‘We can absolutely talk about it’: Dana White open to bringing Ben Askren to UFC

He was 13-0 and started MMA less than a year after Askren....

13-0 in anything other than UFC is extremely green

the UFC is the only organization that treats people with 13 fights as if they're "veterans"

They’ve had her headline 2 ppv’s in a row. She’s had 5 fights. The division doesn’t have fighters. That’s the problem. They are nonetheless trying to milk what the can from her at 145.

Like a novelty act. It's disappointing to see her 'defending' against BWs, but she doesn't have a choice. It doesn't help that Holly destroyed her only viable opponent, but that should have been considered.

13-0 in anything other than UFC is extremely green

the UFC is the only organization that treats people with 13 fights as if they're "veterans"

Askren was 11-0 going into the fight.

Like a novelty act. It's disappointing to see her 'defending' against BWs, but she doesn't have a choice. It doesn't help that Holly destroyed her only viable opponent, but that should have been considered.
But that’s not sabatoging her. It’s actually trying to maximize her worth to the org. Again, it’s nothing like you’re suggesting they’d do to askren.

Askren was 11-0 going into the fight.

yeah but askren had a lifetime of competing at nearly the highest level in grappling already

Koreshkov, as far as I know, didn't have much of an amateur career

I haven't seen him fight in so long is the dude still any good

But that’s not sabatoging her. It’s actually trying to maximize her worth to the org. Again, it’s nothing like you’re suggesting they’d do to askren.

I'd say that signing a fighter with absolutely no plans for them is sabatoging their career. Cyborg probably had to promise Amanda sexual favors just to get a fight.

Just what the UFC needs, more lay and gaying.

Was gonna roast you for being a noob and never watching askren fight
But the term laying and gaying..

I like that

That's mine now

I'd say that signing a fighter with absolutely no plans for them is sabatoging their career. Cyborg probably had to promise Amanda sexual favors just to get a fight.
Their plan was to create a division, have her rule the division, and fight whoever they could find to headline cards.

The key to trolling is knowing when to quit. You're about 6 replies too late.

Perfect, right as he goes into retirement. Dana's stubborn ass lost him Fedor when he was winning, 2 years of a prime old man Randy, and now he decided to make a move on a retired Askren. I probably missed some too. Hopefully he's still near his prime, he's not old.

lmao

no one cares about askren

wme are so desperate
Dana has to try and get askren

So they had no plan.
I don’t know what that means. They had a plan to have her as a marquee fighter to headline cards. Either her, or whoever could beat her. What they didn’t want to do, is actually add a full roster of 145 fighters who they can’t market and don’t want on main cards just to have an opponent for cyborg.

https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-open-bringing-ben-askren-ufc-hes-free-agent/

“Ben Askren is under contract,” White said. “Ben Askren hit me up a few months ago and said, ‘What are the odds we can talk about me getting into the UFC? And I said, ‘We can absolutely talk about it.’

“And I said, ‘You need to send me a letter before I even talk to you, or meet with you, or do anything. I need a letter saying that you’re a free agent and that you’re able to…whatever. And he’s not a free agent. He’s not a free agent. He’s under contract with ONE FC, and he’s gonna have to go fulfill his contract with them.”

We've seen rumblings of askren in the UFC for quite a while now. Seems to be getting closer and closer to reality.

Would be awesome. GSP vs Askren, or even Covington / Maia / Usman, etc.

I don’t know what that means. They had a plan to have her as a marquee fighter to headline cards. Either her, or whoever could beat her. What they didn’t want to do, is actually add a full roster of 145 fighters who they can’t market and don’t want on main cards just to have an opponent for cyborg.

Thank you for contradicting yourself. I'm done here.

Back