‘Yondr’? Anyone have experience with this?

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
So, there’s this new service called Yondr that are taking everyone’s cellphones at shows & concerts, so they can’t fuck around with their phones and distract people, or photograph/record shit.

Apparently at the door they have you silence it, then they stick it in a locked pouch, which you keep with you, then they unlock it at the end of the show on your way out.

Dave Chappelle was the first big name to use it, some musical acts and comedians have been doing it more lately.

It’s interesting, what do y’all think about this? Anyone been through it?

sounds like bullshit imo, i wouldnt go to a show where they restrict me from recording for later in order to fuck with people and most of important of all, make memes

Seems cool by me. Idiots constantly filming IS annoying.

Torn here. Couldn't post on Sherdog from the show? Why would I even go then?

Sounds cool. I hope movie theaters adopt this so I'm not constantly blinded by some dumb teenage broad's phone in the middle of the movie

But then how would everybody update their Snap and Instagram stories for all of their followers to see?

sounds like bullshit imo, i wouldnt go to a show where they restrict me from recording for later in order to fuck with people and most of important of all, make memes

<mma4>

What happens in the event of an emergency?

I am kinda tempted to say something like that to them, like ‘Sorry, I’m an on-call pediatric neurosurgeon, and I have to be ready to get a call & leave’ or ‘Sorry, I’m a sherdog admin’, just to see what happens.

It's fine. Better concert experience.

So, you record strangers like that makes you cool?

I would smuggle my phone in... any way necessary.

I am kinda tempted to say something like that to them, like ‘Sorry, I’m an on-call pediatric neurosurgeon, and I have to be ready to get a call & leave’ or ‘Sorry, I’m a sherdog admin’, just to see what happens.
I was thinking more along the line of the Manchester bombing or Las Vegas shooting.

I would smuggle my phone in... any way necessary.

Just out of sheer heroin addiction to our phones, just to defy the rules, both, or something else?

its not like that, its only if they are doing stupid shit that is also hilarious
Ok, maybe at a concert I could see this. But don't walk around recording random people. It's such a dork thing to do, imo.

At that point, I think we’d all have bigger problems than updating our instagrams.
You really don't want to know how many kids and teens would have this on their mind in that situation. They have been trained well.

Just out of sheer heroin addiction to our phones, just to defy the rules, both, or something else?
I have no problem putting my phone in airplane mode when necessary, but I prefer to have it accessible in case of emergency.

Back