100 pitty pat strikes vs 1 bomb, who wins the round?

lets say Fighter A lands 100 strikes that basically dont do any damage to their opponent.

but Fighter B lands one bomb and rocks and staggers Fighter A in the same round.

Who wins the round?

1 bomb striker if were going by the unified scoring criteria. Thats my understanding anyways.

I'd say fighter b but I can't stand Dominick Cruz

Damage > volume, though damage vs volume is an age-old debate. But the new rules favor damage, should end this debate, also more 10-8's...and yet Rob got the nod. Them black belt hands of the judges.

Damage > volume, though damage vs volume is an age-old debate. But the new rules favor damage, should end this debate, also more 10-8's...and yet Rob got the nod. Them black belt hands of the judges.
I didnt know there were new rules?

points awarded for aggression and octagon control/ring generalship to land those 100 punches.

you can change the 100 to 25, and fighter A still wins the round. DC v Gus round 3 is an example. Gus dropped DC, but still lost the round on all 3 score cards.

No one is landing a 100 shots in a single round and if they did it would clearly go to them

Well....in regards to Rw vs Yoel....just looks at Yoels face post fight....and try saying pitter patter again.

No one in the UFC throws strikes at 1% of the power of a ‘Heavy hitter’.

All strikes do damage.

What if someone has ‘octogon control and aggressiveness’ for 4:57 of a round, landing nothing.

But gets dropped by a weak looking strike that does no visible damage?

lets say Fighter A lands 100 strikes that basically dont do any damage to their opponent.

but Fighter B lands one bomb and rocks and staggers Fighter A in the same round.

Who wins the round?

Whoever the judges decide...

According the UFC rules, which almost nobody has reads, a strike scores. There is no distinction between a strike that doesn't do obvious damage and a strike that does obvious damage. "Significant strikes" isn't in the judging rules.

If that 1 bomb doesn’t knock out your opponent,

Accumulation > Haymaker

Back