Bisping has a right to:

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Wants to choose his opponent
2. Wants to choose the venue

"Bisping doesn't believe the former Strikeforce champ deserves a shot at redemption and has already zeroed on the fighter he wants to face next.

"Unfortunately, I'm not going to give you a name," Bisping told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.

"There is someone I've got my eye on, but ultimately it's down to the UFC. I do get a say since I'm the champion, so that's nice.

Bisping, 29-7, also revealed he's already informed the UFC brass that he's keen for his first title defence to take place in the UK.

"He added: "Defending the title in the U.K. is certainly something I'd love to do, and I've already made it clear to Dana White that I would like to do that."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/522080/Michael-Bisping-talks-first-UFC-title-defence

Don't mind since it's his first defense.

1. Wants to choose his opponent
2. Wants to choose the venue

"Bisping doesn't believe the former Strikeforce champ deserves a shot at redemption and has already zeroed on the fighter he wants to face next.

"Unfortunately, I'm not going to give you a name," Bisping told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.

"There is someone I've got my eye on, but ultimately it's down to the UFC. I do get a say since I'm the champion, so that's nice.

Bisping, 29-7, also revealed he's already informed the UFC brass that he's keen for his first title defence to take place in the UK.

"He added: "Defending the title in the U.K. is certainly something I'd love to do, and I've already made it clear to Dana White that I would like to do that."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/522080/Michael-Bisping-talks-first-UFC-title-defence

Only Mcgoat can run the show like that!!!!!

Just give him two choices.

Dan Henderson

or

Nick Diaz.

Doubt he would want to face Yoel/Jacare anyways lol.

After a defence or two he can start making demands, currently he should fight the next in line (looking at you Jacare)

Neither. The UFC has a schedule to deal with. Fighters have to fight in different countries all the time; they do not have the right to chose their venue to defend their "world" title.

As far as choosing opponents, forget it.

What's this poll about?

Bisping will fight who he's told and he'll fight where he's told to. He has made a request to fight in the UK, no problems with that

Hendo or Diaz, your pick Bisbing.

He should defend against Jacare in the UK IMO

Choose his opponent? WTF?

This is supposed to be a sport, whoever deserves the shot gets it.

Venue? yes. He deserves a title defense in UK.

Hendo or Diaz? Wtf?
He has to fight Jacare. If Jacare can't fight, then he should face Rockhold or Romero.
Bisping wants Hendo because he knows he can't beat the top guys.

Let me guess, he wants to fight the 45 year old who is 3-6 in his last 9?

Bisping has made some requests. Not demands.

He isn't a McGregor level show wrecking diva bitch.

He should have a say in both. It shouldn't be the be all and end all of it, but he should be allowed to say I want to fight x fighter in the UK.

The fact is there are 4 or 5 fights that make sense.

Jacare and Yoel have the fight on merit. Weidman was next up for the shot. The UFC also love giving rematches so Rockhold has a chance. Then you have totally undeserving fighters like Hendo. End of the day, if Bisping is given the choice of this lot, why ignore what he picks?

I'm a Bisping fan but if he is choosing Hendo, he is quite obviously ducking Jacare, Weidman and Rockhold.

You ask any champ where they want to fight and it's their home state.

Any smart fighter asks for an opponent publicly or privately.

We're getting Bullshit Fight 2.0 with Conor Diaz and TS is bitching about Bisping wanting a certain opponent.

GIve him Romero or Jacare in England so he can get KTFO at home.

Rockhold rematch wouldn't be bad either with all the shit talk leading up to it. Ultimate bragging rights for whoever wins.

It's not likely he's ever going to successfully defend the belt, so you might as well let him have the fight in the UK.

It's Weidman in NY

Weidman waz the face of the UFC in the NY legislation & (if healthy) that match it a no brainer.

Judge Judy whatever.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/9/11893226/chris-weidman-undergoes-successful-neck-surgery

· 06/09/16 - According to Weidman, he'll begin physical therapy and strength training on Thursday and resume "hard MMA sparring" in six weeks. (July 20th) (that’s 4 months before NY card)

· Weidman described the procedure he was getting on a recent episode of "The MMA Hour." He is hoping to return to action at UFC 205 in New York City.

Back