1/3 of stranger killings in the US committed by police

Per capita:

Germany: 0.02 police related killings per 100k inhabitants

US: 2.5 police related deaths per 100k inhabitants

Factor: times 125

I still find it interesting that if you get killed in the US by a stranger, it probably is by a cop.
K, Germany also only has 6-8 cops murdered on duty each year while the US has like 70. I don't know why people take other countries with completely dissimilar demographics for comparisons.

lol at "if you get killed by a stranger". Don't worry, you wond't, you'll probably die of heart disease or cancer like most people but by all means, let's pretend getting murdered is a strong possibility. 2/3 are not cop shootings, 1/3 are, and if you throw out the justified shootings we're talking about an insanely small number. There have been several ridiculous fuckups and power trips by cops, but again, compared to the number of police interactions, it barely registers.

Per capita:

Germany: 0.02 police related killings per 100k inhabitants

US: 2.5 police related deaths per 100k inhabitants

Factor: times 125

I still find it interesting that if you get killed in the US by a stranger, it probably is by a cop.

I can't believe I'm going to defend the extortionists here, but a cop in Germany is playing on novice mode. Here, any asshole and their mother has a gun (which they should), so its like they're on Hardcore. It's a completely different ballgame.

That isn't the concerning part. Does anyone have a really well developed sense of what percentage this should be? Of course not. I'm expected to gasp over a statistic that carries no inherent worth.

Law enforcement in this country has made a point of educating our public that something like 80% of murders involve a victim who knew his killer. Meanwhile, what percentage of police response calls do you think involve an officer who knows the people in a situation to which he's responding? I estimate it's incredibly low in any country.

The concerning statistic is when you look at our police homicide rates relative to other countries (such as yours): as an absolute figure, as a proportion of responses involving violence situations, and as a ratio per capita. These are statistics that have far more worth on face value.
Police homicides vs other countries is basically apples to oranges. The difference overall in police interactions with the public/perps is a much different animal in countries like Germany compared to the U.S.

K, Germany also only has 6-8 cops murdered on duty each year while the US has like 70. I don't know why people take other countries with completely dissimilar demographics for comparisons

I am not aware of these figues, but let's say they are accurate. In that case, taking into account population (US = Germany * 4), US cops only get murdered about 2.2 times more than their German counterparts, but kill people with a likelihood that's 125 times higher..?

Violent police officers vs violent offenders.

Who gives a fuck about dogs.

You want to protect your own home.
Call the cops.

Or we could come there and take what we want. Who would you call then?

Well I have dogs and guns to protect my home.

So I give a fuck about my dogs. Also what kind of sociopath doesn't care about cops killing dogs?

I also know that if I hear a loud bang and my door is thrown open and I grab a firearm to defend myself that if it's a no knock warrant I'll be killed. Even if they get the house number wrong. Who should I call then? Hope I'm just injured and a lawyer to get a cool mil from the taxpayers?

I am not aware of these figues, but let's say they are accurate. In that case, taking into account population (US = Germany * 4), US cops only get murdered about 2.2 times more than their German counterparts, but kill people with a likelihood that's 125 times higher..?
Let's base it on the number of police interactions and crime rates rather than population. Again, we're dealing with different demographics and crime rates. You can't really use "___ times more likely" when your first number is .02. You'd have to use a country with similar murder rates and police interactions, and I can't think of any off-hand with a similar population. I'm sure most of Europe has significantly fewer people who attack cops. The same applies with incarceration rates. Why do so many people just write off the possibility that we might have more criminals here than some other countries?

How many are justified shootings.

That's all the math I care about.

Because some people need to be shot when they do stupid shit.
Normally I would agree but the thing is "justified" has gotten out of hand, IMO.

How many unfortunate cases have we seen where a shooting was "justified" because someone put their hands near their waist? I understand that is technically reason, because it appears that they're "reaching" for whatever.

That video recently in New Mexico I think, the guy reached to adjust his shorts because the officer made him crawl on the carpet floor. He instinctively did that, he did not think, and he got blasted for it.

But you see, the police have the same problem, they don't think they just react, like that poor guy. The difference? They have a gun and badge.

That man instinctively adjusted his shorts, just like the officer instinctively shot him once he saw his hands reach for anything.

I'll gif you later since that seems to be your preferred communication.

You're sill dumb and couldn't get 5 likes on Facebook if Zuckerberg was you dad.
Good thing that likes on Sherdog are all that matters. :)

Cops are also someway involved in 100% of reported crimes.

#staywoke

Who gives a fuck about dogs.
tenor.gif

Well I have dogs and guns to protect my home.

So I give a fuck about my dogs. Also what kind of sociopath doesn't care about cops killing dogs?

I also know that if I hear a loud bang and my door is thrown open and I grab a firearm to defend myself that if it's a no knock warrant I'll be killed. Even if they get the house number wrong. Who should I call then? Hope I'm just injured and a lawyer to get a cool mil from the taxpayers?
No knock raids are one of the more insidious practices of modern policing. IMO if you kill a cop who is performing a no knock raid you should have a case for self defense and there are times when people get off on that argument.

No knock raids are one of the more insidious practices of modern policing. IMO if you kill a cop who is performing a no knock raid you should have a case for self defense and there are times when people get off on that argument.

Absolutely you should. I've very little sympathy for cops that get killed no knocking. I've far more sympathy for the civilians whose lives gets ruined by pigs on a power trip.

It’s not about a particular look.
It’s marketing.
They are advertising their booty , which is for sale or rent.

A prime example would be a lot of small-time criminals (often the black ones). Don't wear any belts so when they run from the cops they have to reach down to their pants and pull it up.
I mean you would guess if you are a criminal the ability to run as fast as possible from the cops would be more important than a particular look.

Absolutely you should. I've very little sympathy for cops that get killed no knocking. I've far more sympathy for the civilians whose lives gets ruined by pigs on a power trip.
Well, I have some sympathy for those cops. They're cogs in a broken system, not the engine or designer of it. But yeah no knock raids are shit. The defense usually is if you knock the suspect has time to destroy or tamper with evidence but IMO that's a handicap I'm willing to levy on law enforcement if it means doing away with no knock raids.

Well, I have some sympathy for those cops. They're cogs in a broken system, not the engine or designer of it. But yeah no knock raids are shit. The defense usually is if you knock the suspect has time to destroy or tamper with evidence but IMO that's a handicap I'm willing to levy on law enforcement if it means doing away with no knock raids.

Yeah that's why I didn't say "I have no sympathy" did you see that Cracked article I posted in the other thread about how the cops executed his fucking dog, levied all sorts of unjust charges, and kept him in jail knowing he was innocent while rewarding a fucking cop that accidentally shot another cop?

Infuriating stuff.

Back