“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

You don't have to be an athlete to be a great fighter. It just helps a lot.

Derrick Lewis will never be an athlete like Lebron James but he would put Lebron's lights out inside one round.

Anddddddd the commission will now pull the fight just like with Cain...

Lol Derrick Lewis is a bad athlete now ? Fuckkn stop
I've never seen a guy as fat as him throw as fast a switch kick as he did last fight.

Shame about his back, though. Hopefully he'll be financially set from this run he's on and not have to retire crippled AND broke.

I know he needs the money, as he has a family to feed, but he really should consider hanging em up soon.

Guy is going to wind up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if he keeps taking chances with his back.
BB is multi millionaire. I don't know how much money you need but he's set with sound investments. House paid for and can draw 200-300K a year just off interest which puts him comfortably upper middle class. He certainly could make more but it's not like he's starving. Point is he likes fighting more than he leads on. This self deprecation schtick is a gimmck.

not just that but he himself admited he only trains for like half hour a day 3 days a week, the HW division is a joke

People should stop with the "BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET!" bs when they talk about HW. Most HW are just some fat, D- level atheltes. Derrick trains for 30 min (probably includes warmup). Only few HW are actually good fighters. Hell, the "MOST DOMINANT HW CHAMP IN UFC HISTORY" gets KTFO in round 1 by a 5'9" 40yr old A level athlete.

its like BB loves mocking the sport and discipline it takes to compete at the top level. Hey more power to him if he can hang in there but its pretty evident that he is kinda basic and limited technique wise. Whether its due to his injuries, not so sure. He used to be fit and lost the desire to stay in top shape somewhere down the line.

Classic case of becoming lazy after getting paid perhaps?

I think he’s just simple honest.

I find him refreshing.

I know he needs the money, as he has a family to feed, but he really should consider hanging em up soon.

Guy is going to wind up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if he keeps taking chances with his back.
But according to him and his doctors there is nothing majorly wrong with his back, as in nothing structurally wrong or diseased; no slipped discs, no fractures, no herniations, etc.
The Beast definitely has back issues and chronic back pain, but his back is not really bad in a medical sense.

Didn’t think he was a paleo or keto guy anyway.

Some ol/dL nfl dudes probably can say the same thing as well as many hw’s in boxing.

Schtick quote, which is probably more than a partial truth.. by a guy who says some pretty funny things at times.

Doing his end promoting.

Newsflash: Being a natural heavyweight (fat or really tall) is bad for your health

I hope you guys know he is being self deprecating..... That is his schtick.... I guess you guys believe he only trains 30 minutes a day
Sort of like how George Foreman used to say he trained on cheeseburgers and fried chicken and red beans and didn’t do much road work or anything too strenuous, when in fact he used to train his ass off and would rarely eat anything bad. He’d do his whole hamburger Schtick for the cameras as part of his act.

Derrick trained a bit at George’s gym in Houston, so maybe he’s borrowing some of George’s act.

PPV are rated TV-MA or something like that. Sounds like a parenting problem.

And DON'T respond with some bullshit. Look at the rating of the programming, look up the meaning of the rating, and remember the age of your children. Check their birth certificates if you have to. ;-/

If it doesn't match up, that's your fault, not the entertainer's (Mr. Black Beast hot balls) fault.
<PlusJuan>

I think it makes him more relatable to viewers.
There are a lot of guys who deal with everything he said and they couldn't make it in the UFC like he has.
This. Derrick Lewis has a chance to be The UFC version of Dusty Rhodes, "The American Dream".

DC is my favorite so I cant root against him, but if Lewis wins I can get behind the feel-great story it would be.

I think the story going in is amazing tbh. 2 black men who grew up without there biological fathers, faced adversity(some things self inflicted, some not), preserved to become family men, & now meet each other at MSG for the Heavyweight belt. They are living the American dream 100%.

Crazy the potential champion of the world doesnt even practice the ground game, is not belted in some sort of submission system, and doesnt even practice wrestling.

DC losing this would be right up there with the worst upset of all times imo

HW has almost always been full of unathletic undisciplined fighters, MOST could have made 205 with discipline but knew the comp was harder, no real news here.

Very few have been too big for 205 historically..

Back