#1 Fedor #2 Big Nog #3 Stipe

WIN - Hidehiko Yoshida - Jul/1/2006 -- Pride FC - Critical Countdown Absolute
14 HW - 2006 - May 31 - Fighters & Broadcasters Poll
7-3-1 at time of Cro-Cop fight, coming off a big win over.. Tank Abbott. Its time to give it up, man, its just sad.

WIN - Kazuyuki Fujita - Aug/19/2001 -- K-1 - Andy Hug Memorial
6 HW - 2001 - Aug 6 - Stepehen Quadros
7 HW - 2001 - Aug 14 - MMA Media Top 10
combined records of Fujita's 2 opponents before this crocop fight... 2-8....
lets not try and rewrite history. Most of Pride was a bunch of bullshit squash fights vs cans.

I don't even like Stipe and i rank him above Fedor & Nog now.

His resume can't be argued. Especially considering the overall improvement & well roundedness in MMA fighters today. PRIDE had opponents with only 1 skill set. Much less well rounded.

Prides hws had better records but wouldn't have those records today. Too small.
Aleks was 6"5 and 260
Sergei was 6"4 and 242
Barnett was 6"3 and 250
Werdum was 6"4 and 230 to 240
Erikson was 6"4 and 300
Schilt was 6"11 and 290
Waterman was 6"2 and 280
Kerr was 6"1 and 260
Herring was 6"4 and 240
McGee was 6"10 and 280
Hunt was short but weighed 300 pounds

Only small HWs really were Fedor, Nog, Igor, Cro Cop but Nog was still 6"4 and 235. Igor and Fedor were short but they were usually between 230 to 240. Everyone had to fight a lot of big dudes back then.

There were a lot of great competitive and technical HW fights back then. It was a much more skilled era in the mid 2000s. Today's HW division is shallow.

Last edited:
Aleks was 6"5 and 260
Sergei was 6"4 and 242
Barnett was 6"3 and 250
Werdum was 6"4 and 230 to 240
Erikson was 6"4 and 300
Schilt was 6"11 and 290
Waterman was 6"2 and 280
Kerr was 6"1 and 260
Herring was 6"4 and 240
McGee was 6"10 and 280
Hunt was short but weighed 300 pounds

Only small HWs really were Fedor, Nog, Igor, Cro Cop but Nog was still 6"4 and 235. Igor and Fedor were short but they were usually between 230 to 240. Everyone had to fight a lot of big dudes back then.

There were a lot of great competitive and technical HW fights back then. It was a much more skilled era in the mid 2000s. Today's HW division is shallow.
I agree. Pride didn't have any large hws that had a lot of skill.

I agree. Pride didn't have any large hws that had a lot of skill.
Oh. So Aleks, Sergei, Barnett, Werdum, Herring, Erikson, Hunt, Reem had no skill?

But Ngannou who doesn't even train grappling does?

Cain who has 1 win in 4 years and gasses against a 40 year old PRIDE vet?

Stipe who gets rocked every fight?

Lewis who can't take a bodyshot and gasses against 43 year old PRIDE vets?

An even older Reem with an even more cracked chin?

Yeah...sure...this current HW division is so much more skilled... :confused:

Lol

combined records of Fujita's 2 opponents before this crocop fight... 2-8....
lets not try and rewrite history. Most of Pride was a bunch of bullshit squash fights vs cans.

7-3-1 at time of Cro-Cop fight, coming off a big win over.. Tank Abbott. Its time to give it up, man, its just sad.

First of all watch your mouth.

Fujita was pracitcally undefeated before Cro Cop fights, he entered injured against Coleman and surrendered the fight after 5 seconds to Coleman just to pick up money.
Fujita was first to defeat Kerr, had another top 10 win v Gilbert Yvel and beat one of GOATs by that time, Ken Shamrock and entered on that streak v Mirko.

Yoshida beat Don Frye while he was 15-1, beat Mark Hunt, beat Tamura who has many big scalps (Mo Smith, Ilyukhin, Miletich, Dave Menne, Jeremy Horn, Renzo Gracie, T. Koshaka, Volk Han, Sakuraba etc.), beat Ogawa, Abbott.

And today Curtis Blaydes is ranked no. 9 on UFC official rankings with 7-1 and wins vs nobodies and Oleynik. Ngannou was ranked no. 10 on december 2016 with wins vs Henrique, Blaydes, Hamilton.

Now compare that and you tell me about modern "evolved" HW division, rankings and big wins.

Fedor went undefeated for 10 years in the deepest heavyweight division on the planet (pride). People can talk shit about his competition but look at the ufcs top 10 heavyweights in the late 90s and early 2000s. Mostly journeyman nobodies that none of us can remember. Fedor had a few freakshow fights but outside of those FEW fights he beat top competition for a decade including 5 former UFC heavyweight champs and 2 victories over the #2 all time heavyweight.

Big Nog beat anyone and everyone not named fedor during that same time period.

Stipe is now the clear #3. Knockouts over Werdum, reem, arlovski, jds and hunt are an incredible feet.

If Stipe can put together a few more big wins he surpasses Big Nog.

The path to surpassing Fedor is steep. I'm not sure what conditions I would put in place for that. What do you guys think? What does Stipe need to do to surpass Fedor?

10 title defenses with a win over Cain, another win over Francis, and a win over Cormier? A win over returned jon jones?
OMG this again. Fedor went undefeated fighting subpar competition. Like being the best in single A baseball when you had the opportunity to go to the big leagues but turned it down.

