‘Not interested’ Dana White provides grim outlook for UFC future of Nate Diaz

You know why Dana says he offers so many fights to Diaz? Because he has to. The UFC is contractually obligated to offer both Nick and Nate 3 fights per year. If they don't the UFC has to pay them. Its in their contract. Dana making it out like he's doing them favors by offering them fights, lol.

“We’ve been offering Nate Diaz fights for however long,” he said during the latest episode of UFC Unfiltered.

“In his contract - and Nick Diaz’s - I have to give them three fights a year. Per the contract, I need to give them three fights a year. If I fail to give them three fights a year, I have to pay them."

“I have honoured my contract with those guys, they keep turning down the fights, which extends the contracts.

But, we’re working right now to try put together a Georges St-Pierre versus Nate Diaz fight.”

This was from an interview this past May.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/957241/Dana-White-Nate-Diaz-Nick-Diaz-Fight-Offers-UFC-News

and the diaz brothers are turning them all down.

Wasn't it Nate who Dana was burying when he dropped the "he doesn't move the needle line"? They always spar in the media, just negotiations and gamesmanship etc.

“I’m not interested in making a Nate Diaz fight until Diaz is just dying to fight, We’ll offer him fights, we always offer him fights. We probably offered this kid 50 fights since he fought Conor. When he’s ready to fight, he’ll let us know. He wanted a fight, we made a fight, we announced the fight, immediately he starts saying he’s not fighting, We had a guy here in the company that was a big Nate Diaz fan, a big Nick Diaz fan and wanted to work with them. He’s not as enthusiastic as he used to be."

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

*Translation
"im not interested in making a Diaz fight until he either drops his price, or allows himself to become a stepping stone for an up and coming prospect. We offer him these fights at low money or against non-champions all the time. I'm trying to ruin his leverage and decrease his price, so ill try to start the rumour that no one in the company is interested in seeing him fight, so it will be cheaper when he fights Connor again. I'm a big fat douche bag. "

After reading the stuff Dana, Poirier and Nate have said, I think it's on Nate. If UFC won't meet his demands of money, opponent and weight, then he's not going to fight. That's his prerogative.
UFC is like, you're a pain in the ass, you don't sell like you think you do, you've been out of the game for over 2 years and all you're doing if falling farther down the line of contenders.
IMO, if Nate wants his big fight, he needs to show up and put on a show. Then he'll gain some leverage. I'm super disappointed that the fight is off, but honestly, if he's not going to fight, he only becomes more irrelevant to me.

Don't think he can wait to long.

Imagine if Conor lost his next fight, how would that affect their trilogy? Conor would no longer be that unstoppable force, it would look like a fight that lost it's momentum.
Lmao Conor isn't that unstoppable force anymore.

Diaz vs Conor 3 will still sell even if Conor gets bludgeoned for the 3rd time straight.

“I’m not interested in making a Nate Diaz fight until Diaz is just dying to fight, We’ll offer him fights, we always offer him fights. We probably offered this kid 50 fights since he fought Conor. When he’s ready to fight, he’ll let us know. He wanted a fight, we made a fight, we announced the fight, immediately he starts saying he’s not fighting, We had a guy here in the company that was a big Nate Diaz fan, a big Nick Diaz fan and wanted to work with them. He’s not as enthusiastic as he used to be."

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Pretty much sums up my feelings on Nate Diaz

Nates star status fizzled out in the Josh Thomson fight. The reason is the fact that the Diaz Bros are known as unstoppable fighters that cannot be finished in a fight. That and them only losing to decisions via lay and pray. Losing to Josh Thompson and then making excuse that Josh was making "woman noises" killed his reputation.

Now the Conor win was big and it gave him a second opportunity but in todays day and age you got to get your name out door or you are easily forgotten. Melvin Guillard mentioned how you could have the KO of the night on top of best of the night but now a days with so many news, so many fights, people just forget.

Nate was a big star right of the bat because of the Karo Parisyan incident and he came in to the UFC with a momentum of him being the brother of Nick who was larger than life character of MMA in some ways.

Actually seems like a bright future for Nate.

He gets to sit back and get offered fights while passing on any he doesn't want while waiting around for his cash cow to do a 3rd fight.

All this without the threat of being cut.
Losing or beating Dustin Poirer ain’t gonna change that tho, he ain’t getting cut no matter what, and if anything he can string a couple of wins together over opponents he can beat since he’s picking whatever he wants, and he can make more in an obvious 3rd Connor fight

In 2011. We are talking about 2016. Since then, Nate had gotten his ass whupped by Henderson, Thomson and RDA who all made him look like the mediocre fringe contender that he is. Since the Miller fight in 2012 Diaz had beaten the ghost of Gray Maynard and Michael Johnson. That's it. He spent most of that time sitting around and complaining. And he got the shot at Conor over Cerrone who had just lost to RDA after an eight-fight win streak against top fighters. Anyone saying Nate deserved a shot at Conor over him among others is crazy.

And you think Cerrone is "deserving" of a shot at Conor given he got wiped out by RDA in a little over a min?

And yet Old Man Poirier gets zero blame for pulling out and ultimately cancelling the fight because of his bad hip. <45>
Diaz had no intention of making 155...which was the contract he signed. So he finally signs a contract at 155 against Poirier, then immediately hits twitter saying it's for a 165lb title fight. Because that's just what he does when he wants to get his way. Dustin says "OK, I'm down". Dana says it's bullshit and the fight is at 155. Nate doesn't reneg. He knows he's not making 155lb anymore.

Then Dustin gets hurt and is pulled. Diaz refuses ANY replacement. Says he's out. Dustin gets an update a week later saying he's cleared for the next PPV. Crickets from Diaz.

He had no intention of fighting Dustin at 155. But he also wants nothing to do with the top tier 170lb fighters.

He's just lazy. And that's not fighter bashing - both Diaz boys are too inflated with their name and their egos to bother doing what everyone else does - diet, make weight, stop smoking bud the week of a fight, and more importantly, just fight. And shut ya gob when you lose and close the gaping goat vagina in your game that you've had for 15 years.

They can't do any of that anymore.

There's always a song and dance and a social media routine and a sook....but if you don't fight anymore, why should anyone listen?

IMO, if Nate wants his big fight, he needs to show up and put on a show. Then he'll gain some leverage. I'm super disappointed that the fight is off, but honestly, if he's not going to fight, he only becomes more irrelevant to me.

He doesn't care about his relevance in the eyes of MMA fans, ignorant or not.
His income outside of the UFC is enough for him to not bend over.

It is obvious Diaz is scared he will lose and end up missing a payday vs McGregor

Back