“Consensus greatest FW of all time”

Easy The Great

@Silver
Reaction score
GTFO Jon Anik you can. Also is top 5 but “consensus greatest”? No fucking way. Holloway Bless

What exactly are you upset about?

Conor fan (sort of here)

Aldo is FW goat and it's not debatable at this point. Holloway may prove in time he is FW GOAT. Not yet though

As of now, Max is the greatest FW of all time. You can't say Aldo anymore after he got his ass whipped twice. And Max's record is better.

As of now, Max is the greatest FW of all time. You can't say Aldo anymore after he got his ass whipped twice. And Max's record is better.

Let Holloway defend his title at least 6 times in a row and we'll have a discussion.

That's not how being the GOAT work. It's about the strength of their entire career, not just who they've beaten recently.

I don' get the complaint. Aldo went abt 10 yrs without losing at FW. Even with Holloway beating him twice, he still has to actually walk the walk for the next 7 yrs. Do I think he might surpass the greatness of Jose? I think there's a 70% chance he will

I don' get the complaint. Aldo went abt 10 yrs without losing at FW. Even with Holloway beating him twice, he still has to actually walk the walk for the next 7 yrs. Do I think he might surpass the greatness of Jose? I think there's a 70% chance he will

This. Dumbass ts. Close thread/

So by your logic, is Weidman ahead of Anderson at MW?

How many greats did Aldo beat? Edgar and Faber, sure. Mendes was a good win. But the two best fighters he faced were Conor and Max, and both beat him very badly in his PRIME. late 20s-early 30s where people were saying he looked the best he ever did. With the title defense streak Aldo stacks high on paper but it will be tough to call him FW GOAT after his last few fights, and you got Max with two brutal wins over him on a very long streak who might get the most wins in UFC history before he retires.

So by your logic, is Weidman ahead of Anderson at MW?

Well the difference is Aldo was 30-31 years old and his fans proclaimed that he was at his best ever after he beat Frankie again, writing the 13 second KO off as a fluke. Unfortunately it happened to him in his prime, his throne was stolen from him by a better fighter.

Well the difference is Aldo was 30-31 years old and his fans proclaimed that he was at his best ever after he beat Frankie again, writing the 13 second KO off as a fluke. Unfortunately it happened to him in his prime, his throne was stolen from him by a better fighter.
Maybe, but Max doesn’t just inherit all of Aldo’s accomplishments just by beating him heads up. But he’s not far off either, another couple of wins and he’s there.

Let Holloway defend his title at least 6 times in a row and we'll have a discussion.

Why does he have to match the exact title defences to be considered as great? I think it's more interesting to see who they beat. Look at JDS and Tony Ferguson for example. They had to beat almost anybody to get their title shots, and Max also beat most of the good fighters in the division. Already there, is a testement to their greatness, even though they don't have the defences to match many others.

Why does he have to match the exact title defences to be considered as great? I think it's more interesting to see who they beat. Look at JDS and Tony Ferguson for example. They had to beat almost anybody to get their title shots, and Max also beat most of the good fighters in the division. Already there, is a testement to their greatness, even though they don't have the defences to match many others.

I wasn't 100% serious with that, he doesn't need to match the exact number of title defenses, but we've yet to see him against an elite wrestler that can control him on the ground like Mendes or Edgar.

Holloway has fought really good strikers (better than Aldo), so if he can show that he has elite TDD and scrambling off his back he can surpass Aldo's career.

Wellhe hasn't beaten Edgar, McGregor or Mendes so not sure who this "most" is?

How many greats did Aldo beat? Edgar and Faber, sure. Mendes was a good win. But the two best fighters he faced were Conor and Max, and both beat him very badly in his PRIME. late 20s-early 30s where people were saying he looked the best he ever did. With the title defense streak Aldo stacks high on paper but it will be tough to call him FW GOAT after his last few fights, and you got Max with two brutal wins over him on a very long streak who might get the most wins in UFC history before he retires.
Edgar, Faber, Mendes x2, Lamas, KZ, Swanson, Mike Brown (at the time) are all fantastic wins to be on 1 person's record. Timing and context means something as well. Beating Mike Brown now doesn' mean anything, but 6 years ago it did

It's not that simple. Beating a single person twice doesn't make you GOAT. lol

Wellhe hasn't beaten Edgar, McGregor or Mendes so not sure who this "most" is?

McGregor left the division, and Mendes got caught. He doesn't need to beat them.
Edgar will probably have his time next. When that's done. Who is left?

Back