“ANY version of Overroid gets KTFO by JDS”

More like pre-USADA JDS.

11r3tjn.png

JDS needs his hair back, damn you cruel nature!

Remember when Junior was going around saying Overeem was scared of him?

Loved seeing The Reem destroy JDS.

Why do you think Overeem is on a large decline he's looked great since he's gotten his cardio sorted out and started using more than just striking.

Great against who though?

I have no doubt he can dispatch inferior opposition, but this bandwagon didn't start rerolling until he KO'ed a seemingly very shopworn Dos Santos.

Fan of JDS and don't care for Overeem. The people that not only didn't see that Overeem had a real shot at winning but had to let everyone know just what a lock JDS was while ripping down Overeem's skills...idiots.
Just loud mouthed jackasses. I tried to warn them but noooooo.

More like pre-USADA JDS.

11r3tjn.png

I immediately thought of Rothwell's comments when advanced testing went in to affect. He said a lot of guys were going to look very different after. Not just their physique but how they fought in the cage. Of course being this is Sherdog, everyone immediately shot the messenger and jumped on Rothwell's own suspension for TRT. Even though he never hid it.

Great against who though?

I have no doubt he can dispatch inferior opposition, but this bandwagon didn't start rerolling until he KO'ed a seemingly very shopworn Dos Santos.

Top 10 and top 5 fighters, what do you want from him? He can't make the division he fights in better he can only improve his own skills.

I'm not a bandwagon fan either, always enjoyed Overeem's fights.

I don't think you understand who Overeem is as a fighter which is weird cause the guy has been around forever, he's super well rounded and can beat anyone in his division but he has big weaknesses that he needs to mitigate like his cardio and his chin, he's done this by changing his style to more of a counter based style and is using more of his tools instead of just using striking.

I think current Overeem is better than when he was on roids as he wasn't fighting as smart and was putting himself at more risk of being finished, Overeem destroys people or gets destroyed, it's always been this way but the haters always forget that he's dangerous but won't forget his weaknesses.

Bitching about Overeem on something he has no control over is idiotic.

Last edited:
You do realize fighters cut weight?

He was 271 lbs a few days prior in the vlog for UFC 141.

Do you have a link to that video? Because i find that hard to believe. He was not even that heavy during his run in k1. Where they had no testing or weight limits..

Overeem has taken more punishment than anybody in the UFC. He has seen more wars and KO'd more times than anybody.

You as a Overeem hater should know this and have probably posted those same gifs of Overeem getting knocked out and laughed about it

Saying any different is just making excuses for JDS and trying to downgrade Overeem as usual.

I disagree, Overeem doesn't have the chin to go through wars. I think long beatings are much worse for the brain than getting frozen by a big punch and finished off with a flurry for a TKO.

Overeem's chin doesn't seem to have declined from what it was but fighters that had great chins and took multiple long beatings don't have the same chins anymore, JDS, Big Nog, and Liddell for example.

Top 10 and top 5 fighters, what do you want from him? He can't make the division he fights in better he can only improve his own skills.

Bitching about Overeem on something he has no control over is idiotic, it makes you look like an unreasonable hater.

Interesting observation coming from someone who lashes out at an opinion that conflicts with theirs.

He used the same "econostyle" against Rothwell and got blasted out of there. Yeah, he's a good contender, but people love jumping onto the same Ubereem myth he was when he entered the UFC. That's what I'm critical of. He's strung together a few good wins, which is all good and well but not exactly earth shattering.

LOL. Yeah, we're eating crow. But to be fair, that was said before JDS became a shadow of his former self. So any version of JDS at that time KO's Reem. But Econo Reem vs brain damaged sloth JDS.....well, we saw the result.

So the tune has changed to "ANY version of Overeem gets destroyed by a very specific version of JDS".

I'm one of the, probably pretty rare, fans of both men btw :D

To be fair he thought JDS post Cain treatment... he should never have been allowed to fight again after that beating.

But yeah... big fan of the Reem here, I wanted him to win badly especially after all the shit talk.

Last edited:
Interesting observation coming from someone who lashes out at an opinion that conflicts with theirs.

He used the same "econostyle" against Rothwell and got blasted out of there. Yeah, he's a good contender, but people love jumping onto the same Ubereem myth he was when he entered the UFC. That's what I'm critical of. He's strung together a few good wins, which is all good and well but not exactly earth shattering.

I'm not lashing out, I just don't get how someone that's been watching MMA for at least 12 years can be so clueless on a fighter that has been around as long as Overeem has.

The only explanation I can think of is that you aren't using logic or reason but emotion and dislike to form your opinions. Your comments about who has Overeem beat made that obvious...acting like top 5 JDS is some nobody.

The Rothwell fight was his first fight with Jackson's, he was still too offensively minded and reckless, he's been much less reckless in how he's fought since then it's very obvious.

Back