‘We can absolutely talk about it’: Dana White open to bringing Ben Askren to UFC

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://themaclife.com/featured-pos...-open-bringing-ben-askren-ufc-hes-free-agent/

“Ben Askren is under contract,” White said. “Ben Askren hit me up a few months ago and said, ‘What are the odds we can talk about me getting into the UFC? And I said, ‘We can absolutely talk about it.’

“And I said, ‘You need to send me a letter before I even talk to you, or meet with you, or do anything. I need a letter saying that you’re a free agent and that you’re able to…whatever. And he’s not a free agent. He’s not a free agent. He’s under contract with ONE FC, and he’s gonna have to go fulfill his contract with them.”

We've seen rumblings of askren in the UFC for quite a while now. Seems to be getting closer and closer to reality.

I dont mind seeing him in the UFC. WW Khabib with less power. People hate on him but he's not a Bad fighter. He would do well.

He’s a great fighter. Deserves to be in the ufc. Well, he should be in the ufc anyway.

I dont mind seeing him in the UFC. WW Khabib with less power. People hate on him but he's not a Bad fighter. He would do well.
People who hate on him have probably never watched him fight. He doesn’t just take people down and do nothing. He punishes them.

Meh. He’ll ask for way more than he’s worth, so it won’t happen.

I'd like to see it, but:

A.) Its too late
B.) He will ask for too much money
C.) He won't draw for UFC, and the UFC ultimately know this, so its not likely to happen

meh this would have been exciting news before georges retired the first time. Still would be excited to see funky get a cup of coffee in the ufc. cant seem to shake the feeling that the ship has sailed on this

I hope he doesn't. You all know Dana holds grudges and will ruin his career if he's foolish enough to sign.

a one fight deal with GSP would be worth a PPV

i bet if he signs he gets the ufcs toughest WW that has no name no rep

Ben is gonna save the UFC WW division.

Things change so fast....

Anyways good luck to you ben, careful playing with dana after all these years, hes probably still really butthurt

Unfavorable match ups, under promoting, trash him in the media (he's already done it), destroy his sponsorships, put him on shitty cards, etc.

What’s an unfavorable matchup for askren?

How would they destroy his sponsorships? Why would they put him on shitty cards?

Who did they do this to? What top fighter did they sign only to sabotage?

Back