⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped Shogun with a body shot.

Guess Shogun was never tough and quits from a guy with a punching power of a "3-4."

We all know Jones has great GnP and elbows. There is no need to pretend that stoppage wasnt mainly from the cumulative damage Shogun absorbed in that fight. Shogun was already done at that point when Jones threw that body shot. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Yea..im not understanding the logic of talking crap about the power of a guy that beat you. So.. a guy that can't punch beat you in a fight....what does that say about you as a fighter then?

the logic of it is that jones doesnt punch hard, and cormier is stating this fact. jones himself has said on multiple occassions that he has no pop, no punching power etc etc etc. cormier isnt saying jones didnt win the fight, or that hes not a good fighter. he constantly talks about how great a fighter jones is. he's saying jones doesnt punch hard. jones agrees.

Didn't learn from Rockhold I guess. He gets beat up by the goat either way.

DC's just selling the fight. After their first encounter, he claimed he felt Jones' power more than he thought he would, which surprised him. More importantly, whether or not they finish a potential fight, each one landed = points. On the other hand, it's not like DC has been wreaking havoc with stopping power, either. The last notable person he stopped with strikes, was Silva some five years ago.

At the end of the day this is an MMA contest, so he'll have more to be worried about, anyway.

This is nothing new. Jones doesn't have punching power...and it is not the way he wins his fights anyway. And he certainly didn't beat DC via just power so I don't get what is DC trying to prove here.

I think he must carry the less KO power in the LHW division...

Almost anyone at LHW have KO power

his power isn't what helped him dominate DC. ask him about Jones' grappling & let's see how critical he gets...

Nau5Dak.gif

oo4fyUy.gif

the logic of it is that jones doesnt punch hard, and cormier is stating this fact. jones himself has said on multiple occassions that he has no pop, no punching power etc etc etc. cormier isnt saying jones didnt win the fight, or that hes not a good fighter. he constantly talks about how great a fighter jones is. he's saying jones doesnt punch hard. jones agrees.
I agree that Jones isn't a hard puncher. If DC just responded 'nah' to "Does Jones punch hard?", or was talking about tactics, for example , why he would feel confident to get in the clench with him and exchange some dirty boxing, then I'd have no problem with what he said. But he is laughing at, and mocking the power of Jon's punches. I know he acknowledges Jon's skills as a fighter, but it does sound a bit silly to mock and laugh at a guy that beat you in a fight. It's not a big deal to me. I know they don't like each other and it's just trash talk, but if I were Jones, id find it pretty silly that a guy I definitively beat in a fight had the nerve to later critique the ass kicking I gave him.

And I could've sworn that Jon landed a really good body punch on DC that he seemed to have definitely felt. Anyone else remember that?

Jones is not a power puncher but Cormier would be wise to learn his teammate's lesson and not discount the punches of any opponent

I agree that Jones isn't a hard puncher. If DC just responded 'nah' to "Does Jones punch hard?", or was talking about tactics, for example , why he would feel confident to get in the clench with him and exchange some dirty boxing, then I'd have no problem with what he said. But he is laughing at, and mocking the power of Jon's punches. I know he acknowledges Jon's skills as a fighter, but it does sound a bit silly to mock and laugh at a guy that beat you in a fight. It's not a big deal to me. I know they don't like each other and it's just trash talk, but if I were Jones, id find it pretty silly that a guy I definitively beat in a fight had the nerve to later critique the ass kicking I gave him.

And I could've sworn that Jon landed a really good body punch on DC that he seemed to have definitely felt. Anyone else remember that?

so you have a problem with dc's factually sound remark but dont have a problem with jones saying that the reigning ufc lhw champ is the biggest pussy he's ever seen

aight

His teammate Rockhold thought the same about Bisping. We all saw how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back