“ANY version of Overroid gets KTFO by JDS”

Overeem is the greatest Glass Cannon the sport has ever seen.

Personally I would love to see him become the UFC Champion.

I'm not lashing out, I just don't get how someone that's been watching MMA for at least 12 years can be so clueless on a fighter that has been around as long as Overeem has.

The only explanation I can think of is that you aren't using logic or reason but emotion and dislike to form your opinions. Your comments about who has Overeem beat made that obvious...acting like top 5 JDS is some nobody.

The Rothwell fight was his first fight with Jackson's, he was still too offensively minded and reckless, he's been much less reckless in how he's fought since then it's very obvious.

Yeah, ok I'm clueless.

It's ok for you to have an argument for the Rothwell loss, but illogical for me to have a reason for the Dos Santos win.

I think he's the same fighter he always was. He may be utilizing a smarter strategy, but he's still vulnerable.

Yeah, ok I'm clueless.

It's ok for you to have an argument for the Rothwell loss, but illogical for me to have a reason for the Dos Santos win.

I think he's the same fighter he always was. He may be utilizing a smarter strategy, but he's still vulnerable.

Both are ok but acting like JDS is a can(who has Overeem beat?) and that Overeem should somehow be able to control how good the HW division is, is crazy, he has no control over how good other HWs are.

I'm not arguing that he's not vulnerable i'm just telling you that he's very well rounded and dangerous as you seem to not get that part.

You're posting like you haven't seen him fight since the Rothwell loss.

Overeem is the greatest Glass Cannon the sport has ever seen.

Personally I would love to see him become the UFC Champion.

I'm glad you used that phrase, it seems a lot of people don't understand that is what Overeem is and everytime he loses a fight people act like he's no good. He's got the skills to beat any fighter in the world but his chin and cardio are a bit weak so he can lose to guys he probably should not.

And that was true until we saw this 'new' version of Junior. Sorry bra.

People were saying it after the Cain fights but honestly I think if we saw a "new" anyone in this fight it wasn't JDS it was Overeem.

Jnr to me still doesn't look like he's showing a lot of physical decline to me, maybe that's in his future the way say Fedor's beatins on Nog probably had a delayed effect but right now to me he still looks much the same Jnr. He was more cautious than we've seen him in the past but really he had ever reason to be, the new Jackson trained Overeem is very light on his feet and wasn't letting him exchange straight up the way he likes to.

The big issue for JDS post Cain defeat for me is that he's now also fighting the best strikers he's faced, Hunt, Stipe and Overeem have exposed technical weaknesses that the likes of Carwin, Mir, Nelson, etc didn't.

I actually think Ubereem would have lost. He was a lot more reckless back then. Econoreem has accepted his chin and cardio pitfalls, and seems to be fighting game plan wars.
His "game plan wars" are paying off big-time, then. He's an elite fighter getting older and he should be game planning, anyone can get KO'd at HW, as seen by recent fights.

People were saying it after the Cain fights but honestly I think if we saw a "new" anyone in this fight it wasn't JDS it was Overeem.

Jnr to me still doesn't look like he's showing a lot of physical decline to me, maybe that's in his future the way say Fedor's beatins on Nog probably had a delayed effect but right now to me he still looks much the same Jnr. He was more cautious than we've seen him in the past but really he had ever reason to be, the new Jackson trained Overeem is very light on his feet and wasn't letting him exchange straight up the way he likes to.

The big issue for JDS post Cain defeat for me is that he's now also fighting the best strikers he's faced, Hunt, Stipe and Overeem have exposed technical weaknesses that the likes of Carwin, Mir, Nelson, etc didn't.
Maybe not in his physique, but in his style of fighting and strategy. Sure, overeem's immense power is a large factor in the way junior fought. But junior is used to going against big guys with huge power and he usually doesn't even budge an inch. He was extremely non committal and avoided exchanges. Maybe he's gun shy now after the 15 rounds of war he'd been through (counting the Stipe fight, he was brutalized in that fight despite winning) or maybe it was just because Alistair is dangerous.

I am extremely interested in seeing how he fights Big Ben.

Maybe not in his physique, but in his style of fighting and strategy. Sure, overeem's immense power is a large factor in the way junior fought. But junior is used to going against big guys with huge power and he usually doesn't even budge an inch. He was extremely non committal and avoided exchanges. Maybe he's gun shy now after the 15 rounds of war he'd been through (counting the Stipe fight, he was brutalized in that fight despite winning) or maybe it was just because Alistair is dangerous.

I am extremely interested in seeing how he fights Big Ben.

Its not just a question of being big though, Overeem was bringing a much more technically advanced game to the table than say Carwin or Mir. He was constantly moving, changing stance, landing powerful kicks and threatening with the counter which he finally landed for the finish when JDS started to get more aggressive.

As I said I actually think Overeem has changed a lot more recently than Jnr has. Post K-1 I think Alistair had problems adapting the same style to MMA with smaller gloves but since training at Jacksons I think he's moved towards a more MMA friendly style, dropped some of the excess muscle, become a lot more mobile controlling range for defence.

Rothwell will probably be a fight where we see more of the old JDS I'd imagine since he'll be easier to pin down although he'll still be fighting a similar kind of opponent to himself with excellent chin and a lot of power.

3o8dp24FVXhb3qeb3a.gif

xTk9ZJ7HKC2SYuAZ1e.gif

Alistair Overeem: a true veteran who started fighting as a teenager on the old European scene before getting the call from PRIDE.

Moved up to the heavyweight division and tested himself against top kickboxers in K-1 GPs.

Still getting it done against top flight competition in the UFC at 35 years-old.

Suck it, haters.
The funniest part of that KO is that it looks exactly like JDS's KO of Gilbert Yvel UFC 108.

JDS got Yvel'ed.

Back