♔ Bisping Reveals His Demands as Middleweight Champion ♔

Bisping has a right to:

• Total voters
they should have all of his fights in the UK, but giving him free title defenses is a it too much

Hendo or Diaz? Wtf?
He has to fight Jacare. If Jacare can't fight, then he should face Rockhold or Romero.
Bisping wants Hendo because he knows he can't beat the top guys.

Uhhhh...Bisping just beat THE top guy. GTFO with that.

And when exactly has Bisping ever avoided the top guys? He probably could have earned a title shot a lot quicker if he had. Rockhold, Silva, Belfort, Sonnen, Hendo, Kennedy, Evans etc. Don't even try to discredit the man's resume.

He'll fight who he's told to fight. This is all just talk.

A Champ should fight anyone, anywhere, anytime

Of course they'll let him defend in the UK, that's a HUGE event and the UFC has been trying to break into the British scene for years now. This is easily their best opportunity to do so.

Bisping at the top likely has the best interests in mind for himself and the UFC. Defending in the UK would be huge, and he likely wants a big name to headline the event and bring in as many eyes as possible.

I don't think Bisping is the kind of guy to duck and dodge anyone. I'm sure he has a big event in mind and with 10 years of loyalty and leading the way for the UK, I think he deserves a big event, a big name, and a big payday.

I'm ok with the immediate rematch trend dying off. It's great, actually.

Bisping at the top likely has the best interests in mind for himself and the UFC. Defending in the UK would be huge, and he likely wants a big name to headline the event and bring in as many eyes as possible.

I don't think Bisping is the kind of guy to duck and dodge anyone. I'm sure he has a big event in mind and with 10 years of loyalty and leading the way for the UK, I think he deserves a big event, a big name, and a big payday.

I'm ok with the immediate rematch trend dying off. It's great, actually.
Seriously I hate that shit. I didn't want Rockhold vs Weidman 2 either. Just gimme some fresh matchups. That's one of the reasons I don't have a problem with Woodley fighting Lawler. Sure, it should've been Wonderboy but at least he's defending against a healthy top 3 WW.

Sure he could offer a who and where. He may get an F U thrown back at him. The UFC will tell him who, where and what time to be there.

As is often the case, the title is misleading and sheeple flock to it. here's what he said:

""There is someone I've got my eye on, but ultimately it's down to the UFC. I do get a say since I'm the champion, so that's nice."

That's hardly him "picking" his opponent.

Right. I usually abstain in the case of bad polls like this but I did actually vote, no, he doesn't have the right. I just don't think anyone said he does. He does, however, have as much right as anyone else to preferences for particular opponents and venues and to expressing those preferences to UFC mgmt.

The UFC will do what it always does, whatever the fuck they want that they think will make them the most money. At the same time, DfW and Lorenzo were grinning from ear to ear when he won. I think it's highly unlikely he will face Weidman or Rockhold for his first defense. I'm hoping he gets to knock out Jacare. If I'm right, it will be in the UK; against any other opponent, it will be NY or Vegas.

It's a breach of etiquette to say /thread on your own post, but... like, you know... whatever....

I thought he was going to ask for fish & chips. Mmmmm fish & chips.

I believe champions should have the privilege of defending their title at home

It's not fair they have to travel elsewhere to "defend" their title lol

Eh, it's not like he's actually going to demand anything that wouldn't be beneficial to the UFC in the first place.

A title defense in the UK just makes sense and this is something the UFC has done a lot in the past where they let champs defend on home turf. Nothing new here, was probably going to happen anyway. As for opponents, let's not kid ourselves, it's not like he'd get to choose some top 15 gimme fight. It's probably Henderson since Bisping probably wants to get even on that infamous KO. And that would be mostly fine, there have been much more undeserved title shots. Objectively, it should probably be Jacare, but again, let's not kid ourselves and pretend that the most deserving challenger always gets the shot.

UFC is wasting his star power and pissing away a massive gate if they don't have him defend in England.

I don't mind it considering he was a late replacement so he did the UFC a favor by fighting Rockhold, I think it's fair that the UFC does Bisping a favor and lets him pick his first opponent.

What Bisping wants would also sell well Bisping vs Hendo in the UK would pull good numbers.

1. Wants to choose his opponent
2. Wants to choose the venue

"Bisping doesn't believe the former Strikeforce champ deserves a shot at redemption and has already zeroed on the fighter he wants to face next.

"Unfortunately, I'm not going to give you a name," Bisping told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.

"There is someone I've got my eye on, but ultimately it's down to the UFC. I do get a say since I'm the champion, so that's nice.

Bisping, 29-7, also revealed he's already informed the UFC brass that he's keen for his first title defence to take place in the UK.

"He added: "Defending the title in the U.K. is certainly something I'd love to do, and I've already made it clear to Dana White that I would like to do that."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/522080/Michael-Bisping-talks-first-UFC-title-defence
Bisbing loses his next 3 fights, and is cut. Calling it now.

Might as well try if you're the champ. If he has a huge list of demands the UFC is bound to give in to at least one of them.

Honestly he has a very solid chance at beating Yoel who cant go a full 15 minutes vs top comp.

A 5 roundet would make Yoel drown

It's Weidman in NY

Weidman waz the face of the UFC in the NY legislation & (if healthy) that match it a no brainer.

View attachment 106983

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/9/11893226/chris-weidman-undergoes-successful-neck-surgery

· 06/09/16 - According to Weidman, he'll begin physical therapy and strength training on Thursday and resume "hard MMA sparring" in six weeks. (July 20th) (that’s 4 months before NY card)

· Weidman described the procedure he was getting on a recent episode of "The MMA Hour." He is hoping to return to action at UFC 205 in New York City.

I like the business angle and the reason this is probably what happens, but one man's schedule does not dictate another's.
Chris can say something is going to happen, act like it is a foregone conclusion, and something completely different can happen.
He's not the one in charge, not the champion, and currently, is in not in a position where a title shot is guaranteed.
He lost to Luke in his last fight convincingly, was going to be facing him next, and pulled out of his fight.
Luke lost to Bisping. Chris should rematch Luke in MSG, while someone who didn't just lose should get a fresh crack at the title.
The fight we should be seeing is either Jacare or Romero, and I'd lean to Jacare on account of passing his last drug test.
The idea that one of the top two contenders should automatically get another shot at the title if it changes hands causes divisions to go stale.
We don't need trilogies, we need fresh fights.

Venue? yes I think Bisping deserves a UK defence, opponent? no he doesn't deserve to choose same as anyone, especially in a division with such a big backlog.

Lol at people that still throw Hendo's name.
Jacare is the right and fair answer.

Back