‘Not far from death’: BBC documentary shows dangers of weight-cutting

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
raw

In all seriousness though, these guys dropping 30+ lbs for a fight should not be allowed to compete imo.

They need some sort of monitoring between fights, and if a guy gets up over 20lbs of his division weight, they should make him fight in the next class up.

I never understood why 2 guys that both weigh over 200 pounds have to fight at 170.

Weight cutting is for wannabe bullies.

My idea

Get on the scale then get in the cage. No time to rehydrate. That will stop ridiculous weight cuts quick.

Its the wrestling culture that brought this shit on. Its dangerous but if it wont stop. If one fighter does it, they all do it.

weight cutting or being punched in the face. Which one do you prefer?

I want to see more measures put in place to stop weight cutting. Get rid of this early weigh in BS, by the way.

I never understood why 2 guys that both weigh over 200 pounds have to fight at 170.

My idea

Get on the scale then get in the cage. No time to rehydrate. That will stop ridiculous weight cuts quick.
Why do guys are on steroid when they can both fight clean?

I miss UFC with no weight classes. Sure MM would have no chance to fight but look on bright side at least we wouldnt have to deal with manlets like Conor thinking they are gods.

We gotta wait until someone dies before they get rid of it. Great. :( i hate extreme weight cutting.

I miss UFC with no weight classes. Sure MM would have no chance to fight but look on bright side at least we wouldnt have to deal with manlets like Conor thinking they are gods.
Your av is a manlet comparing with the HWs...

Conor and his fans are retarded though

My idea

People would still game system not as much as now obviously but 10-15% and many say its even more dangerous because brain has little fluid.

All they need to do is have USADA weigh these guys when drug testing them. You are allowed to lose 10% of your avg weight throughout year. So 225 avg mass can fight @205. 200@185, etc

Khabib ferg RDA Tyron would all be MW.

People would still game system not as much as now obviously but 10-15% and many say its even more dangerous because brain has little fluid.

All they need to do is have USADA weigh these guys when drug testing them. You are allowed to lose 10% of your avg weight throughout year. So 225 avg mass can fight @205. 200@185, etc

Khabib ferg RDA Tyron would all be MW.
Firm believer that if they "fixed" weight cutting everyone is moving up at least 1 weight class and the 125 div and maybe the 135 division would be eliminated.

Just have everyone move up one division so we can still see the same guys fight each other. And ditch 125 while we're at it.

I hope the mainstream media sees weight cutting as barbaric, and they either get rid of weight cutting or minimize it as much as possible.

Why sign up to be a fighter in a certain weight class if you have so much trouble making weight? The whole issue seems quite illogical, just like anything in life, don't be such a dullard, people need to use some sort of wisdom in their daily lives, why is it so hard for some people? Ignorance? Money? I don't really accept that.

Back