“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

its like BB loves mocking the sport and discipline it takes to compete at the top level. Hey more power to him if he can hang in there but its pretty evident that he is kinda basic and limited technique wise. Whether its due to his injuries, not so sure. He used to be fit and lost the desire to stay in top shape somewhere down the line.

Classic case of becoming lazy after getting paid perhaps?
What are you even talking about? Please just delete your page

Anderson Silva went into every fight with dick pills and an unstoppable erection, to each his own.

Buster Douglas became so fat he went into a diabetic coma.

There's no excuse in today's age to not have a handle on diet --- especially as a professional athlete. Ability will only take you so far.

Either you're a pro or an amateur masquerading as a pro.

“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

Derrick Lewis today.

Is this a good look for the UFC and MMA as a whole? One of the top contenders of the top organization in the top “baddest man in the world” class is an overweight, unhealthy and quite unathletic / unfit - by his own admission elsewhere in the same interview - fighter, literally relying on heart and a random big punch.

Scariest thing ... it works and he’s fighting for the title!

Lewis is literally an F level athlete, so its not surprising. I'm not sure it's such a damaging revelation.

Heres to hoping he knocks the cherry picking low hanging fruit DC TF out. Then retires and buries the HW strap. The lineal champ will forever be a broken back coach potato fat son of a bitch.

HW in the ufc is Cormier and Miocic. That's it. And Cormier is going to retire in less than 5 months. I guess after that, Miocic can go back to beating up old guys.

Can’t wait to see him get smashed and sent to Bellator. Not gonna miss his profanity-laced interviews!

MY KIDS ARE WATCHING!!!!!!

EZ$4DC

you let your kids watch grown men beat the blood out of eachother but fear cursing.

This is REAL bad

I was at work the other day and my balls were hot...

<{shaqs}>

fuck. I recently had it in feb, and for soe reason I feel it won't be my only one.

Fair enough i guess.

You never know. Hopefully it works out well. I just know back and neck surgeries have to lowest success rate, for obvious reasons. Most anything you do requires putting stress on your back in some way.

He mentioned in that interview that he only trains 30 minutes in the gym a day. That's crazy, to me.

I think it makes him more relatable to viewers.
There are a lot of guys who deal with everything he said and they couldn't make it in the UFC like he has.
So he’s the new tank abbot you say

you let your kids watch grown men beat the blood out of eachother but fear cursing.

This is REAL bad
Nah, fighting is the manifestation of the innate human warrior spirit, whereas cursing suggests a lack of self-control.

PPV are rated TV-MA or something like that. Sounds like a parenting problem.

And DON'T respond with some bullshit. Look at the rating of the programming, look up the meaning of the rating, and remember the age of your children. Check their birth certificates if you have to. ;-/

If it doesn't match up, that's your fault, not the entertainer's (Mr. Black Beast hot balls) fault.
Bro, I ain’t trying to pay $64.99 to hear about a giant black man’s hairy, sweaty scrotum!

He CAN fix his diet and eat clean and quit junk food plus he could do no-impact cardio like elliptical trainer or swimming or cycling . I'm sure there's cardio out there that won't impact his back situation at all.
He is obviously now so heavy he has to cut weight to make the 266lbs limit (hey Derrick... Don't forget it's 265lbs max for the next fight!!).

So he can fix a lot of these issues and really if you getting paid 200k or 300k or 400k for ONE fight he should put in the gym hours. Maybe even practice 2 or 3 submissions. Never know when those can save a fight.

Last edited:
I use to only like HW,LHW,MW etc being a just bleed guy but those guys are really unhealthy and unimpressive compared to the elite fighters in the lower weight classes(like Khabib, Conor, Woodley, Whittaker, Mighty Mouse etc)

He CAN fix his diet and eat clean and quit junk food plus he could do no-impact cardio like elliptical trainer or swimming or cycling . I'm sure there's cardio out there that won't impact his back situation at all.
He is obviously now so heavy he has to cut weight to make the 266lbs limit (hey Derrick... Don't forget it's 265lbs max for the next fight!!).

So he can fix a lot of these issues and really if you getting paid 200k or 300k or 400k for ONE fight he should put in the gym hours. Maybe even practice 2 or 3 submissions. Never know when those can save a fight.

I don't think he'll do all of those things, I think he'll rather eat popeyes chicken and tinky whinks(whetever they are called).

Back