“Never leave the fights to the judges” is the dumbest quote ever...

I believe its a Dana White quote from TUF

Fighters who try to coast to the 'W' deserve the wrath of shitty mma judging.

I have zero sympathy for them.

I guess I can kinda understand it a little if you’re a fighter who really loves to point-fight and keep things close then yea you’re probably gonna get screwed at some point or another.

Definitely those guys that tend to have a lot of close, technical point fights (like Wonderboy) shouldn't be mad when the judges score a close fight against them. And to an extent, every fighter should be trying to finish the fight and guarantee a victory, instead of thinking "my corner says I'm winning, so I'll just run out the clock".

Get at least 5 judges to score a fight and that’ll at least help to decrease some of these god awful decisions.
Absolutely agree there should be 5 judges. Judges get paid too much (something ridiculous like 1-2k per fight????) and have too little accountability. The athletic commissions should stop the gravy train, pay them a little less, hold them accountable, and have 5 judges on different sides of the octagon.

When the fight is about even....yea I have no problem with the quote. But the problem is that tons of people still say that shit when everyone and their grandma knows the judges got it wrong. In those scenarios....blaming the fighter instead of the judges makes no sense to me. Am I really out of my mind for thinking this?
<WellThere> Even you're admiting the quote is good, and your argument is situational.

It is terrible.

Chuck really sums it up well here

A pissed off Chuck Liddell is very scary. Dana was walking straight the other way.

I think a lot of the young blood on here don't realize that at one point, Chuck Liddell was the most intimidating fighter on the planet.

Tell that to anyone who fights Diego Sanchez...

Same with “Octagon control”.

Maybe I don’t want to “control” the octagon at all times and let the fight naturally flow. Fighting alternates between offence and defence. You could be standing in the centre of the octagon and still be landed on.

Last edited:
I can’t believe there are still idiots that prefer decisions over finishes or attempting to finish.

Fuck you TS, people like you are the problem with mma.

Back