⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dan Henderson, even when you're close and he hits you from very very close, you can feel how heavy his hands are. His hands are pretty powerful."

He might not punch hard, but he can elbow the fuck out of you.

Oh look!
Another poll posted by you to get attention! Cool!

You even used those special ASCII characters to get even more attention.

Maybe one day, nah..
But maybe!

Careful AKA fighters with all this "he can't punch hard" scenarios caused Luke to go full yolo believing that.

Well he still has power because he is a young athletic 225 lbs fighter with 10% body fat so he has some.. but compared to other fighters he doesn't commit to his punches he doesn't put everything into them and he has this freaky lanky super long build / reach 84.5 with not the greatest boxing prowess and the man doesn't have junk in his trunk if you know what I mean.

Also this is one of the reasons why he delays the move to HW because he doesn't have the KO respect power that most of the HWs have and that division is also used to take heavier hits compared to the lower LHW (and those skinny legs that he is hurting and limping after every fight).

But hey he has plenty of other effective tools that he can use to hurt and finish guys so the lack of KO punching power isn't as severe as you may think it would be normally.

I don't think he's rocked anyone with punches...not that I can remember anyways. Voted 4.

I remember him stunning Rampage at one point but he didn't fallowed it up so he recovered fast.

Domt like either fighter, dislike Jones more, but I think Jones is going to finish DC. DC might have to retire after this, how can you train without a soul?

The same way you post without one. :D

Sorry I couldn't help my self.. XD no offense sherbro.

DCs knocked out who? Bigfoot and Cummins? Yea hes totally a knockout artist himself haha.

2 more than Jones though. May be grasping a bit but how else is he to talk shit about a fighter that handled him already?

At least that settles the, "who hits harder?" between Rumvle and Hendo debate.

Well heck one is younger and faster and heavier around 225 lbs with extra speed and the other is much older and around 200 lbs.. just based on that we should know the answer.

The thing is either of them get to land on a sweet spot clean then chances are it's more then enough to get the job done.

Can't really know but I imagine its like 7.. Its a well known fact Jones doesn't have much power in his hands.

How could I forget that. Machida lunged right into it
bones1.gif

Man if Machida went for his regular straight left instead of an overhand he coulda caught him 1st...

It's the only criticism he has for jones. Jones wrecks him everywhere else

The reason Jon doesn't have power in his hands is because he doesn't have good footwork or good hip/shoulder rotation and doesn't extend his elbow fully when he punches.

Its a bit strange because he's been fighting for so long, I suppose high level boxing isn't necessary when your all around game is so good.

Until you run into a boxer who can stifle your other tools, at least.

The only time I can recall him hurting someone with a punch was against machida. He really doesnt need insane power in his hands though with the vast array of tools in his arsenal

The only time I can recall him hurting someone with a punch was against machida. He really doesnt need insane power in his hands though with the vast array of tools in his arsenal

He made Glover spit out his mouthpiece a couple of times. And he's got a ko in amateur mma, if I recall correctly.

Well heck one is younger and faster and heavier around 225 lbs with extra speed and the other is much older and around 200 lbs.. just based on that we should know the answer.

The thing is either of them get to land on a sweet spot clean then chances are it's more then enough to get the job done.

Well yeah, those of us with common sense, but you'd be surprised how many people don't have any.

He's still a 220+ pound professional MMA fighter. If he punches you, you are going to be in serious pain.

Lol! He dropped Lyoto!! And that was before Machida forgot how to fight. Also remember what happened last time someone doubted a fighters punching power ? We ended up with a new middleweight champion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back