“These two REALLY don’t like each other”

These two really don't like each other,
but other than that, everything is...

virtuallyidentical.jpg

I infer it to mean that the fight will likely be more brutal and violent because of animosity between the fighters. They're promising something with lagniappe.

Because you could see the hate when Jones was pounding on DC. I feel like if Jones had that same level of hate he would have finished Rashad but I truly felt like he subconsciously pulled his punches vs Rashad.

I hear that a lot.

I never believe it.

Unless it’s Dana White saying so.

They say that plenty and it feels very artificial. I'm not really sure it effects me in a positive way regarding a bout. Take Bones/DC, the back and forth was pretty bad and oft cringe worthy but I knew the scrap would be amazing.

But like mentioned, whatever sells (or seems to).

'Really' is a hyperbolic term that means 'very' or 'very much' or 'extremely' etc.

The nicest thing that you can say about TS, is that he doesn't concern himself with the concept of duality of meaning.

Just joking of course, troll thread is obvious.

Except that I discussed the possibility of the duality of meaning in the original post....

Also, it’s not a troll thread. The question boils down to why are people generally more entertained by two fighters that dislike each other (or even pretend to dislike each other) as opposed to people who like each other or are indifferent to each other.

And I’ve recieved non troll answers such as we feel more passionate when the fighters seem more passionate.

I will say I disagree with the presumption that such fights are more likely to be extra aggressive or violent. Some were annoyed by the Yancy/Cowboy love fest, but they no doubt were trying to take each others heads off. And sometimes when too much ego is on the line fighters prove to be overly cautious. That said, if I were forced to predict which fight were likely to end in KO, I suppose I’d pick fighters that dislike one another compared to those that like each other, but I’d want to see the data too.

Last edited:
Back