“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

piropiro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and a damn-near diabetic.“

Derrick Lewis today.

Is this a good look for the UFC and MMA as a whole? One of the top contenders of the top organization in the top “baddest man in the world” class is an overweight, unhealthy and quite unathletic / unfit - by his own admission elsewhere in the same interview - fighter, literally relying on heart and a random big punch.

Scariest thing ... it works and he’s fighting for the title!

tito was born with a cracked skull and look at what he accomplished

And hes fighting for a title, because the HW division is weak/ he got lucky on volkov

Get your shiet together Derrick.

HW division sucks since Cain lost to Werdum

I think it makes him more relatable to viewers.
There are a lot of guys who deal with everything he said and they couldn't make it in the UFC like he has.

I know he needs the money, as he has a family to feed, but he really should consider hanging em up soon.

Guy is going to wind up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life if he keeps taking chances with his back.

its like BB loves mocking the sport and discipline it takes to compete at the top level. Hey more power to him if he can hang in there but its pretty evident that he is kinda basic and limited technique wise. Whether its due to his injuries, not so sure. He used to be fit and lost the desire to stay in top shape somewhere down the line.

Classic case of becoming lazy after getting paid perhaps?

Exactly like Hunt, it might be enough to get to the top but not to stay at the top.
He will get finished brutally like he did against Mitrione , perhaps not in the sAme manner, but he’ll get beaten bad

It was bad when roy nelson had exposure.

BB = Roy Nelson with no ground game.

So yea its a bad look

its like BB loves mocking the sport and discipline it takes to compete at the top level. Hey more power to him if he can hang in there but its pretty evident that he is kinda basic and limited technique wise. Whether its due to his injuries, not so sure. He used to be fit and lost the desire to stay in top shape somewhere down the line.

Classic case of staying lazy after getting paid perhaps?
Fixed.

Hes always been lazy af

Can’t wait to see him get smashed and sent to Bellator. Not gonna miss his profanity-laced interviews!

MY KIDS ARE WATCHING!!!!!!

EZ$4DC

Classic case of becoming lazy after getting paid perhaps?
He's always been the same guy.

He once said that the only reason he got into MMA was because he didn't believe he could make it in boxing. He's not in it to become the greatest, he's in it to make do with what he has.

Sounds like he's already tapped out, not a fan...

I hope you guys know he is being self deprecating..... That is his schtick.... I guess you guys believe he only trains 30 minutes a day

Back