“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency.

I am awarw that Bill Clinton did make comments about Obama. It was a fairy tale and he was ahead in the polls in 2008. But this statement about him carrying bags a few years earlier. I don't think there is any way to interpret that other than Obama was black and black people did a lot of the jobs that Hispanics dido in 2008.

Bell hops, elevator operator, Men's Room attendant, the list goes on. I don't think there is any other way to interpret it other than Bill Clinton was referring to Obama is being black and a few years earlier, that's what he would be doing in America. Carrying Clinton's luggage.

-T

1261144065087.gif

lmfao I legit lold at this and even snorted a bit

Sounds like a clean variation of carrying someone's jockstrap. But back in my day you usually had to say something actually racist before being called one.

Trump still has the edge on off the chain comments. Hillary has a ways to go to catch up in that department.

Those posting that Bill's remark wasn't racist, but was a comment on Obama's age and inexperience are probably right. But justified criticisms of minorities that carry no racist undertone are blown out of proportion all the time. It seems suspicious that Clinton gets a pass.

I am awarw that Bill Clinton did make comments about Obama. It was a fairy tale and he was ahead in the polls in 2008. But this statement about him carrying bags a few years earlier. I don't think there is any way to interpret that other than Obama was black and black people did a lot of the jobs that Hispanics dido in 2008.

Bell hops, elevator operator, Men's Room attendant, the list goes on. I don't think there is any other way to interpret it other than Bill Clinton was referring to Obama is being black and a few years earlier, that's what he would be doing in America. Carrying Clinton's luggage.

-T
Sure if you have no actual knowledge of the term "carrying our bags". Its always been used when referring to junior members in EVERYTHING. I have heard the term a hundred times and never once has it had racial undertones. This is just idiotic hypersensitivity.

No, Obama was quite effective in what he did -- acted upon the 3rd world sense of anti-American grievance that he inherited from his father.

So, you're really no better than the Clinton's then with that statement.

I'm all for Clinton bashing and turning the race card around on them but I am sure he meant he was young in the politic game like on a intern level.

But I do think if it was the same situation but a GOP the race card would be played and all hellfire in brimstone

This.

Had the GOP said it, it would have immediately been interpreted as racism. And those on the left would never be convinced of any other possible interpretation (like the ones they're giving now).

Given that, it's certainly possible that Clinton was talking about race. That doesn't make it racist, though. Racially insensitive, maybe. Or maybe just not PC. (Of course, if a GOP had said it, they'd get flamed, as mentioned before.)

This.

Had the GOP said it, it would have immediately been interpreted as racism. And those on the left would never be convinced of any other possible interpretation (like the ones they're giving now).

Given that, it's certainly possible that Clinton was talking about race. That doesn't make it racist, though. Racially insensitive, maybe. Or maybe just not PC. (Of course, if a GOP had said it, they'd get flamed, as mentioned before.)

The double standard is nauseating. Mark Foley was in Congress. Remember he was having sex with some of the male pages that were over the age of 18?

He left Congress in disgrace.

Bill Clinton did not because he was president. And he had sex with the consensual adult and abused his power just like Foley.

Nevermind all of the women Bill Clinton abused when he was governor. If you're a Democrat, if you get a free pass. Like Byrd of the KKK. He still didn't like black people. Or Harry Reid making insensitive racist remarks about Obama and one of the prior elections. But if you are a conservative, they're always always always repercussions. No free pass.

-T

Last edited:
No, Obama was quite effective in what he did -- acted upon the 3rd world sense of anti-American grievance that he inherited from his father.
Want to know how I know you're an idiot?

The double standard is nauseating. Mark Foley was in Congress. Remember he was having sex with some of the male pages that were over the age of 18?

He left Congress in disgrace.

Bill Clinton did not because he was president. And he had sex with the consensual adult and abused his power just like Foley.

Nevermind all of the women Bill Clinton abused when he was governor. If you're a Democrat, if you get a free pass. Like Byrd of the KKK. He still didn't like black people. Or Harry Reid making insensitive racist remarks about Obama and one of the prior elections. But if you are a conservative, they're always always always repercussions. No free pass.

-T

Yeah no free pass, remember that conservative president that lied to the American public and got the country into a trillion dollar war where thousands of americans died and tens of thousands became crippled for absolutely no reason? Im pretty sure he is rotting in jail.

Just like that other conservative president that sold weapons to enemies of America in order to get hostages released and then sold them more weapons in order to gather money to give to death squads in Nicaragua.

Too big to fail also applies to politicians apparently.

Definitely not racist. It has more to do with Obeezy being fast tracked. Obama went from being a nobody to a superstar almost overnight. I remember the 04 elections, all the broadcasters and politicos were creaming their pants over his upcoming key mark address at the DNC. I was thinking, "who the fuck are they talking about? Never heard of this guy before." He was a newly elected senator at the time, and four years later he was president.

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency. He made many statements that amounted to that and stated it outright on more then one occasion.

It doesnt matter what the Clintons really meant with that statement.

Really? Just 9 posts earlier you made a very definitive claim about what it meant.

it shows what the Clintons really think about the so-called minorities Hillary claims to care so much about.

But now you're backing away from that statement and claiming the real point of your thread is that Bernie is a "wuss" because he has too much integrity to take a quote out of context and try and use it to race-bait (like you did)?

Sounds to me like you're just desperately eager to latch on to any excuse to try and smear anyone on the "opposite team", whether there's justification to do so or not.

I think it was more geared to him being a relative rookie in The Senate. "Carry our bags" is a popular axiom among athletic circles; especially used towards young / new members of a team.

I've also heard the expression directed at junior executives by senior ones. "Shine my shoes" and "pick my cotton" are pretty common, too.

Nothing demeaning and/or racist about it. Just a commentary on pecking order.

But I do think if it was the same situation but a GOP the race card would be played and all hellfire in brimstone

If Trump were on tape saying this about Obama in 2008 there would be NO END to the shitstorm.

The very people here reasoning away Clinton's comment, as if they were somehow inside his head at the time he said it, would be crucifying Trump and saying it was proof the guy was a stone-cold racist.

Though Bernie wouldn't bring that up against Trump any more than he would Clinton. Because Bernie is focused on policy and the plight of the American working and middle classes. He doesn't play the Trump and Clinton games of smear politics.

Yeah no free pass, remember that conservative president that lied to the American public and got the country into a trillion dollar war where thousands of americans died and tens of thousands became crippled for absolutely no reason? Im pretty sure he is rotting in jail.

Just like that other conservative president that sold weapons to enemies of America in order to get hostages released and then sold them more weapons in order to gather money to give to death squads in Nicaragua.

Too big to fail also applies to politicians apparently.

Holder on... context is sexual behavior. In that regard, there is a double standard.

No double standards on the Iraq was.. both R and D voted for it.

Iran Contra... clearly Wong by Reagan. No defense of that.

-T

If Trump were on tape saying this about Obama in 2008 there would be NO END to the shitstorm.

Because the other things you do matter.

• Trump has been running the most xenophobic, racist campaign of any primary winner in most of our lifetimes
  • Bill Clinton was so beloved in the black community that 20 years later his wife is still mopping up in that demographic against a guy who marched with King and has been pandering to the BLM movement.

Do you see at all how maybe those things might reasonably influence interpretation of a comment in one direction or another?

Back