★ Bisping (and UFC) Say He's a Legend. Seriously?

When did Bisping become a legend?

• Total voters
Maybe one or two more defenses could cement his status as a legend...

Is he an overall MMA legend? Of course not. Not even close. Is he a legend in the British MMA circuit? Definitely, yes. Does anyone actually think he's a legend like Shogun, Wand, Iceman, Couture, Silva, GSP etc etc? I'm guessing it's only a handful of delusional Bisping fans that think so. But then again, I guess there are some that think Bonnar/Griffin also are legends.
Bisping is a legend and stands proudly as the number 2 MW GOAT.

People get so bent out of shape by the word legend. I think it ought to be used loosely. Mike not only has been a very good MW fighter for a very long time, but he's also been a big personality, got a lot of face time on TUF, etc. He's a shoe in for any reputable HoF.

I put him in that same category of legend of guys like Joe Lauzon, Jim Miller, and Chris Lytle. He obviously has done more at the end of his career than any of them, but generally speaking I think he fits that category well. Legends all imo.

Well, he gave us a legendary moment when he KO'd Rockhold. And I'd certainly consider him a HOFer (if there were a legit HOF, not just UFC HOF). I don't know that I'd consider him a legend unless he gets another upset in his next defense or two. He did just break the UFC win record, so he's not without an argument for that kind of status.

People get so bent out of shape by the word legend. I think it ought to be used loosely. Mike not only has been a very good MW fighter for a very long time, but he's also been a big personality, got a lot of face time on TUF, etc. He's a shoe in for any reputable HoF.

I put him in that same category of legend of guys like Joe Lauzon, Jim Miller, and Chris Lytle. He obviously has done more at the end of his career than any of them, but generally speaking I think he fits that category well. Legends all imo.

This is the only reasonable answer.

In addition to what you've noted, the guy tripped and fell into a title shot as a substantial underdog and came up with a spectacular KO. That by definition is the stuff of legends.

if Cathal Pendred can be a legend i think Bisping more than qualifies

He's #1 in several UFC stats.

He's going to be discussed for a long time.

"I'm
not on that list because of racism
" - T-Wood

gotta think undisclosed earnings would completely change that list too with Bisping being nowhere near the top, what do you think? .. he's certainly been paid very well for a long time.

Right now he's at No. 3 behind Silva and McGregor, but guys like Brock, GSP and Jones would be way over him in total actual pay. If Nate got a PPV %, he probably bests Bisping with that one McGregor fight too. #RedPantiesNight

UFC Career Fighter Earnings
1 Anderson Silva * $6,002,000
2 Conor McGregor* $5,952,000
3 Michael Bisping* $5,835,000
4 Brock Lesnar* $5,375,000
5 Georges St-Pierre* $4,457,000
6 Chuck Liddell* $4,380,000
7 Rashad Evans* $4,225,000
8 Jon Jones* $4,180,000
9 Tito Ortiz* $4,135,000
10 Nate Diaz* $4,101,000

Right now he's at No. 3 behind Silva and McGregor, but guys like Brock, GSP and Jones would be way over him in total actual pay. If Nate got a PPV %, he probably bests Bisping with that one McGregor fight too. #RedPantiesNight

UFC Career Fighter Earnings
1 Anderson Silva * $6,002,000
2 Conor McGregor* $5,952,000
3 Michael Bisping* $5,835,000
4 Brock Lesnar* $5,375,000
5 Georges St-Pierre* $4,457,000
6 Chuck Liddell* $4,380,000
7 Rashad Evans* $4,225,000
8 Jon Jones* $4,180,000
9 Tito Ortiz* $4,135,000
10 Nate Diaz* $4,101,000

amazing gifs, although Bisping earned more on the first list than anyone on that second list

it's been revised, as the first was inaccurate?

amazing gifs, although Bisping earned more on the first list than anyone on that second list

it's been revised, as the first was inaccurate?

Yup, that original list was from the same website from awhile back, the UFC has really ramped up their salaries for their top draws in the last couple of months, and as always, McGregor is tearing up the game :cool:

PS the gif is from the promo I made for the UFC 205 AV bet megathread, you can check out the whole video here http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/122561297/ and maybe place some bets #Popcorn Bless :D

Yup, that original list was from the same website from awhile back, the UFC has really ramped up their salaries for their top draws in the last couple of months, and as always, McGregor is tearing up the game :cool:

PS the gif is from the promo I made for the UFC 205 AV bet megathread, you can check out the whole video here http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/122561297/ and maybe place some bets #Popcorn Bless :D
ramped up their salaries lol ... fucking bastards finally coughing up some of that fighter pay McGregor knew they were hosing :D terrible look for them and they don't even realise it

Bisping now thinks GSP wants to fight him so he can become a legend (too?):

"The middleweight title bout between Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre has been made official. The former welterweight champion will move up a division and immediately go for the belt after over three years away, and Bisping thinks ‘GSP’ is willing to take on that challenge because of how they matched up in past training sessions.

“He chose me because he thinks he can beat me,” Bisping said on Wednesday’s edition of UFC Tonight (transcribed by MMA Fighting). “I trained with him 11 years ago and he outwrestled me.

“Now back then I was a kickboxer from England, I didn’t know a double leg from a double decker bus. But every time we trained he’d take me down,” he explained. “He thinks I’m still that guy. He thinks I’m an easy opponent, an easy pick. He picked me to come out of retirement, moving up a weight class. It’s almost like he has nothing to lose, but if he moves up a weight class, he beats me, he becomes a legend.

I agree with this apart from the last part..... none of those guys ever got close to the belt, so Bisping is a few levels above them imo

Bisping now thinks GSP wants to fight him so he can become a legend (too?):

"The middleweight title bout between Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre has been made official. The former welterweight champion will move up a division and immediately go for the belt after over three years away, and Bisping thinks ‘GSP’ is willing to take on that challenge because of how they matched up in past training sessions.

“He chose me because he thinks he can beat me,” Bisping said on Wednesday’s edition of UFC Tonight (transcribed by MMA Fighting). “I trained with him 11 years ago and he outwrestled me.

“Now back then I was a kickboxer from England, I didn’t know a double leg from a double decker bus. But every time we trained he’d take me down,” he explained. “He thinks I’m still that guy. He thinks I’m an easy opponent, an easy pick. He picked me to come out of retirement, moving up a weight class. It’s almost like he has nothing to lose, but if he moves up a weight class, he beats me, he becomes a legend.
well he isnt wrong.... if GSP beats him he becomes a 2 weight champ after a 3 year layoff. Thats pretty legendary

Back