“A-Level athlete” talk needs to STOP

So Charles Barkley or KG would do okay, but Lebron wouldn't is what youre saying in general

Yes. There is no way to tell for sure without them fighting but I would favor both those guys over lebron.

The a level athlete claim isn't completely wrong, its just that guys like lebron and Odell are not the best choices for that argument.

Lebron doesn't have the mental fortitude that fighting requires. All sports require it to some degree but mma is on another level in terms of mental toughness.

Sounds like you have a complex... Anyone who is in the NFL not being a kicker or place holder has balls. and even they have some solid balls since their whole job is on the line every time they kick a damn ball
A complex? I think you swing from athlete balls. ODB is a soft diva who dances in his free time. Hard as nails that one. You can barely even hit receivers anymore too, soft.

This hypothesizing is worse than p4p talk. The top competitor in any event has strengths that might be useful in MMA. The top ping pong players in the world have mental focus and hand-eye coordination. But having a certain skill set (fill in your favourite sport) does not mean it would translate to MMA. If James was born in Uruguay, would he have played soccer at a high level...I doubt it because last I saw, there were very few athletes at the World Cup over 6'6". Bull riders are strong and fearless and Drew Dreschel is athletic as anybody in the world, it doesn't mean they would be great in MMA.

I know it's fucking ridiculous. Also the "if the guy has low bodyfat and definition he must be using something" cop out. Bunch of fat basement cheeto retards on this board.

Lebron is an insane athelete.

I don't buy into the A-B-C level, especially in fighting when there are so many variables.. but still, it's cool to imagine some of the best athletes in the world trying their hand at MMA.

Calling Canadians "Eh" level athletes is acceptable though

Ehhhhh

bKjugO.gif

Idk about A level, but I bet Shaq in his prime even without MMA training would be a tough task for anyone in HW right now. He would absoluyely crush everyone in lower weiht divisions.

Perhaps... but I don’t remember Neil Magny ever breaking his arm on a jab
Durant is even thinner bro, he has like no muscles lol. And Ive learned from watching MMA that being tall doesn't equal having a good jab, it's frustrating as hell too. Im always yellin at the weight cutting tall dudes to throw a jab,lol.

A complex? I think you swing from athlete balls. ODB is a soft diva who dances in his free time. Hard as nails that one. You can barely even hit receivers anymore too, soft.
plays in the NFL = 99% likely to be 'tough'

He dances in his free time is a reason you think he isn't tough

how do you fell about Loma doing like 5 years of only dance?

Idk about A level, but I bet Shaq in his prime even without MMA training would be a tough task for anyone in HW right now. He would absoluyely crush everyone in lower weiht divisions.
Yeah i remember when he boxed Mosley, hes big thats it.

Yes. There is no way to tell for sure without them fighting but I would favor both those guys over lebron.

The a level athlete claim isn't completely wrong, its just that guys like lebron and Odell are not the best choices for that argument.

Lebron doesn't have the mental fortitude that fighting requires. All sports require it to some degree but mma is on another level in terms of mental toughness.
Odell sure as hell isn't. I was just laughing at how he got lumped into Lebron sized dudes, like wut

I would agree KG and Charles have shown the side of "I know what its like to be in a fight and throw a punch" once or twice.. where Lebron hasn't. I'd still give him a chance at being great based on his physique alone though. we can both agree he is a straight up freak of nature, I know that doesn't just compute to being a fighter but it sure fuckin helps

He seems like a freak because he's playing Basketball! Basketball definitely isn't a "tough guy" sport

True, but of all popular sports, its the one where physiologically it provides the most benefit to MMA if crossed over.
High levels of Conditioning and Explosion.
Tall and long reach for their height, while weighing less.

Now were comparing Lomachennko with ODB? 5 years of dance is kinda fruity yes, and dudes a foreign manlet, not some hair dye sportin Michael Jackson wannabe. 99 percent sounds realistic too lol. You realize those guys wear pads and shit right?

I am being forced to post this shit again.

Back