“ New California” declares independence

If you're gonna suggest something like this, at least have the common decency to come up with a better name than "New California"

Why not? That just makes everyone happy. The inland "hill-billies" aren't getting in the way of the coastal liberals, and the "beach snobs" aren't getting in the way of the rural cutlure. Win-win.

If you want complete gun confiscation, you can have it! If you want a rich state with UHC, you can have it! If you want a stronger safety net, you can have it!

As long as I don't have too go trough a "agricultural" checkpoint too enter old California.

Is California the only state that has checkpoints when you enter the State? I cross many state borders and Cali the only one that has these agricultural checkpoint too enter.

I drove across country along the 10 recently, and Cali is the only one I've seen to have "Agricultural" checkpoints on the border, where they'll allegedly try to do a search, but claim its an "inspection".

I always pulled off and skipped it on the 15 coming back from Vegas.

They don't like being educated?

Well, one must take into consideration that once in exclude LA, Sacramento, the bay area and sylicon valley, you are largely looking at an uneducated demographic.

1745448d2f310bcf70ab4fdaf2fa7783.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/1...ent-seeks-to-divide-golden-state-in-half.html

Both states would be part of the U.S., but I feel like this would make everyone happy. There has been talk about us here in Florida doing something similar, but it always boils down to revenue splitting... It may work in California though, just because there isn't such a huge difference in the economic sectors as there would be in north vs south florida.

What do you think? Can this work?
Lol at that fucking map.

"Guys, we get most of the land. You can have just the urban areas. Not even all of those, cause we're gonna peel off the wealthier counties just because, even though they're culturally and economically more closely tied to "old" California. And not so many of them that their votes will matter."

This is just a right wing retard looking for publicity. The tea party thing died out here, so this is their next circus. Nothing to it.

I see nothing that indicates the actual governments of the affected counties have done anything at all to sign on to this movement. Where are the resolutions passed by county councils? Where are the declarations of support by county commissioners?

Much like that sececcion movement, which as I recall reading was conceived by some millennial tech douches not even from our state.

Here is a small clip from a Mercury news article about Cal-Exit:

Leading the new group, he said, is Clare Hedin, a San Francisco State lecturer, singer-songwriter and sound healer who was born in England

Good lord... Fuck off back to England, you hippie trash. I am a devout progressive, myself, but some of the bullshit today in this country... We have less power than ever as citizens versus the government, yet somehow every moron has a voice.

I will say that this new movement to split California is at least born of sentiments long since felt by Californians outside of the metropolitan areas who've long since felt silenced and ignored by California politics. Nonetheless, just utter LOL at wanting to split off from the money makers.

Lol at that fucking map.

"Guys, we get most of the land. You can have just the urban areas. Not even all of those, cause we're gonna peel off the wealthier counties just because, even though they're culturally and economically more closely tied to "old" California. And not so many of them that their votes will matter."

That's actually, about where the cultural split happens, although I'd draw the line into SD county a bit. Pop density and liberal culture takes a steep dive as you go only 50 miles out or so.

Why not? That just makes everyone happy. The inland "hill-billies" aren't getting in the way of the coastal liberals, and the "beach snobs" aren't getting in the way of the rural cutlure. Win-win.

If you want complete gun confiscation, you can have it! If you want a rich state with UHC, you can have it! If you want a stronger safety net, you can have it!
When is the last time a state split in two?

If it's what the people of California truly want, then in fully support it.

Only one catch:

We're not changing the number of stars on the flag. If California wants to split up into two states, then California needs to convince North and South Dakota to just become "Dakota".:p
The new name would have to be "Da Kota"

lmao @ brawley. that place is a dump. only driven through there to get to glamis.

Brawley has some good areas to ride motocross and quads, But you have to go up in the mountains. Not sure if that is still Brawley?

It gets talked about from time to time in Illinois and New York as well but will never actually happen unfortunately

Would be good to see rural areas and big cities each with more ability to manage themselves optimally based on their people’s and industries needs

It gets talked about from time to time in Illinois and New York as well but will never actually happen unfortunately

Would be good to see rural areas and big cities each with more ability to manage themselves optimally based on their people’s and industries needs

I disagree. In fact I think its pretty much inevitable. We're not a legitimately unified country anymore. Splits are going to be brought more and more. There's at least two cultures making up the US, that have no business being presided over by the same governance.

It's either going to be an amicable divorce, or it'll turn into something particularly ugly. I'd prefer to just get in front of it, and push for the former.

Lol at that fucking map.

To be fair, San Diego County and rural California share the "lots of lifted trucks with Punisher logos on the back window" culture.

Last edited:
Back