‘Worse than gymnastics’: Lawsuit makes explosive sex abuse allegations involving USA Diving

Any man over 30 who can look at a beautiful college coed and feel a sexual stirring is a pedophile. Only a pedophile would deny this basic scientific fact.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

what_are_you__fuckin__gay__by_lone_wolf_trevor-daud8d0.gif

Two-time basketball intramurals champ . . . 1992 and 1993 or was in 1994? Crap . . . sucks getting old. Can't remember last week sometimes.

I don't think we won any championships, but I shined my last year.
We had a sweet spot during the summer for years and we'd get a lot of solid college players. A few d-1 kids I went to HS with.
One lead the NCAA in scoring one year. These guys were way above my skill level, but the runs were amazing.

Was going to dig up the old MSU gymnast abuse thread, but figured I'd post this in here as this one has more traction lately

1) ESPY awarded their Arthur Ashe Courage Award to all the gymnasts/survivors from the Larry Nasaar a prolophic sexual abuse

2) because social media is a horrible place, one of the comments on my Facebook about this story was some jackass saying "All it would have taken was one girl to speak up sooner to stop it" and basically saying it's their fault it went on as it did

Some non-jackass posted this story as a reply and I hadn't seen it before. Very informing of how this shit went on for so long.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-larry-nassar-could-have-been-stopped-n841091

8+ Times Larry Nasaar could have been stopped, dating back to 1997 when he put his fingers inside a 16 and a 14 year old girl and was reported for the first time. The coach they told them they were wrong, and got the pervert Dr. alone with the girls again to explain away what his "procedure" was and did not advance the complaint.

"I told somebody," Boyce said. "Instead of being protected, I was humiliated and told that I was the problem."

1999- After calling her parents, she called her coach, Kelli Bert, she told the Detroit News. The coach, she said, told her he was a respected doctor and she should trust him.

2000- MSU softball trainer reported his "intravaginal" treatments to a different trainer
"He’s a world-renowned doctor. He treats elite athletes."
"She made me feel like I was crazy," Lopez said

2001- MSU volleyball player wanted to file a complaint, but the trainer she went to made her feel too embarrassed to press the formal charges he said where the only answer and so she dropped it

2004- Kyle Stephens, who was family friends with Nasaar, told her psychologist when she was 12 that Nasaar was abusing her. The psych didn't forward this on to authorities, instead setting a meeting between the kids parents and Nasaar where Nasaar denied it and the parents believed their friend over their daughter

2014- MSU grad Amanda went to Kovan, who went to head of Institutional Equity Moore who is now assistant general counsel who actually got law enforcement involved. MSU police officials interviewed "experts" who all had ties to Nasaar who told them penetrating a patient with their hand was normal and not sexual. MSU did not enforce any restrictions on Nasaar as he was welcomed back to practice

2015- A coach went to USA Gymnastics this time. They did not inform law enforcement but rather hired a private investigator. Nasaar was able to abuse multiple girls and women from the time of the quiet investigation to when news finally hit a newspaper and took him out of the exam room in September 2016

So this here, all this shit right here I a shortened, is how fucked up shit like this gets away for so long. People do report, and then they get shamed and hushed and covered up which then discourages further people raising their voice

Including the apologists in this thread?
The enablers of the ones with roofees holding blindfolds, or the enablers of the blindfolded ones holding pitchforks?

Back