Social ♕♕♕GoT creators new show: Confederate♕♕♕

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up their previous works, I'm not sure those two writers are that good. They were handed GoT on a silver platter, an author better than them wrote the story.

This crackdown on ideas, 99.9% fantasy btw, is absolutely nuts. Everyone needs to get the fuck off their soap boxes and worry about themselves.

You know what's annoying about GoT? Everyone who watches can't stop trying to get me to watch it. It's everywhere and now they have Ed Sheeran singing it? Wasn't this supposed to be a soap opera about dungeons and dragons but gory or something?

original.png
Umm why don't you give it a chance? It has gays in it doing gay stuff too, you might like that right?

Literally nothing they could have done would have avoided some amount of cultural diversity backlash, wise of them to lean into it.

I swear some of these people wish there was still an ongoing argument between pro and anti-slavery parties, like they just need to have an adversary who's that far over the line.

I fucking hate the media when a hand full of people send stupid fucking tweets being offended by something and they make it out like the whole world is pissed.

99.99999% of the world doesn't care if a fictional story has bad shit it in.

Not a fan this trend to apply politically correct nonsense to fiction and Sci-Fi. You don't like it, then don't watch it.

Only thing I am outraged about is how slow this show will likely be, and why slow shows are made, and allowed to broadcast.

Fiction is violence!
Don't you know guys?

It's an interesting concept to explore, but in today's environment, I have no faith that there's going to be any depth to this show. If the Confederate aren't portrayed as clear-cut "black hats", with zero redeeming qualities, then there will be hell to pay from various social justice movement groups.

i see nothing wrong with the show so long as it does not glorify the confederacy. but they obviously put themselves in an easy triggering position....likely on purpose.

thought it was meh too.

It wasn't no this, that's for sure:

Az05vB3.gif

mqTPRhA.gif

zkqRc50.gif

tbf doe, not much on TV is or even close.
imo
I thought some scenes/dialogues, especially in Winterfell, were a bit cringy, awkward and stilted tbh.
They shouldn't try to force those 'epic' and 'heroic' speeches and conversations.

i see nothing wrong with the show so long as it does not glorify the confederacy. but they obviously put themselves in an easy triggering position....likely on purpose.

It's good to see people with a open mind.

The show may suck (HBO show sucking??) but regardless, stifling freedom of speech in regards to something that is of creative nature and science fiction for our entertainment is ridiculous.

I think it will be the opposite of what those triggered twitter user expect
a massive anti-racism and white guilt show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back