“Just a guy who went out there and went all out and just never gave up,”

The Mookster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
According to Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at the post fight press conference of UFC 210, he wants to be remembered as : “Just a guy who went out there and went all out and just never gave up". What say you sherdoggers? Is that how you will remember him?? Personally I think if the average fight fan had Rumble's abilities, they would be champion of the world several times over. I think his mental game is his achilles heel and him leaving the sport at 33 years old, in the prime of his career, with no publicly known major injuries is a travesty. And his 5x rolling over to his stomach and getting RNCed without seriously defending speaks to the opposite of his words.

Source:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/9...ins-stunning-ufc-retirement-its-just-business

The way he went out definitley doesn't leave the impression that he wants to leave. Sad!

I love watching AJ fight and he's an amazing fighter. And he will come back within a year, two at max. Hopefully he will still be as exciting.

According to Anthony "Rumble" Johnson at the post fight press conference of UFC 210, he wants to be remembered as : “Just a guy who went out there and went all out and just never gave up". What say you sherdoggers? Is that how you will remember him?? Personally I think if the average fight fan had Rumble's abilities, they would be champion of the world several times over. I think his mental game is his achilles heel and him leaving the sport at 33 years old, in the prime of his career, with no publicly known major injuries is a travesty. And his 5x rolling over to his stomach and getting RNCed without seriously defending speaks to the opposite of his words.

Source:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/9...ins-stunning-ufc-retirement-its-just-business

I personally thought Rumble folded under pressure. But, maybe it's not fair to say that, when guys like Sonnen gets a pass big time for some reason, a cheating quitter who taps to strikes.

If you ask me, that's probably not true, but he's not Chael Sonnen, you see.

I like him as a fighter but man, he's definitely not leaving the impression he wants. If he wrote a book it could easily be titled, _Knockout or bust and quit_: The Rumble Johnson story.

He never gave up, in the context that he got cut from UFC, hit rock bottom and climbed his way back up to UFC, and then reached the #1 contender spot.

Got eye poked many times in fights but fought through it - got the KO in multiple occasions.

Then again, I don't expect basement dwellers in Sherdog to be capable of appreciating another gentlemans hard work. How would they know what hard work is?

Just watch the fights hands covered in cheetos and judge the fighters based on the result.

thats now how i remember him.

i'll remember him as the enormous WW who moved up to HW and become a knockout monster.

I like him as a fighter but man, he's definitely not leaving the impression he wants. If he wrote a book it could easily be titled, _Knockout or bust and quit_: The Rumble Johnson story.
either way, we get a finish!

JBG bless.

dude always came back strong from a loss.

Nah. I'll remember him as the fighter who always mentally gives up if he can't KO/TKO his opponents within a certain amount of time.

I personally thought Rumble folded under pressure. But, maybe it's not fair to say that, when guys like Sonnen gets a pass big time for some reason, a cheating quitter who taps to strikes.

If you ask me, that's probably not true, but he's not Chael Sonnen, you see.

Who exactly is it that gives Chael a pass? I am obviously a big fan and I say all the time that he gives it up under the pressure from a bigger stronger fighter. I think he has even admitted to it after Silva 2, JBJ and maybe even Rashad.

Who exactly is it that gives Chael a pass? I am obviously a big fan and I say all the time that he gives it up under the pressure from a bigger stronger fighter. I think he has even admitted to it after Silva 2, JBJ and maybe even Rashad.

Roiding, tapping to strikes, real life felon and snitching, piece of shit cheater?

The context matters. He's referring to all the ups and downs in his career and making his way back to the top again.

Ok. Even all that, Chael himself doesn't deny any of it. So he has taken PEDs, he has quit under pressure, he committed a felony and got a better deal to testify against the bigger fish. Now, you said people give him a pass on it, who are these people? You surely are not on the list, but who is?

Ok. Even all that, Chael himself doesn't deny any of it. So he has taken PEDs, he has quit under pressure, he committed a felony and got a better deal to testify against the bigger fish. Now, you said people give him a pass on it, who are these people? You surely are not on the list, but who is?
I think it's disgusting that he must be getting biggest prop for not denying his own wrong conduct in the history of humanity, oh wow he doesn't deny any of it, I don't think Hitler did either, oh wait maybe he didn't, well that changes things.

Can you imagine if a professional athlete so outrageously fails a drug test, and then says shit like if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? Can you imagine the public backlash?

But, it's Sonnen, so it must be okay. He doesn't deny it, hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? who cares about all the honest, hardworking man who played the right way who couldn't be 1/1000 th as successful as the scumbag?

Fucking disgusting is the word.

I think it's disgusting that he must be getting biggest prop for not denying his own wrong conduct in the history of humanity, oh wow he doesn't deny any of it, I don't think Hitler did either, oh wait maybe he didn't, well that changes things.

Can you imagine if a professional athlete so outrageously fails a drug test, and then says shit like if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? Can you imagine the public backlash?

But, it's Sonnen, so it must be okay. He doesn't deny it, hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying? who cares about all the honest, hardworking man who played the right way who couldn't be 1/1000 th as successful as the scumbag?

Fucking disgusting is the word.

I think you need to relax....
Comparing Sonnen to Hitler.....

Back