⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cormier needs to be quiet because he got his shit pushed in in the first fight vs Jones

His arms are too long to really punch that hard. But him not being in love with his hands is what makes him such a fantastic fighter. He uses all of his tools and this opens up his creativity widely. Power punchers become one dimensional because they fall in love with their hands so much as KOing someone must be a helluva drug. This shouldn't be a knock on Jon. It's part of what makes him such a good fighter.

It's middling at best , he doesn't sit on his punches either . The Damage adds up but if he is facing a fighter with decent defense or a solid chin he is probably not KOing them but it could be a long 5 rounds dealing with his length and wrestling.

There wasn't a whole lot of power behind it, Machida practically ran right into the punch
bones1.gif

It looked like Machida was about to do his usual Blitz and ran into a freight train.

Maybe, he definitly has more power than Cormier though, so what's that leave Cormier with better wrestling? nvm he got owned in that department too.

Rampage said he rocked him with a left hook in the 4th round I believe.

He also hit Shogun with some good shots.

I am most surprised that he said "he kicks very hard".. usually nothing happens when he kicks except for the oblique kick of course.

You know, I have to say, I think it's petty for DC to say this. Not tremendously petty, but still. You hear the same thing said about Dominick Cruz. And even Michael Bisping. And it's always by guys they lost to, or their fans.

Jon Jones is the best. Until he's beaten that's what it is. Sure, you can whine about whether or not he punches hard, but that is a moot point. We aren't at a carnival trying to hit the bell at the top of the thing with a hammer are we? MMA is about a hell of a lot more than punching power. Sure, punching power is valuable. But come on.

Jon Jones isn't trying to knock Daniel Cormier out with punches. Why would he? His game is leg kicks, standing elbows, turning side kicks, and some of the best slams you're going to see. And unless Cormier addresses Jones game differently in this rematch, he's going to fail again (I think).

Maybe I'm on my own on this one. BTW, the Opie and Jim show is just not the same without Anthony.

Jones punches are not great but he has some of the best eye pokes in the business.

Real game changers.

Jones` punching power should be compared to other LHWs.

Lets say Rumble is 10 on that scale and Vinny Magaelhaes is 1. Jones should be somewhere around 3-4, Phil Davis 2.

Jones` punching power should be compared to other LHWs.

Lets say Rumble is 10 on that scale and Vinny Magaelhaes is 1. Jones should be somewhere around 3-4, Phil Davis 2.

Dropped Shogun with a body shot.

Guess Shogun was never tough and quits from a guy with a punching power of a "3-4."

He doesn't need to punch hard. His fist strikes are very accurate and bothersome, so he can outsource the powershots to his elbows.

Pretty smart, really. The fists are for precision, the elbowsis for power.
I love it when people have no idea what they are talking about.

I don't think he's rocked anyone with punches...not that I can remember anyways. Voted 4.
Dropped Machida with a huge punch, but 4 sounds about right. He threw his whole body into that one and I think Machida was coming forward at the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back