‘Several Injured’, as Car Rams Pedestrians Outside Natural History Museum, London **Updated**

But I thought Christian ideals were dark age superstitious dogma no longer needed in this bright new "woke" secular world...lol

I added this to the post just in case you already read it. In terms of what Christianity was capable of civilizationally it was still quite in its infancy in the Late Roman Empire and Early Middle Ages. The primary cause of the "dark ages" was the decline of Roman Civilization, not Christianity dragging it down. And in the long run this actually was a necessary step in terms of a true "from scratch" Judeo-Christian civilization eventually coming about. Graeco-Roman civilization needed to "die". There is still some overlap, but Judeo-Christian civilization was build on fresh solid fundamentals over a relatively long period of time. And there was just no way in its infancy that it was going to be able to stave off the momentum of decline that Graeco-Roman civilization had entered into by the time of Constantine (4th century).

Claiming you're a Christian by philosophy without having faith is like a hooker claiming she's a virgin because she aspires to be.
It's interesting... the uberpious church- every- Sunday folks have lots of faith, but aren't always great Christians after the service.
I think I rep Christ's teachings a lot better than a great many who just give them lip service and make a loud noise about their faith.

I went to church every day but Saturday during the school year for twelve. Done my church time. In my experience, those who are loudest about their faith are often hiding an emptiness.

Time for new rules: Catch them alive and torture them and make sure the media covers it and lets potential bad guys know what's in store for them.

I like this passage of GK Chesterton's Orthodoxy. Incidentally Chesterton was born in Kensington where the driver rammed a bunch of pedestrians with his car. The keyest parts are highlighted. It takes a while to build a new civilization on new fundamentals. In terms of what Christianity was capable of civilizationally it was still quite in its infancy in the Late Roman Empire and Early Middle Ages. The primary cause of the "dark ages" was the decline of Roman Civilization, not Christianity dragging it down.

"I take in order the next instance offered: the idea that Christianity belongs to the dark ages. Here I did not satisfy myself with reading modern generalisations; I read a little history. And in history I found that Christianity, so far from belonging to the dark ages, was the one path across the dark ages that was not dark. It was a shining bridge connecting two shining civilisations. If any one says that the faith arose in ignorance and savagery the answer is simple: it didn't. It arose in the Mediterranean civilisation in the full summer of the Roman Empire. The world was swarming with sceptics, and pantheism was as plain as the sun, when Constantine nailed the cross to the mast. It is perfectly true that afterwards the ship sank; but it is far more extraordinary that the ship came up again: repainted and glittering, with the cross still at the top. This is the amazing thing the religion did: it turned a sunken ship into a submarine. The ark lived under the load of waters; after being buried under the débris of dynasties and clans, we arose and remembered Rome. If our faith had been a mere fad of the fading empire, fad would have followed fad in the twilight, and if the civilisation ever re-emerged (and many such have never re-emerged) it would have been under some new barbaric flag. But the Christian Church was the last life of the old society and was also the first life of the new. She took the people who were forgetting how to make an arch and she taught them to invent the Gothic arch. In a word, the most absurd thing that could be said of the Church is the thing we have all heard said of it. How can we say that the Church wishes to bring us back into the Dark Ages? The Church was the only thing that ever brought us out of them."

Great Post.

Time for new rules: Catch them alive and torture them and make sure the media covers it and lets potential bad guys know what's in store for them.
Doesn't have much effect on martyrs.
The serious ones are on a one way mission.

Two current headlines. CNN is fking shameless

SP4RZVR.png

kBKHTez.png
Ending up being just an accident.
Fox is fucking shameless.

Ending up being just an accident.
Fox is fucking shameless.

Fox didn't claim it was terrorism. They reported correctly. The driver did ram numerous pedestrians. And then he was arrested for it. Anybody claiming "it was simply an accident" like the WaPo is being just as presumptuous as anyone claiming it was a terrorist attack. I am not at all convinced at this point that it was just a car accident. Is the guy still in custody?

