10 Louisiana senators vote against bill banning sex with animals in a state with animal brothels

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_ccc31858-3c47-11e8-a09c-1f3d9daab565.html

Legislation that seeks to clarify the state's somewhat murky law that bans sexual contact between people and animals in Louisiana is advancing in the State Capitol.

The Senate on Monday voted 25-10 on Senate Bill 236 to send the proposal to the House for consideration.

Sen. JP Morrell, D-New Orleans, said he brought the bill forward at the request of the Humane Society out of concern over current law not covering some issues the state is facing.

"You can find anything on the internet, unfortunately," Morrell said. "There is a huge market, an unfortunate market, of trafficking animals for sex acts."

Morrell said that there are currently places where people in Louisiana advertise seeking animals for sex acts or offer up their own pets for abuse.

Current law outlaws "crimes against nature" that bans "the unnatural carnal copulation by a human being with another of the same sex or opposite sex or with an animal." The sodomy between consenting adults portion has sense become outdated and is not enforced, but sexual abuse of animals remains linked to the provision.

Morrell's bill would create the specific crime of sexual abuse of an animal. It would not apply to accepted veterinary practices and animal husbandry.

In addition to direct sexual contact, it would also apply to people who traffic animals for sexual purposes, promote or observe others having sexual contact with an animal, permit someone else to have sexual contact with an animal in their home or solicits offers for sexual contact with an animal.

"This is not covered in current law," Morrell said.

Those found guilty of sexually abusing an animal would face fines of up to $2,000 and up to five years in prison. Those who cause serious bodily injury or death while abusing an animal sexually would face fines up to $25,000 and up to 10 years behind bars.

The proposed legislation would also set up a framework for removing animals from the custody of someone convicted of the crime and require that they undergo a psychological evaluation.

Morrell said he is concerned about public safety and studies have shown links between animal abuse and child sex abuse and other violent behaviors.

"The people who do these things abuse children, and they later graduate to murder and other horrific things," he said.
How they voted:

Voting for SB236 (25): Sens. Barrow, Bishop, Boudreaux, Carter, Chabert, Cortez, Erdey, Hewitt, Johns, Lambert, Luneau, Martiny, Milkovich, Mills, Morrell, Morrish, Peacock, Peterson, Price, Smith, G., Smith, J., Tarver, Thompson, Walsworth and Ward.

Against (10): Alario, Allain, Claitor, Donahue, Fannin, Gatti, Long, Mizell, Perry, and Riser.

Not voting (4): Appel, Colomb, LaFleur and White

I don't feel like Googling the names, but I wonder if this was bi-partisan opposition. It's bad enough that Republicans refuse to outlaw child marriage because it infringes on Christian freedoms.... Based on the comment by the Democratic Senator, I wonder if this is the case.

I can't even wrap my head around opposition to this unless they wanted homosexual sodomy included in the ban.

Last edited:
Sex with animals is still legal in Hungary, Romania and Finland too.

<Dylan>

103.jpg

Alario (R), Allain (R), Claitor (R), Donahue (R), Fannin (R), Gatti (R), Long (R), Mizell (R), Perry (R), Riser (R). Not shocked.

If anyone is wonder why it is likely because the bill had a clause that read, "Anal sexual intercourse between two human beings shall not be deemed as a crime,". A lot of state level Republicans in the South still support sodomy laws and/or don't want to be seen as supporting homosexuality in any way.

Alario (R), Allain (R), Claitor (R), Donahue (R), Fannin (R), Gatti (R), Long (R), Mizell (R), Perry (R), Riser (R). Not shocked.
Republicanism is a mental illness. Right wingers are sexual deviants. Not really, but you'd hear "liberalism is a mental illness" if the R's were D.

Animal brothels is legit fked up though.

Sex with animals is still legal in Hungary, Romania and Finland too.

<Dylan>
The three countries with the highest concentration of Finno-Urgic people. This is not a good look.

Putting your wiener into a cow's rear behind? Unlawful
Putting your fist into a cow's rear behind to impregnate it? Sweet
Dressing up your chicken and play bondage games? Unlawful
Caging chickens into tiny cages? Sweet

Morality is indeed relative

Legit lol

Louisiana also has a life expectancy of what? 50? It along with Alabama and Miss make up the third-world part of Murka.

Animal brothels ?

What the fuckity fuck?

For what it's worth, I'd think all those are immoral.

If anyone is wonder why it is likely because the bill had a clause that read, "Anal sexual intercourse between two human beings shall not be deemed as a crime,". A lot of state level Republicans in the South still support sodomy laws and/or don't want to be seen as supporting homosexuality in any way.

Thanks. Had to be something they could pretend to be upset about.

But if they thinj gay sex is worse than fucking animals I think they got religion all WRONG.

What. The. Fuck.

Animal brothels? Are you fucking kidding me?

Only if you think those of us throwing stones ate OK with those other things.

Which is a silly assumption.

Back