⚔ Bisping Calls Out GSP for Superfight Before First Title Defence

"I believe there is [sic] some other people floating around in there as well, potential super fights...
GSP."

Bisping was also quick to give life to rumors that the former welterweight great might consider a UFC return for a shot at the new middleweight champ:

"It kinda has, now that you mention it," Bisping replied when asked if a superfight with GSP had been on his radar. "And I mean, just the words that you said, those words get me really excited. As you say, fighting Georges St-Pierre, the great Georges St-Pierre, and of course, for the title of 'Who has the most wins in UFC history.' That alone as a tagline, and great promotion. Of course, the numbers would be fantastic with Georges St-Pierre, he's a proven draw.

. . .

"I would certainly be open to sending Georges St-Pierre back to a movie set, because that would be a fight that I would definitely win. And if Georges St-Pierre is listening: buddy, any time just be a man, sign on the dotted line, and your return will be short-lived."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...n-georges-st-pierre-weidman-rockhold-mma-news

Smart move. His reign isn't likely to be long. He doesn't have many fight years left at his age.

So get that super-fight and big pay day. Even if he loses, it's against a GOAT, and it's just spending 5 rounds on his back with a handsome Frenchman on top of him. A lot of people would call it an evening well spent.

GSP isn't the same and Bisping is too big. Make it happen.

GSP via broken orbital bone caused by the best jab in the game.

Feed bisping to Whittaker

listen...

if hendo was like your boy mcnugget and fought midgets at a lower weight class, he'd have a winning record too, but nope, he's fought fighters his own size, if not, way bigger.

it's not all about record, it's about the level of competition at 2 different weight classes.

No, he wouldn't. Even if we only count his MW fights in his current UFC stint he has still at no point had a winning record. You must have a bit of trouble with facts, seeing how you followed up with...

gsp didn't even win his last fight and you kids think that's more deserving of a title shot? lmao yeah ok, if anything, make gsp rematch hendricks to see if he can actually beat him first.

Which is factually incorrect. Being named the winner on points by the ringside judges is ultimately the defining thing that makes you win a decision.

These things aren't very hard to look up. Nor is the difference of statements of opinions and fact, if that's what you're having issues with.

Which is factually incorrect. Being named the winner on points by the ringside judges is ultimately the defining thing that makes you win a decision.

These things aren't very hard to look up. Nor is the difference of statements of opinions and fact, if that's what you're having issues with.
That is the biggest pile of crap and you know it.

The current system is severely flawed and the judges have a long history of being incompetent, yet you feel the need to put all your trust in a judge's decision? Yeah ok, seems like you don't have the intelligence yourself to judge a fight so you have to rely on others to pick a winner for you.

GSP can never take matters into his own hands and finish a fight so he has to rely on the incompetent judges to pick a winner. Since you know, he can't do it himself, he has to wait for these judges to tell him who won. The 10-9 scoring is outdated and was designed for boxing, not MMA. It'll be years, maybe decades, until they change the scoring criteria to fit MMA. Basically with the current system, you can still get your ass kicked and "win" the fight, according to these judges.

That is the biggest pile of crap and you know it.

The current system is severely flawed and the judges have a long history of being incompetent, yet you feel the need to put all your trust in a judge's decision? Yeah ok, seems like you don't have the intelligence yourself to judge a fight so you have to rely on others to pick a winner for you.

GSP can never take matters into his own hands and finish a fight so he has to rely on the incompetent judges to pick a winner. Since you know, he can't do it himself, he has to wait for these judges to tell him who won. The 10-9 scoring is outdated and was designed for boxing, not MMA. It'll be years, maybe decades, until they change the scoring criteria to fit MMA. Basically with the current system, you can still get your ass kicked and "win" the fight, according to these judges.

You said he didn't win and that's 100% factually incorrect. Look at Fight Finder if you're unsure. You might not think that he should have won but that's an entirely different statement.

No, it just seems like I understand both logic and language. GSP did win the first round in my view as well so I agreed with the result, as the other 4 rounds were very clear 10-9 round wins, divided evenly.

Fighters train and fight according to the rules they sign under so they are in part a reason for the fights looking like they do. The 10 point must system isn't even the first thing one should remedy if one should alter the rules. It's just how you score the rounds, it has no automatic bearing on how you arrive to the conclusion.

Bisping is a genius. He knows he has one fight left most likely before retiring and why not make the most money possible
Bisping won't retire for many years to come... He's take moderate damage through the years. He'll be ok well into his 40s and they'll pay him well to fight.

What is it with MW champions calling out smaller guys? Anderson was prolific with it.

Weidman was a true champion

Bisbing can't stop that rasslin ..

I think I could get into this match up, it would be awesome to see GSP get the MW strap :D

Well he's earned a big time payday like this would generate.

GSP is a smarter fighter than Rockhold, a better grappler than anyone Bisping has ever faced, a better technical striker than anyone Bisping has ever faced, and has a lot of experience in championship fights.

Make the fight happen. I'll enjoy watching Bisping lose his title.

Literally 10 other fighters I would want GSP to return to than Bisping.

I think Bisping would beat GSP, I think Henderson is the harder fight of those two at MW.

Back