“What is school for?” Prince EA

My last name is Hotter. I told this joke on another thread. A fifth grader asked if she could call me Mr. Hottie. I told her no. That’s not appropriate at all. She shrugged and said, “that’s what my mom calls you.”
Pics of the mom.

Have you ever met someone that didn’t finish school? That will answer any questions.
Yes. my grandfather. I idolize that man. Hardest working, kindest man I'll ever know

I think so too bro. But I was a military child so I was changing schools like a sherdogger changes 10's. Even so, looking back I really have no excuse for being a fuck up in those environments (Very small, friendly schools with students and teachers who really tried to help me). Although I did fine academically. Socially not so much.
Kind of the same with me. I feel like if my social life didnt suck at school I would have done much better academically as well. I was an anxious kid and was some what bullied for being very shy and the bullying just made me even quieter and more awkward. Vicious cycle

indoctrinating brainwashing institutions

fuck a curriculum, educate yourself. university aint nothing but a trap to get you into paying student loans for a good deal of your life.

How much of all this homework does the average Sherdogger actually use in their job day-to-day?

It's interesting that some kids will work, work, work, study, study, study, but then they become an adult with a career and try to do as little work as possible. The older you get, the less work you want to do.

You also don't want to end a question with for. I learned that in school.

Have you ever met someone that didn’t finish school? That will answer any questions.

I actually know a lot of old timers who did not finish school. They just started working young and have done well for themselves. Now in todays Murka that option is not available. But that fact alone is another issue with today's society.

No.
One should definitely complete high school and college. A Masters, PhD, MD, or Law Degree is just icing on the cake. Try finding a good paying job without an education. Its not just about the knowledge, these days you can learn anything at any level through the internet. It is also about social skills, discussions, different points of view, etc. School is also a place to find girls and get laid. It is also a place where you find out your strong and weak points and how you stack up against your peers.

But that does not mean things have to be that way. It does not mean school in the format that it is now is not a waste of time. There should and could be other options for education.

Yes, educating people and making them more aware about the world is a total complete waste of time. I agree. {<diva}

I think this is about the method of educating people. The quality of our system, not just generally educating people.

This all day long....

Go hang around with some highschool dropouts and you’ll see why school is important.

The EIC has a monopoly on our lives. If you dont go through their system, and receive their approval, then yeh you are screwed. But giving the EIC that much power is a whole different issue.

School is just Liberal indoctrination these days. I don't see the point in learning about 76 genders, social justice, and why white people are the devil.
Exactly, and don't forget these liberal cuck-phantasies like reading, writing and mathematics.

Exactly, and don't forget these liberal cuck-phantasies like reading, writing and mathematics.

Reading about social justice, writing about social justice, and using mathematics to figure out how many genders there are.

Back in my day we did enough school to meet the state minimum for graduation while learning a trade so we could work in our fathers' companies.

As someone with a second grader, I really don't understand how people don't see the value of school for kids. He's learned so much shit in the past three years. I would even argue he learned some things in preschool

If you don't have the fortitude to make it through school, then I'm not hiring you...

From Kindy to high school, these are institution of education. Most schools, the problem is, measure their success by the grades of the students. And to make the comparisons fair, they sometimes do standardized testing. And government issue fundings, partially base on how good students perform these tests. So this process transforms the place of learning into a place of learning how to score high on tests. Education is being put on the backseat. Worse in university because their primary goal is to conduct research and publish papers, undergraduates are really low on the totem pole as far as universities are concerned.

Standardized testing probably needs to be removed. No more homework either. Eliminate summer vacation and have kids go year round (2 months in school with weekends off, then 2 weeks off/repeat) First class of the day should start at 10:30AM, prioritizing good sleep. Kids get home around 5:30 PM.

Consolidate the education. Middle school years need to be cut. I think kids should be at high school freshmen curriculum by the time they're 11 going 12, or when they would've been starting junior high.

Once they hit 15 and complete the HS work, they go into a middle college scenario. Essentially, community college level education needs to be made free to the public. They remain at these middle colleges where they study a trade of their choice while also taking the usual liberal arts core stuff.

At 18 upon graduation you then get the choice of transferring to a university(which you'll have to pay for) or taking an apprenticeship in the trade you studied in middle college. If you choose uni, the elective credits have already been gained, so you immediately start on major work to be completed by 20, saving time and money.

Either way, American citizens by 20 years of age should all have career like job prospects in the bag. If you want Grad/Med/Law school that's up to you to continue onwards from uni.

I love the excuses...comments section.

"That is so me" are everywhere.

<36>

For those that say school is useless, let's pretend you have a life threatening medical issue.

In order to fix said issue, you have two options;

1. A guy with a PHD in said area
2. A guy with zero schooling

Would anyone honestly choose option 2?

For those that say school is useless, let's pretend you have a life threatening medical issue.

In order to fix said issue, you have two options;

1. A guy with a PHD in said area
2. A guy with zero schooling

Would anyone honestly choose option 2?
Street smarts will heal you, bra.

Back