10 worst cities to live in the U.S.

i work contracts for the big hospital in south georgia in macon. i do the same, i stay about 20 minutes outside of the city because it sucks. south georgia in general is just a crappy place.

I've lived in South Georgia all my life and can attest to this. This area used to be nice 20-30 years ago...But now it's a shit hole. Areas in my hometown that were once respectable neighborhoods are now trashy ghettos that look like a third world village.

35348052_10156183841975667_1378743441852203008_n.png

What makes these cities so bad and what can be done to help?

How bad must you be if you beat Flint? You can live in Detroit or if you like we'll move you to where the water is poisoned.

How bad must you be if you beat Flint? You can live in Detroit or if you like we'll move you to where the water is poisoned.

i dont get how they figured that either

No one i know would rather be in flint than Detroit that place is the worst. The water is poison , there are no businesses or restaurants theres no shows anymore its just as broken of a city as you can be in

Im supervised Pontiac didnt make the list that place is straight up turning into a wasteland and I expect it will be a problem area soon.

Most cities are just fine if you avoid the bad areas. I've never heard anything bad about Wilmington Delaware lol.

Detroit is garbage. I know a white woman that was waiting for the bus and got beat up by blacks because she was white. They called her whitey. To this day I'm still pissed about it.

That never happened.

Let me guess, in your small world this incident didn't happen either, it can only be the other way around, right?
It isnt the norm either way

Most people dont attack people over racial differences no matter where you are in america

There really seems to be no link between these cities. Truly no common traits linking them together. It's sad but unfortunately we won't be able to address a problem that we can't identify.

It's frustrating for sure. There is nothing between these 10 cities that would provide us with any reason to believe there is a common denominator factoring into this.

*See thread title
*Go to click it
*(mentally)hrm, wonder if Detroit is first
*(Detroit is first)
*Well HOT DAMN

No. The majority of the city is fine.

I wouldn’t say that. The south side is a vast ocean of crime and despair. You could fit most major US cities inside of the south side. Chicago is definitely a tale of two cities.

Edit: this is a personal aside but I moved from the inner belt area of Chicagoland to an outer suburb, which is effectively a small city on its own. Notably my burb is constantly near the top of lists of best cities to live in America. These mental pictures people paint of what metros are like need a nuanced reading. Even Detroit has its great spots

I wouldn’t say that. The south side is a vast ocean of crime and despair. You could fit most major US cities inside of the south side. Chicago is definitely a tale of two cities.

Okay so call it that. What do you want from me. I like Chicago and had a good time when I was there.

Okay so call it that. What do you want from me. I like Chicago and had a good time when I was there.

Oh i see. I assumed you lived here when you made that post. Yeah, you can get an extremely faulty impression from a North-of-Roosevelt visit to the city.

Oh i see. I assumed you lived here when you made that post. Yeah, you can get an extremely faulty impression from a North-of-Roosevelt visit to the city.

Don't go to the bad areas and Chicago is fine. What's not to like about it? Chicago also has a rich history.

The only reason people think Chicago is a bad place is because Fox News constantly talks about how bad the crime is there because it's where Barack and Michelle used to live. Chicago is awesome in real life; just stay out of the hood.

You can literally say that about any city. Every city, even the small ones, have nice downtowns. Ghettos are never downtown. They might be a few blocks away but just stay away, as you say.

STL clearly out of place on that list. Whether it's a good area to live depends on where you're living. There's culture here, it's nice. It's just a bad place to be poor. Even lower middle class does fine.

Fair point. I think that is true of all or maybe even most of these cities. For example, Cleveland, Ohio has one of the finest symphony orchestras in the world. (This article lists it as seventh. https://www.thoughtco.com/worlds-best-orchestras-724384). So yeah, it has culture too. But it's a bad place to be poor and there's a lot of poor people.

If you have money, most places are are pretty good to live in.

Back