280x720

When are you putting the vids up?

it looks better than I thought, but I notice you have some age, so speed is not your attribute. You gotta be smart, otherwise young guys may tear you apart in 30 secs

it looks better than I thought, but I notice you have some age, so speed is not your attribute. You gotta be smart, otherwise young guys may tear you apart in 30 secs

Frode will have no problems, sprawl and brawl, well more technical than brawl, just weather the storm and make them pay.

Don't let us down Frode the weight of the Sherdog standup forum is on your shoulders..........and if you have seen the size of @Sinister lately, it's a pretty big weight

Sweet Jesus right leg. And what Bekim said! Good luck in your journey.

I feel the best MMA kickers are better on their back then on takedown defense.

And the best punchers have better takedown defense, but is not that good on their back.

Is this fair to say?

Personally i think part of that may also be demographic overlap; the sort of guys who tend to use kick heavy games in mma also tend to be more of the hipsterish leaning type, that tend to eschew/be less proactive on the wrestling side of things and positional control in general, for better or worse.

Head kicks are best kicks against someone looking to shoot in on you; significantly more risky to try and catch as compared to body or leg kicks, and throws off the timing of guys used to ducking under punches.

Masvidal's biggest successes against Maia on the feet came while he was working his kicking game; the moment he started throwing hands through, Maia took him down.

Last edited:
The reason why kickers play guard is their body type. Successful kickers tend to: 1) Be tall 2) Be skinny 3) Not too much punching power

If you don't have good boxing, aren't a wrestler, and are tall/skinny you're naturally gonna gravitate towards kicks.
This body type also happens to get taken down a million times a day in training, so they NEED a good guard to either stand up or submit.

The only tall 'kicker' who has actually gotten tdd on point I can think of is Jones, and wonderboy (but wonderboy can also punch)

Guys like Condit, Cerrone, Pettis, etc are tall for the weight class and when wrestlers get in on your legs they WILL finish the takedown.

I'm sorry but if you are short for your weight class you will never be a kicker with an active guard, it just doesn't work like that. (At the highest levels)

Plus if you are a legit good kicker your leg dexterity will be really good. Everyone I know who did tkd picks up the guard very fast

Last edited:
If mma was a video game and I had to give Frode stats on his best chance to be a successful mma fighter it would be:

60% striking (30% punches, 30% kicks)
25% footwork/TDD/wrestling clinch
15% bjj

But that's just my opinion. I really don't know what I'm talking about

If you are ever uncertain about what would be best to spend more time on in training for preparation, you can pretty much never go wrong with spending more time on wrestling.

Back