#1 Fedor #2 Big Nog #3 Stipe

Stipe has 6 wins worth talking about. That's it.
Fedor, Nog, & Werdum are so far ahead of Stipe is embarrassing to have this conversation.

Cain is 1-1 in the last 4 years... does he suck??
i'd take 1-1 over all those losing records.

You did realize that most pride fighters were at the end of their careers when they came to the UFC right? The fact that there are still fighters around that fought in pride is amazing.
your "end of careers" line pretty much ignores all the age evidence I provided.

You're the type that will always think the current champ is the greatest ever. I'm sure you bought into all the new breed hype and all that.

Who IS good in your opinion??? I'd love for you to answer this without contradicting your anti pride stance
IS or was? Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb WERE good. They would get owned by modern pitching and fielding, even in their (please don't make me say it) prime!
IS good? Mighty Mouse, Bones Jones, maybe McGregor. No one else has really dominated enough recently due to constant evolution of the sport.

It is not fair to compare UFC to the Japanese Wild West. What is the point of comparing different generations and variations of the sport? Nobody compares soccer with rugby.

JMMA: Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Megumi
Modern MMA: Stipe, Werdum, JDS, Cyborg
I fully agree with you, but most of sherdog are like an old man on the porch blinded by time and reason.

What matters is that they were relevant at the time when the fights happened.

Fujita was Top 10 HW,
Yoshida was top 15 HW,
Sakuraba was one of the best fighters overall at that time,
Ishii was on top of all lists of MMA prospects with 12-2 and wins over UFC legends Sylvia, Rizzo and Monson.
that would be true if sherdoggers didn't keep posting dumb threads about retired/old fighters "in their prime" vs modern fighters.

5 PRIDE fighters won UFC belts

Werdum
Shogun
Nog
Anderson
Rampage
3 of those guys i conceded had a decent run in UFC. the other 2, not so much.
- Shogun was what 6-8 in UFC as of 2014, around age 34 (prime?)
- Big Nog went 5-6 in the UFC and lost twice to Frank Mir at age 31 and 34, pretty prime ages.

that still leaves the other 5 "Pride Legends" you left out of my quoted post.

Go watch Wanderlei and Cro Cop from 2001 to 2006 and you will see them at their best.
CroCop's win total and legend inflated in Pride in the time range you specified by such stiff competiton as Kanehara (19-27), Yamamoto (14-25), Oyama (14-19), Minowa (61-42), Randleman (17-16), etc.... Sure he had some good victories, but the Pride nuthugging rose-colored glasses need to be removed at some point. He got promoted to the big leagues and got his ass kicked.

He was the UFC heavyweight champ and had just beat Cain Velasquez. That was the peak of his career when he lost to stipe

That was a injured 2yr break Cain that fought and loss.

That was a injured 2yr break Cain that fought and loss.
I don't disagree but a win over the HW champ is still a win over the HW champ. I don't think Werdum is overall a better fighter than Cain. Cain might have been the greatest of all time. We will simply never know because his injuries prevented him from ever reaching the peak of challenging himself.

So what? Such a stupid argument that people use every time... even tho it has no logic.

Stipe lost to Struve... should I put struve over Stipe? Geez....

Just because you beat someone, doesn't mean you are automatically ahead of them in all time rankings... or even current rankings

Struve loss is still pretty bad lol.

i'd take 1-1 over all those losing records.

your "end of careers" line pretty much ignores all the age evidence I provided.

IS or was? Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb WERE good. They would get owned by modern pitching and fielding, even in their (please don't make me say it) prime!
IS good? Mighty Mouse, Bones Jones, maybe McGregor. No one else has really dominated enough recently due to constant evolution of the sport.

Lol.. the sport isn't evolving. Hell the hw division is now one dimensional than it's ever been.

Where are all the top ufc guys from Fedors era??

Why can't mma fans realize that time catches up with athletes?

3 of those guys i conceded had a decent run in UFC. the other 2, not so much.
- Shogun was what 6-8 in UFC as of 2014, around age 34 (prime?)
- Big Nog went 5-6 in the UFC and lost twice to Frank Mir at age 31 and 34, pretty prime ages.

that still leaves the other 5 "Pride Legends" you left out of my quoted post.

CroCop's win total and legend inflated in Pride in the time range you specified by such stiff competiton as Kanehara (19-27), Yamamoto (14-25), Oyama (14-19), Minowa (61-42), Randleman (17-16), etc.... Sure he had some good victories, but the Pride nuthugging rose-colored glasses need to be removed at some point. He got promoted to the big leagues and got his ass kicked.

Randleman was champion of that league.

Even without his weaker wins, Cro Cop has 2 times more ranked wins than Stipe, Cain and modern generation.

UFC was minor league while PRIDE was active.

He just went to bad rules and environmen with big round space where target can move around all the time, manage distance and keep away from kicks and do fence clinching for 10 minutes.

Japanese version of MMA in the ring with PRIDE rules is much better for his style than American version in large cage with fence and unified rules.

Even without his weaker wins, Cro Cop has 2 times more ranked wins than Stipe, Cain and modern generation.
not really sure what you mean by "ranked wins"... Ranked by who and when? By you? By Sherdog? And you qualify with "even without his weaker wins"... you don't understand, even the stronger wins were weaker wins. Time moves on, people and sports evolve.

UFC was minor league while PRIDE was active.
This is the sort of delusion that my stats disproved, but you can continue with your rose-colored glasses.

He just went to bad rules and environmen with big round space where target can move around all the time, manage distance and keep away from kicks and do fence clinching for 10 minutes.
not sure if serious? You really think the slight rules variation and the fighting space account for that much of a difference? Know I can confirm your delusional viewpoint and can no longer take anything else you say serious.

Lol.. the sport isn't evolving. Hell the hw division is now one dimensional than it's ever been.

History repeats itself. MMA-style wrestling is undergoing a renaissance.

Where are all the top ufc guys from Fedors era??
The same place as Fedor. Retired, or being has-been gatekeepers where they belong.

Why can't mma fans realize that time catches up with athletes?
MMA fans can realize this, and I realize this. Why can't you realize that the sport, techniques, training, etc. has evolved? It is the same in every sport. enough with "prime vs prime".

Back