100 weeks to Pro MMA debut

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Next week i gonna start my journey to my pro debut in MMA. I am a striker. And i figure it will take a little less then 2 years to do a covert from Muay Thai / sanda striker to a more or less complete MMA fighter.

If its okay with the MODs, i would very much like to keep this thread in the striking forum. Because i am a striker at heart. And i need to keep my fellow sherdog strikers with me to discuss everything that goes into MMA striking.

I say 100 weeks, because i wanna do one small video blog each weeks. So when video 100 is uploaded, I should be ready for a pro MMA fight.

First trainingweek with weekly video, starts from next week.

My pro fight will be in either 66kg or 70 kg.

wish me luck guys.

Because i dont want to get into the cage just to get raped on the ground.

Two years to get used to grappling without being a fish out of water.

Two years to do at least two grappling matches. And two amateur MMA fights.

Two years to get some good MMA sparring around different MMA gyms in Norway (europe?)

Having two kids in less then 3 years, have had me sitting on the sideline for about 4 years without any fights.

Good thing is that at least i have been training really good ever since my trip to Thailand 2014

Frode - activating lay and pray mode.

Doesn't want to fight standing anymore - pussio, thats why he ducked @Sano.

Also, good luck! Are you going straight wrestling and bjj for your grappling or down a different route?

Having two kids in less then 3 years, have had me sitting on the sideline for about 4 years without any fights.

R u sure ur kids need their daddy to fight? There are way less risky ways to make money

R u sure ur kids need their daddy to fight? There are way less risky ways to make money

Its a fight. I am not gonna do this full time.

I risk more by getting inside a car.

Frode - activating lay and pray mode.

Doesn't want to fight standing anymore - pussio, thats why he ducked @Sano.

Also, good luck! Are you going straight wrestling and bjj for your grappling or down a different route?

I am learning ground fighting and takedown defense to avoid the ground. Fooking panic wrestlers.

No offense, I've got a feeling your wife actually has ... 3 kids:)

Good luck Frode! Strikers unite! Looks like we're in the same weight class BTW! :D

Good luck Frode. Will this be your first fight in awhile?

Striking master race

inb4 Frode develops a makeshift Brazilian accent and never washes his belt

Good luck Frode. Will this be your first fight in awhile?

Striking master race

inb4 Frode develops a makeshift Brazilian accent and never washes his belt
A makeshift Brazilian accent will help with excuses in case he loses the fight. :D

Why not stay striking and do some kickboxing / muay thai matches?
Just wondering

as a jiu jitsu black belt and wrestler boxer i feel you need to develop more of a boxing game than muay thai tbh its hard to be a thai style dighter in pro mma unless you train with wrestlers daily on good solid takedown defense thai guys are very flat footed and stand very tall kicks get you taken down when i wana strike im always moving keeping fist in there face to be a striker in mma you have to have great fooot work reflexes to move in an instant

Frode keep us updated on your training progress, always like your vids, good luck with your endeavours.;)

Keep them standing and make them pay......

Why not stay striking and do some kickboxing / muay thai matches?
Just wondering

1) its a bucket list thing i guess. I need to do at least one real MMA fight before i quit fighting.

2) i have done quite a few striking fights. Both in sanda/sanshou, and full MT rules. At 38 years old, i am not gonna make a name of myself at this stage. So i wanna try a MMA fight for the challenge.

I kinda need a goal in order to push myself hard in training.

as a jiu jitsu black belt and wrestler boxer i feel you need to develop more of a boxing game than muay thai tbh its hard to be a thai style dighter in pro mma unless you train with wrestlers daily on good solid takedown defense thai guys are very flat footed and stand very tall kicks get you taken down when i wana strike im always moving keeping fist in there face to be a striker in mma you have to have great fooot work reflexes to move in an instant

Yeah i probably gonna use striking that look more like dutch / brazilian kick boxing in the MMA fight.

Inspired by thiago alves, Jose aldo, barboza, Anderson silva, and overreem (golden glory version of him)

All those strikers i can relate to.

stayba way from thai clinch as well only if u get the guy hurt and you know he isnt good at takedowns theres a reason u never see it used post silva franklin most guys nowadays are gonna shoot for head outside single legs and doubles the head inside singles easy to defend as soon as you get a whizzer its over work on defending the head outside single run the pipe the one gsp and weidman and edgar do 90% of the time

Good luck with the training man! Looking forward to your vlog and watching your journey!

1) its a bucket list thing i guess. I need to do at least one real MMA fight before i quit fighting.

2) i have done quite a few striking fights. Both in sanda/sanshou, and full MT rules. At 38 years old, i am not gonna make a name of myself at this stage. So i wanna try a MMA fight for the challenge.

I kinda need a goal in order to push myself hard in training.

i get it. I'm 31 this year and thought about doing some mma smokers and striking smokers to keep myself motivated. MMA there seems to be a much older crowd competing than boxing or Muay Thai. Especially locally. Not sure how it is on your side of the world.

i wish you the best! and safe training!

Back