Fox didn't claim it was terrorism. They reported correctly. The driver did ram numerous pedestrians. And then he was arrested for it. Anybody claiming "it was simply an accident" like the WaPo is being just as presumptuous as anyone claiming it was a terrorist attack. I am not at all convinced at this point that it was just a car accident. Is the guy still in custody?
Here's fox quoting police, seven hours ago
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...3MAU&usg=AOvVaw15EwgnpkNmswIDR3CRV_pR&ampcf=1

Wow, that's a catty way to dodge the obvious observation that CNN wouldn't be covering a minor traffic incident unless it has greater implications. And in their careless rush to be first they are intentionally inciting irrational fear. If it is more than a car crash they're being dishonest by sugar coating it out of a sense of political correctness, which is already out the window by their jump to conclusion that this traffic incident was something they should be covering.

So, again, I ask you, what are the issues with my reasoning?
You're better than allowing yourself to get suckered in to arguing with @Overpressure. Guy is just here to argue about arguing.

I know what the news is saying, and I know what the London police are saying, but the fact remains, some dude (whose name we have not been given yet, although I am pretty sure it wasn't very English sounding), rammed into numerous pedestrians and was arrested for it. By the way I never said that this was terrorism. And I do think Fox News reported correctly about this and that CNN reported misleadingly about this.

I know what the news is saying, and I know what the London police are saying, but the fact remains, some dude (whose name we have not been given yet, although I am pretty sure it wasn't very English sounding), rammed into numerous pedestrians and was arrested for it. By the way I never said that this was terrorism. And I do think Fox News reported correctly about this and that CNN reported misleadingly about this.
<{1-11}>

You're better than allowing yourself to get suckered in to arguing with @Overpressure. Guy is just here to argue about arguing.
Troll it on up, Trolly. I don't just want to argue about arguing, I also like to argue about arguments while arguing.

You make me sound so one dimensional. I've got dimension.

... dement-- no, I spelled it right

Troll it on up, Trolly. I don't just want to argue about arguing, I also like to argue about arguments while arguing.

You make me sound so one dimensional. I've got dimension.

... dement-- no, I spelled it right
But are your dimensions yuge? Scratch that, I really don't want to know. <45>

Last edited:
VlnPwsG.jpg

Alhamdulillah
Accidents happen, stay safe infidels.

Oh I like you, I do.

tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg

J/K, You're possibly right.

Probably right.

Likely right.

You're right.

I always assume people who wear knit hats in the arizona summer have one of these underneath. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I like this passage of GK Chesterton's Orthodoxy. Incidentally Chesterton was born in Kensington where the driver rammed a bunch of pedestrians with his car. The keyest parts are highlighted. It takes a while to build a new civilization on new fundamentals. In terms of what Christianity was capable of civilizationally it was still quite in its infancy in the Late Roman Empire and Early Middle Ages. The primary cause of the "dark ages" was the decline of Roman Civilization, not Christianity dragging it down.

"I take in order the next instance offered: the idea that Christianity belongs to the dark ages. Here I did not satisfy myself with reading modern generalisations; I read a little history. And in history I found that Christianity, so far from belonging to the dark ages, was the one path across the dark ages that was not dark. It was a shining bridge connecting two shining civilisations. If any one says that the faith arose in ignorance and savagery the answer is simple: it didn't. It arose in the Mediterranean civilisation in the full summer of the Roman Empire. The world was swarming with sceptics, and pantheism was as plain as the sun, when Constantine nailed the cross to the mast. It is perfectly true that afterwards the ship sank; but it is far more extraordinary that the ship came up again: repainted and glittering, with the cross still at the top. This is the amazing thing the religion did: it turned a sunken ship into a submarine. The ark lived under the load of waters; after being buried under the débris of dynasties and clans, we arose and remembered Rome. If our faith had been a mere fad of the fading empire, fad would have followed fad in the twilight, and if the civilisation ever re-emerged (and many such have never re-emerged) it would have been under some new barbaric flag. But the Christian Church was the last life of the old society and was also the first life of the new. She took the people who were forgetting how to make an arch and she taught them to invent the Gothic arch. In a word, the most absurd thing that could be said of the Church is the thing we have all heard said of it. How can we say that the Church wishes to bring us back into the Dark Ages? The Church was the only thing that ever brought us out of them."

excellent post!
according to some other posters, TL/DR.

Back