100 pitty pat strikes vs 1 bomb, who wins the round?

You like?

giphy.gif

Please tell me you found that at random and it's not part of your spank bank.

Fighter A

Staggering for a second doesn't mean shit. You better drop someone or almost finish them if you've been outstruck for the entire round

This. And even dropping someone shouldn't be a round winner unless we're talking the kind of shot that makes the fighter's legs go and clearly has him on queer street.

You see it all the time: a fighter is knocked off-balance and onto the canvas, then instantly pops back up or defends on the ground. That sort of knockdown should not trump getting outworked for the majority of the round. That's just ridiculous.

For me it depends on what point of the round that one bomb is landed. And how well and how quickly the dropped fighter can recover.

Example - if a bomb is landed early, but within a minute the dropped fighter has recovered and turned the round with 100 pitter patter punches I can see a judge giving the round to the volume puncher.

I think Recency Bias plays a large role in how judges make their minds up. Events of the second half of a round are more fresh in judges mind when they are making their mind up.

Back