***#1 Ranked UFC Welterweight, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever make it down to columbia? Thought i saw you on a local commercial last night.

Hello Wonderboy,

How much do you weight in on the night of the fight ?

Do you feel you are a bit undersized / strength wise, or it's worth it for the extra speed / cardio ?
I was walking around about 182 about a week before the fight and I weighed myself before I went out to fight and I only got back up to 178 so I was def smaller.. walking around bigger now

Wonderboy this is gonna be a rough question. Tyron said something a long the lines that he was a better fighter than you, and the only reason you would have a chance at winning is that your were a better point fighter than him. He then proceeded to go out there take you down, almost knocked you out on your feet, and the only disputed fact is how many rounds you won. You showed a ton of heart and you're one of my favorite fighters, but what makes you think this time this fight would be different? Specifically what did you learn from that fight?

Stephen – Would you ever consider fighting in Glory Kickboxing, assuming your UFC contract would permit it?
Not sure but kickboxing is my first love man and what I competed in for a long time.. def love to watch it though lol

Hey Stephen good luck against Tyron

Do you plan on training with Weidman much for his fight with Gegard? Really wanna see him climb back into the title picture as well

Hey Mr. Thompson! Thanks for stopping by. I've always enjoyed your fights, win or lose, but the Woodley fight was off the chain!!!! Had to be considered for fight of the year in my opinion. I don't now how you survived that 4th round. I was literally yelling "he's not human!! he's not a fucking human!!!" (my neighbors are big fans indeed)

2 questions: is that the hardest you've been hit in competition? what do you think you need to do differently in the rematch?

looking forward to it!!! Continued health my man! Go get that belt!!!!
The hardest I think I've EVER been hit was when Jake ellenberfer smoked me in the noggin in the first round. That was a doozy lol. Well I need to do different is just let my hands go I was too hesitant in that last fight

Stephen,

I understand you trained with Daniel O'brien. I was wondering if you felt that helped you and if you planned on training with him again for another camp? Big fan and good luck!

Hey Wonderboy! Best intro song evs.

What is your level of interest in avenging your lone loss to Matt Brown?

What is your favourite KO and why; if you have one?! (I love the debut kick KO on Stittgen)
Haha thanks my friend and to be honest that was my favorite just bc it was my debut and I finished in with the head kick in the first round.

Hey Stephen, UFC 209 is a stacked card. Do you plan on watching some of the other fights or is that just a distraction for you? And what is your take on Hunto vs. Overeem?

Ever make it down to columbia? Thought i saw you on a local commercial last night.
OMG! Ha ha Ha that commercial was so fun to film that car dealership united auto sales is a sponser of mine.. awesome people

Hey Steve! Big fan.

Here are my questions; what is your favorite combo and what is your favorite kick?

If you could fight anyone from history who would it be?

Is Sage young nasty man?

Hey Stephen good luck against Tyron

Do you plan on training with Weidman much for his fight with Gegard? Really wanna see him climb back into the title picture as well
Ohh def going to train with chris and really want to see him have that belt back around his waste.. he is one of my best friends and now he is family lol

The hardest I think I've EVER been hit was when Jake ellenberfer smoked me in the noggin in the first round. That was a doozy lol. Well I need to do different is just let my hands go I was too hesitant in that last fight

I'm no pro but I think at the end of each round, permitted you're standing, you should throw some flying ninja voodoo style kick. You can never go wrong with flying ninja voodoo style!

seriously though, even considering round 4 of the first fight you weren't far off from that belt. You got this!

Hey Steve! Big fan.

Here are my questions; what is your favorite combo and what is your favorite kick?
I def like the money maker combo.. you'll see it combo in my first fight in the UFC.. aaaannd I'm not sure bc I like to use all kinds of kicks but the hookkick is a tricky one

Hiii @Stephen Thompson!!!!

I must know, what goes through your head at the end of a fight like your last fight against Woodley? You were incredibly resilient, and that has to take a ton of mental and physical strength.

Hiii @Stephen Thompson!!!!

I must know, what goes through your head at the end of a fight like your last fight against Woodley? You were incredibly resilient, and that has to take a ton of mental and physical strength.
Well you have to try and put yourself in very uncomfortable positions whenever you train for fights so that way if you're ever in those tough situations you know how to cope with him. But literally I'm thinking to myself I'm never giving up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back