★ Bisping (and UFC) Say He's a Legend. Seriously?

When did Bisping become a legend?

• Total voters
You obviously like all the legends who have never been knocked out like.. err. umm..
All of em, especially Flying Old Man Hendo during his Belfort fight lol

You should make a "he is not a legend and will never become one" option,you would have a lot more votes in this poll

I could see the argument for Bisping being a legend as it is now via stats (with a fair amount of unspectacular fights), but I'd have to see him (t)KO anyone of Jacare, Romero, or Whineman, or UD the whole lot to really be on board.

hell no. any fucking bum can be a LEGEND?

Is he an overall MMA legend? Of course not. Not even close. Is he a legend in the British MMA circuit? Definitely, yes. Does anyone actually think he's a legend like Shogun, Wand, Iceman, Couture, Silva, GSP etc etc? I'm guessing it's only a handful of delusional Bisping fans that think so. But then again, I guess there are some that think Bonnar/Griffin also are legends.

just because you're a veteran doesn't mean you're a legend

I feel like the MMA community uses the terms interchangeably

Comes from tiny country of 50m people? Check
Won the Ultimate Fighter? Check
Won World Title? Check
Defended World Title? Check
Most wins in UFC History? Check
Legend Status Confirmed

Comes from tiny country of 50m people? Check
Won the Ultimate Fighter? Check
Won World Title? Check
Defended World Title? Check
Most wins in UFC History? Check
Legend Status Confirmed
and never failed a drug test

Bisping is a bona fide UFC legend. Want proof?

Top 10 UFC Career Fighter Earnings (Disclosed)

1 Michael Bisping* $6,189,000
2 Anderson Silva * $5,382,000
3 Georges St-Pierre* $4,457,000
4 Chuck Liddell* $4,380,000
5 Rashad Evans* $4,200,000
6 Jon Jones* $4,180,000
7 Tito Ortiz* $4,135,000
8 Vitor Belfort* $3,994,000
9 Lyoto Machida* $3,875,000
10 Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua* $3,730,000

*Are all peasants compared to McGOAT

Most wins in UFC bouts

Fighter W L D
Georges St. Pierre 19 2 0
Michael Bisping 18 7 0
Matt Hughes 18 7 0
Demian Maia 17 6 0
Jon Jones 16 1 0
Anderson Silva 16 3 0
Donald Cerrone 16 4 0
Chuck Liddell 16 7 0
Randy Couture 16 8 0
Gleison Tibau 16 9 0
wonder what this table looks like now

Just having more wins in UFC history than anyone else ever makes him a legend.

Some people don't think anyone is a legend and some people just don't like him, but you can't doubt his career.

I think Bisping has dropped to No.3 with Conor/Anderson at 1 and 2.
"I'm not on that list because of racism" - T-Wood

gotta think undisclosed earnings would completely change that list too with Bisping being nowhere near the top, what do you think? .. he's certainly been paid very well for a long time.

Course he's a frigging legend. Regardless of this being a five month old thread. He was a legend before silva. Not one other athlete has headed the amount of cards he has and turned mma into a huge market in Europe. The guy almost single handedly exposed mma to the UK market. Belts aside the dude has records is one of the first British fighters in the UFC, won tuf, made more Base money than any other fighter.

No

A very good fighter who was consistent beating mostly mid tier guys. The term legend is for guys that won belts and dominated other great fighters for years in their primes.

haha you took that one well I gotta admit
It's alright bruv, tbh I never liked Bisping, but I am definitely proud of his career and accomplishments. Michael is proof that sometimes the road to being a champion can be long and arduous. Yet one can still overcome adversity and he did just that. Against Andy, Luke, and now Henderson.

Most Wins in UFC History (20 would be 22 if they counted TUF)
UFC MW Champion (Defended once)
TUF 3 Winner
6 OTN awards.
Think that makes him a Legend and future HOF for sure.

Back