PRIDE had opponents with only 1 skill set. Much less well rounded.

Back in PRIDE Hunt was a kickboxer and in UFC was just a slow motion Boxer. And you are talking about Skill sets??? GTFO
tenor.gif

Fujita was pracitcally undefeated before Cro Cop fights
I stopped reading your post at this point, because you are so fucking dumb, it would be a waste of time.
Fujita's wins you are referring to before Crocop, that supposedly made him a legit ranked contender:
2-4
1-4
1-4
0-9 !!
9-7
etc
total is
95-72

stop. just stop.

I stopped reading your post at this point, because you are so fucking dumb, it would be a waste of time.
Fujita's wins you are referring to before Crocop, that supposedly made him a legit ranked contender:
2-4
1-4
1-4
0-9 !!
9-7
etc
total is
95-72

stop. just stop.

You are fucking dumb if you don't know who Mark Kerr (12-0), Gilbert Yvel (23-5) and Ken Shamrock (24-5) are, that Fujita defeated before Cro Cop fights.

Oh. So Aleks, Sergei, Barnett, Werdum, Herring, Erikson, Hunt, Reem had no skill?

But Ngannou who doesn't even train grappling does?

Cain who has 1 win in 4 years and gasses against a 40 year old PRIDE vet?

Stipe who gets rocked every fight?

Lewis who can't take a bodyshot and gasses against 43 year old PRIDE vets?

An even older Reem with an even more cracked chin?

Yeah...sure...this current HW division is so much more skilled... :confused:

Lol
You should just watch wwe. You seem more impressionable by pageanty then observing skill. Prides hws were one dimensional or if they were well rounded then they were small or not really that impressive. Not a single one of them could deel with Ngannou's punching power. And that's a clean Ngannou. And yes hw today is still weak but it's way better than it was before even without the juice.

You should just watch wwe. You seem more impressionable by pageanty then observing skill. Prides hws were one dimensional or if they were well rounded then they were small or not really that impressive. Not a single one of them could deel with Ngannou's punching power. And that's a clean Ngannou. And yes hw today is still weak but it's way better than it was before even without the juice.
Observing skill? Like Ngannou's grappling?

The fact that 3 PRIDE fighters are in the UFC top 5 in 2018 is all I have to say.

I am big fans of those 3 guys but PRIDE folded in 2007 and UFC can't find 3 HWs better than those old broken down dudes? And you are trying to tell me the division moved forward? GTFOH.

The lighter divisions have improved but HW and LHW are more shallow than ever

Yeah pretty much. Mirko fought in the golden era of the HW division and fought the best at their best.

Lol he beat Josh Barnett and not so much as one other elite HW.

I know I know...Coleman and Randleman were better than Werdum and JDS.

Delusional.

Love you Pride geeks.

Oh and I guess the Hunt Mirko lost to was head and shoulders above the one Stipe abused huh?

"Derr he was younger"

Gold.

Last edited:
Fedor went undefeated for 10 years in the deepest heavyweight division on the planet (pride). People can talk shit about his competition but look at the ufcs top 10 heavyweights in the late 90s and early 2000s. Mostly journeyman nobodies that none of us can remember. Fedor had a few freakshow fights but outside of those FEW fights he beat top competition for a decade including 5 former UFC heavyweight champs and 2 victories over the #2 all time heavyweight.

Big Nog beat anyone and everyone not named fedor during that same time period.

Stipe is now the clear #3. Knockouts over Werdum, reem, arlovski, jds and hunt are an incredible feet.

If Stipe can put together a few more big wins he surpasses Big Nog.

The path to surpassing Fedor is steep. I'm not sure what conditions I would put in place for that. What do you guys think? What does Stipe need to do to surpass Fedor?

10 title defenses with a win over Cain, another win over Francis, and a win over Cormier? A win over returned jon jones?

10 title defenses? That’s stupid.

If that’s the case then you’ve got to factor in that Fedor has gotten his ass beat by FABIO MALDANADO, Mitrione, and Hendo

Werdum > Fedor

What top guy has Fedor best besides Big Nog? Cro Cop was fun to watch but he’s not elite

100% perfect list:

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Werdum
4. Stipe
5. Jds
6. Crocop
7. Overeem
8. Timmy
9. Cain
10. Barnett

I’d go

1. Fedor
2. Stipe
3. Werdum
4. Big nog
5. Timmy
6. Cain
7. Crocop
8. Jds
9. Overeem/Mir
10. Barnett

Fujita was pracitcally undefeated before Cro Cop fights, he entered injured against Coleman and surrendered the fight after 5 seconds to Coleman just to pick up money.
Fujita was first to defeat Kerr, had another top 10 win v Gilbert Yvel and beat one of GOATs by that time, Ken Shamrock and entered on that streak v Mirko.

Yoshida beat Don Frye while he was 15-1, beat Mark Hunt, beat Tamura who has many big scalps (Mo Smith, Ilyukhin, Miletich, Dave Menne, Jeremy Horn, Renzo Gracie, T. Koshaka, Volk Han, Sakuraba etc.), beat Ogawa, Abbott.

And today Curtis Blaydes is ranked no. 9 on UFC official rankings with 7-1 and wins vs nobodies and Oleynik. Ngannou was ranked no. 10 on december 2016 with wins vs Henrique, Blaydes, Hamilton.

Now compare that and you tell me about modern "evolved" HW division, rankings and big wins.

Oh DayV...love you buddy. Keep hangin in there.

Curtis Blaydes would besmirch Yoshida...violently.

VroCop #3...easily LMAO

Back