1/3 of stranger killings in the US committed by police

Cops can't protect you. They can come after someone already broke in to your house or car. If they see a crime happening they don't have to put them selves in harms way to protect you.

Yeah, they pretty useless.

Just wondering who you would call if you were getting attacked?

The concerning statistic is when you look at our police homicide rates relative to other countries (such as yours): as an absolute figure, as a proportion of responses involving violence situations, and as a ratio per capita. These are statistics that have far more worth on face value.

Per capita:

Germany: 0.02 police related killings per 100k inhabitants

US: 2.5 police related deaths per 100k inhabitants

Factor: times 125

I still find it interesting that if you get killed in the US by a stranger, it probably is by a cop.

Yeah, they pretty useless.

Just wondering who you would call if you were getting attacked?

If I'm in my house I'm using a gun to protect myself then reporting it to the police.

So you'd call a meme?

I'm sure John Travolta would save you.

don't know what the hell crawled up your ass, the that gif was meant to tell you I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

That's a crazy number. If you want to know how the authors arrived at it, I really recommend you read the whole piece:

https://granta.com/violence-in-blue/

So? How many of those people killed by police were criminals where the cops had to shoot them? im sure some of those were police fuckups and negligence but im sure most were cops having to shoot criminals

Per capita:

I still find it interesting that if you get killed in the US by a stranger, it probably is by a cop.

So? How many of those people killed by police were criminals where the cops had to shoot them? im sure some of those were police fuckups and negligence but im sure most were cops having to shoot criminals

The murder rate in the US is 5.5 times higher in the US, but the police killings rate is a staggering 125 times higher. I'd sure say that seems alarming.

I agree that the majority certainly will be justified shootings still, but even so, I believe police tactics and education need a review.

I agree that the majority certainly will be justified shootings still, but even so, I believe police tactics and education need a review.

I definitely agree with that. The social media age has revealed some serious fuck ups by cops getting people killed.

Violent police officers vs violent offenders.

Who gives a fuck about dogs.

You want to protect your own home.
Call the cops.

Or we could come there and take what we want. Who would you call then?

A lot of people.

I give a fuck about dogs a lot more than I give a fuck about people who don't give a fuck about dogs.

A lot of people.

I give a fuck about dogs a lot more than I give a fuck about people who don't give a fuck about dogs.

Thats because youre weird. I see the same shit on live leak.

I'm sure if you fall to your knees and beg a cop not to kill you everything will be fine...

Especially if you are white...

Oh, wait...

How many are justified shootings.

That's all the math I care about.

Because some people need to be shot when they do stupid shit.

How many are justified shootings.

That's all the math I care about.

Because some people need to be shot when they do stupid shit.
Its hard to know if we're only taking the cop's word on it.

Its hard to know if we're only taking the cop's word on it.

I'm going to bet most all of them were and the evidence supported it.

And fuck cops that shoot people or dogs unjustified I hope they die a slow and painful death just like any other shit head that does it.

I ain't a betting man and even if I were I wouldn't make that bet. To each his own.

I ain't a betting man and even if I were I wouldn't make that bet. To each his own.

I think the more significant issue lies with avoidable shootings. They might have been justified in front of the law but could have been avoided.
I think that is those staggering numbers come from in the US. That also applies to the person shot.
A prime example would be a lot of small-time criminals (often the black ones). Don't wear any belts so when they run from the cops they have to reach down to their pants and pull it up.
I mean you would guess if you are a criminal the ability to run as fast as possible from the cops would be more important than a particular look.

But I don't think a serious debate about how the US could avoid more shootings is possible in the current political climate.
So I guess this will just stay the same.

I don't know if I'd even be able to find it at this point, as it's been a few years since I used Tumblr, but there is/was an account that kept track of all police killings that hit the media in America. The blog would give a brief synopsis with multiple media citations (both MSM and Alternative Media) to determine whether or not the killings were justified. Obviously, it's not a court and the media isn't necessarily painting the whole picture, especially if the primary accounts were from the police departments themselves.

Alas, something like 88% of the shootings were deemed "justified" by the blog, going off the information provided by both sides of the media landscape.

I don't like cops, particularly. I've had a few too many run ins with them that left a bad taste (and more than once, blood) in my mouth. But the "cops indiscriminately killing civilians" shit is largely fear-mongering. The vast majority of the shootings are justified. I'm just as pissed as the next guy, though, when a shooting isn't in any way justified and the filth that committed the crime still gets off free.

Per capita:

still the minority of those statistics, no no actually not probably a cop. 1/3 is 33%.

Back