10 worst cities to live in the U.S.

Did the screen door factory close down?

The only reason people think Chicago is a bad place is because Fox News constantly talks about how bad the crime is there because it's where Barack and Michelle used to live. Chicago is awesome in real life; just stay out of the hood.

No it's becuase the South Side is a shit hole. I used to live in Portage Indiana and would drive through the south side when I was heading to the good part this was 20 years ago, but even back then it had a reputation. I was always a little nervous going through there.

People should really visit Chicago before talking bad about it. Awesome city, and 90% of it i absolutely nothing like you would think if all you do is follow cable news. Massive areas are very safe and very clean compared to most major cities.

Whelp, I'm curious as to what people think the common factors are among these cities?

Raw numbers are just that. Numbers. They don't tell a story or provide the narrative.

Chicago is a fine city. Much of the violence is criminals killing each other. Like most the violence in major cities. A sad story of violence happening outside of that being promoted on fox news pulls at emotional heart strings. But it's not the norm.

So I'm trying to understand this thing that happens in the war room where people who have never been to somewhere like California or chicago attempt to shit on them, without having ever actually been there.

I got to chicago for weekends at a time every couple months. It's a great city.
So, anictdotal evidence over stats, is that what you're saying here?

Cleveland isn't bad. Overall, Chicago is a good city to visit too, plenty to see and do there. I've gone there for weekend trips many times, used the train lines to get around, along with just walking places through the city day and night. I've never had a problem with anyone there. In fact last time I went was with a group of friends, and my buddy even commented "We've been here 3 days, I always hear how dangerous Chicago is, and I haven't even gotten a dirty look...even when I've tried".

I know, but there is obviously an extremely dangerous part that is responsible for a lot of the shootings in America.

They had more killings in 1974 then they do now.
They had more in the 80's and 90s then they do now.

All of it is secluded into neighborhoods that you would never go in.

Detroit is garbage. I know a white woman that was waiting for the bus and got beat up by blacks because she was white. They called her whitey. To this day I'm still pissed about it.

35348052_10156183841975667_1378743441852203008_n.png

What makes these cities so bad and what can be done to help?

IMO it’s a stupid list. The contributor did a half ass, effortless job mixing and matching cities with unlike population indexes. Take into consideration a big metro area with slums and ghettos does not account for the entire area. There is a St. Louis/Baltimore proper city and a separate proper county, here the writer obviously just scoped in on the worse spots and said it was the whole area.

Hopefully the folks who actually enjoy living in these places and take pride in their neighborhoods end up out numbering the folks who tear them apart.

Every city in the country has that "bad part" where folks prefer to avoid . . .

I was I Chicago for a week a couple of years ago and had a great time.

Stayed in the Pilsen end of town and my friend had told me what areas not to go. Had no issues, food was great and people were friendly. Buying cheap burritos from an abuela in the back of the convenience store is great. :)

Haha Springfield Mo is full of wife beaters. I definitely wouldn't say it's dangerous to walk down the streets anywhere in town though. Just a bunch of poor people being poor doing drugs on the north side.

There really seems to be no link between these cities. Truly no common traits linking them together. It's sad but unfortunately we won't be able to address a problem that we can't identify.

Why dont you stop beating around the bush and say what ya really think .

https://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

Final 2017 Totals
Shot & Killed: 625
Shot & Wounded: 2936
Total Shot: 3561
Total Homicides: 681

this was the first thing that came up when I googled chicago shooting

Absolute numbers aren't a good way to look at issues like this. You should look up the per capita numbers. That's the only objective way to make a comparison.

Absolute numbers aren't a good way to look at issues like this. You should look up the per capita numbers. That's the only objective way to make a comparison.

Nah I'd say 2 people dead every day and 10 people shot is bad for any city even more so when it's confined to a small portion of the city.

I've lived in several of these cities, two of them for more than a decade each: Detroit and Cleveland. Only four places separate them, but in my experience they are worlds apart. For all its flaws, Cleveland is a much better place to live than Detroit. Detroit went from one of the wealthiest cities per capita in the world to an absolute rock bottom shithole in a few decades.

This isnt true. i was just in cleveland and I wished I was in detroit instead all night long. I saw more bums then at home and they were aggressive too , and the no weed thing alone is enough to make it worse as well. Didnt get mugged or see anywhere too rough or anything like that I just really like being home I think

Also all of the cities are in the midwest due to globalization not black people and democrats like I feel like people are tiptoeing around

Hmmmm projecting maybe, Chris?

Nah Ive had this debate a time or 2 with people and usually they mean something when they talk like you were . If I had to put a number on it I would say 8 outta 10

Im not projecting anything I got a lot o first hand experience with the mitten and know a thing or 2 bout it

Back