“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

Can’t wait to see him get smashed and sent to Bellator. Not gonna miss his profanity-laced interviews!

MY KIDS ARE WATCHING!!!!!!

EZ$4DC
Nobody cares about your children other than you,you know that right?

It's a sad state of HW MMA affairs if Derrick Lewis is considered a top 5 HW and is fighting for the belt :( - And people made fun of big Timmy. At least he had skill and a little cardio.

BB is multi millionaire. I don't know how much money you need but he's set with sound investments. House paid for and can draw 200-300K a year just off interest which puts him comfortably upper middle class. He certainly could make more but it's not like he's starving. Point is he likes fighting more than he leads on. This self deprecation schtick is a gimmck.
Is he really that wealthy? Not sure when he really started making decent money in his fights.

And don't you need to invest a shitload of money to get 300k in interest?

its like BB loves mocking the sport and discipline it takes to compete at the top level. Hey more power to him if he can hang in there but its pretty evident that he is kinda basic and limited technique wise. Whether its due to his injuries, not so sure. He used to be fit and lost the desire to stay in top shape somewhere down the line.

Classic case of becoming lazy after getting paid perhaps?

I made a thread about it after his last fight but it's amazing what he's accomplished relative to his skills and technique. He really does check basically every box when it comes to intangibles (power, chin, heart, etc.) but really doesn't bring a hell of a lot to the table outside of that. If he were a WW with the same toolbox, he would be a Bellator mid-carder with a .500 record.

It's a sad state of HW MMA affairs if Derrick Lewis is considered a top 5 HW and is fighting for the belt :( - And people made fun of big Timmy. At least he had skill and a little cardio.

Tim made the most of what he had. He had a massive reach and was a very respectable boxer. His sprawl was good enough for the time and there really weren't many if any high level wrestlers in the division. He had a great chin and a lot of heart. Comparing his skillset in his prime to Lewis's, Tim would have a big edge. Not saying he'd win, but he is the more talented fighter. The better guy doesn't always win though.

Is he really that wealthy? Not sure when he really started making decent money in his fights.

And don't you need to invest a shitload of money to get 300k in interest?
My guy at Morgan Stanly makes me 11-12% a year. So all you need is 2-3m for 200-300K. And yes he's made well over 2m.

Derrick is the UFCs favorite prevaricator.

Tank Abbot is sitting at a bar somewhere. Drinking his vodka with a splash of cran...waiting to make his long awaited return. What better opponent than the overweight, diabetic, UFC heavyweight champion (With a bad back) Derrick Lewis??
Book it, Uncle Dana!!

Tim made the most of what he had. He had a massive reach and was a very respectable boxer. His sprawl was good enough for the time and there really weren't many if any high level wrestlers in the division. He had a great chin and a lot of heart. Comparing his skillset in his prime to Lewis's, Tim would have a big edge. Not saying he'd win, but he is the more talented fighter. The better guy doesn't always win though.

Ya. I think Tim could have kept Lewis away and wore him out. Of course Lewis could always land a bomb but Tim was pretty smart and like you said made the best of what he had. It's weird that I don't think the HW or LHW divisions have really gotten better in the past 10 years. I think the other divisions have gotten a lot better overall though.

I know he needs the money, as he has a family to feed, but he really should consider hanging em up soon.

Guy is going to wind up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if he keeps taking chances with his back.

You literally know nothing about the nature of his back injury, drama queen.

Neither do you, Fuck-Tard.

Which is why I'm not presuming he should immediately retire.

Are you one of those people that presume it's a terminal illness every time you get slightly unwell?

I'm actually all for you exiting the gene pool, go with your instinct next time you have the sniffles, end it. This is no way to live.

Back