“There’s no-one laughing at me now" - Conor McGregor

Former champs GSP, Jon Jones, even Ronda did just fine. The belt is a great barganing tool, but being stripped isnt viewed tge same as losing.your title.

Did you not watch a single fight where a former champion was involved? They market the shit out of that every time, in the promo's leading up to the fight they mention it at every occasion that this guy was a former champion, and even in the ring when they announce the fighter they mention it.

What's gonna bring Conor down is probably cocaine, not his loss of titles.

They can market all they want, but the appeal of watching a former champion is significantly lower, particularly with casuals. I think Oscar de la Hoya wouldn't be so interested in fighting the former LW champion, it doesn't bring as much money as a current champion and you do not want to lose to a non-champion.

Not that Conor would have any chance against Oscar, this fight is as much of a joke as against Floyd. Conor gets destroyed again.

Last edited:
I never knew we respected fighters for how much money they made.

Since when did we all become employees of Forbes?

I've never seen fans of an athlete enjoy said athlete actually not competing. It's hilarious.
That's not it and it's fairly obvious what is it, he never made any bones about what his priorities were which was money and winning two or even three titles, that was what he was after and that is exactly what he did, no bullshit no pretending to want to be the best none of that nonsense.

He's grown out of being a fighter.
He's a businessman, promoter and a star.
And he does what's best for him and his family.

Maybe it's hard to understand for Gonzaga fan, lol!
What kind of fairy still types "lol" these days? Besides, if you actually used your head for once (which doesn't appear to be an option for you since it's empty) you would have realized that I did say that he should be retiring in that case and do whatever it is that he likes to do. Promote, manage, do movies, whatever. But he's certainly not a fighter.

Chasing greatness is foolish in combat sports. No matter how high you ascend, people will forget you the moment you lose. Keeping your eye on the money is the best way to go
From a fighter perspective, I completely agree with you. I'm not saying he's wrong in his approach, just stating the facts as I see them. I wouldn't blame him if he retired. Heck, wouldn't blame GSP if he retired right now. Two smart ass dudes!

Chasing greatness is foolish in combat sports. No matter how high you ascend, people will forget you the moment you lose. Keeping your eye on the money is the best way to go
But, I'd like to counter your argument. Yes, ppl did "forget" Tyson when he lost, but look at what they think of him now. Nobody cares that he lost. He's remembered as one of the greatest ever.

What kind of fairy still types "lol" these days? Besides, if you actually used your head for once (which doesn't appear to be an option for you since it's empty) you would have realized that I did say that he should be retiring in that case and do whatever it is that he likes to do. Promote, manage, do movies, whatever. But he's certainly not a fighter.

I don't give a foook of new tendencies in chat world, i am too old for that.
And unless you prove your words, your head is empty, buddy boy.

I wrote that he's not Only a fighter, but ALSO does other stuff.
And if you don't remember , he have fought twice in the last year, with both HUGE fights.
Second title in UFC against Eddie and biggest cross discipline fight in history, against Floyd.

He's also a promoter, manager, and enterpreneur and he doesn't care about what others think he should do, he calls his own shots and even Dana doesn't tell him what to do, he has outgrown UFC.

So he decides himself, when to fight, when to promote, when to do movies and so on.
He's efficient, not like "just bleed" Cowboy, who gets brain damage for peanuts,
he fights less, but gets much more.

As for fighting - just think how much promotion and preparation it took.
Anynone should rest after that.

Guy never has to work again and neither will any of his family. Nothing else matters, his efforts got him his dreams. Respect

He's grown out of being a fighter.
He's a businessman, promoter and a star.
So you are saying that he isn't a fighter anymore...good job.

Then you should agree that he should vacate and retire...

I don't give a foook of new tendencies in chat world, i am too old for that.
And unless you prove your words, your head is empty, buddy boy.

I wrote that he's not Only a fighter, but ALSO does other stuff.
And if you don't remember , he have fought twice in the last year, with both HUGE fights.
Second title in UFC against Eddie and biggest cross discipline fight in history, against Floyd.

He's also a promoter, manager, and enterpreneur and he doesn't care about what others think he should do, he calls his own shots and even Dana doesn't tell him what to do, he has outgrown UFC.

So he decides himself, when to fight, when to promote, when to do movies and so on.
He's efficient, not like "just bleed" Cowboy, who gets brain damage for peanuts,
he fights less, but gets much more.

As for fighting - just think how much promotion and preparation it took.
Anynone should rest after that.
Drop the belt then. You can sit around and do nothing for the next 50 years and nobody would give a shit.

Drop the belt then. You can sit around and do nothing for the next 50 years and nobody would give a shit.

He owns the belts along with Dana's ass.

If you would be in his shoes and sitting on the belt would bring you $$$$$$$$$....

Would you drop it? Honestly?

Wouldn't you hold UFC LW division for a chance to make 100 mil against May?

Honest answer, please.

The UFC doesn't have to make him do anything. But they can strip him of his title. Let's see how many casuals will pay to watch FORMER UFC LW champ fight anybody.

His title is everything he has (apart from his money). He should know this, and defend it. Or get striped and retire very rich.

People will still watch imo, in Boxing there isnt always a belt on the line, and they have plenty, Conor will be the main event anyway.

Still laughing at him

He might be rich but he's still deluded

Pretending he made 100m from the Floyd fight

Lol

He was the F side in the deal
Dana was even more above him

Back