‘Super racist’ pool safety poster prompts Red Cross apology

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Land of the sensitive and home of the offended:rolleyes: Talk about stupid. I don't know what is worse, the fact that this is actually news, or that there are people that are actually offended by this.

Red Cross says the poster, ‘Be Cool, Follow The Rules,’ will be removed from its facilities

Poster depicts white children playing in a ‘cool’ way and minorities playing in a ‘not cool’ way

RED%20CROSS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...pool-safety-poster-prompts-red-cross-apology/

Eh it looks 50 years old anyway.

Also wtf is with the not cool for diving from a diving board or the kid with the weird facial expression doing nothing?

How stupid can you be? Don't they know that black people hate swimming?

The kid with the sunglasses and the beer is the coolest one of all.

One of the lifeguards is black so the sign is ok. Though she appears to be doing a "oh no you didn't!"

weird, I thought it was generally agreed that the white kids were never cool.

didnt kids replace "cool" with "bae" and "on fleek"?

The one kid shit in the pool,you can clearly see the turd floating behind him.

Not cool.

Also wtf is with the not cool for diving from a diving board or the kid with the weird facial expression doing nothing?

I think he's drowning.

If I'm the artist my response is that the minority kids identify as white (and vice versa) so STFU.

It was purposely made to make minorities look bad...perhaps it was subconscious but that poster is 100%, insensitive.

Kids are really, really impressionable. They will see this poster, on top of their parts cost rants and think that minorities are bad since this poster shows that this validating all the racist rhetoric they hear from their parents,media,utube comments,forums.

So I'm glad they took it off, just because it doesn't fool us, that doesn't mean it won't make kid get racist thoughts.

It was purposely made to make minorities look bad...perhaps it was subconscious but that poster is 100%, insensitive.

Kids are really, really impressionable. They will see this poster, on top of their parts cost rants and think that minorities are bad since this poster shows that this validating all the racist rhetoric they hear from their parents,media,utube comments,forums.

So I'm glad they took it off, just because it doesn't fool us, that doesn't mean it won't make kid get racist thoughts.

You're reaching untold levels of progress.

The kid diving is "not cool" because he's diving too close to someone already in the water instead of waiting for her to get out of the way.

Not sure about the other kid, unless he's swimming too soon after eating and that face is him cramping up.

giphy.gif

Back