‘Narcos’ location scout found dead in Mexico

This probably a robbery. The article does not state such, but this person already scouted for many more movies and he a Mexican native.

tuIrfeI.jpg

This probably a robbery. The article does not state such, but this person already scouted for many more movies and he a Mexican native.

One difference this time. He was scouting for the filming of an expose' of the Mexican cartels.

I think it was an inside assassination.

One difference this time. He was scouting for the filming of an expose' of the Mexican cartels.

I think it was an inside assassination.

May be so. We wont know until the police release more intel, but knowing the mexican po po.

Probably should've been more clear when he said "I work for narcos, we'd like to shoot on your property"

Completely forgot that actor was in GoT. I did think the series is moving too fast through the material it has if they are already getting to Mexico and El Chapo. You can now also see the danger in them doing such a thing. This cartel is no longer a historic event. They are a group that is going to get pissed if people are being nosey about their operation for the sake of a tv show. Also, there's a different type of ethical dilemma in making a show about a current cartel also. Should we really be giving a current druglord a tv show?

If they spend two season on Pablo then this show must move very fast.

It is. Seems like they will run out of material by the end of season 5. I guess the better shows end earlier but still.

There is a lot of time between Pablo and El Chapo isnt there. Like they jumped ten years into future.

The smuggler cartels push/pull the rough equivalent of 10% of Mexico's total national GDP across the border every single year depending on the figure cited. It's utterly insane. Even as their birth rates have reached relative parity with the US and their service/tech economy expands, their murder rate will remain an anomaly among developed nations due to the "humanitarian" (lawless) state of their northern border.

I always wonder what the North American crime landscape would look like if "progressives" were just sent to camps. Mexico would be a far more stable country and vicious cycle bread-line cities like Detroit/Chicago would be broken up like rackets during their formative stages. We have been set back a century.

IS the solution sending this man's death sending all "progressives" to camps?
Perhaps.

I cannot be carded for asking a QUESTION.

there are like 70-100 people murdered by the cartels EVERY DAY! To put in perspective, Chicago has about 700 murders per year. Mexican drug violence on the border does that in 10 days or less.

Completely forgot that actor was in GoT. I did think the series is moving too fast through the material it has if they are already getting to Mexico and El Chapo. You can now also see the danger in them doing such a thing. This cartel is no longer a historic event. They are a group that is going to get pissed if people are being nosey about their operation for the sake of a tv show. Also, there's a different type of ethical dilemma in making a show about a current cartel also. Should we really be giving a current druglord a tv show?

I think two seasons of ten episodes each is plenty of time to tell the story of Pablo Escobar. That is 18 hours of television. If you can't tell one man's story in 18 hours then you don't know your craft.

Also I think the 9 hours of the third season to cover the Cali cartel was plenty, as much of it overlapped with the first two seasons.

You do realize there are 10 episodes per season?

I think two seasons of ten episodes each is plenty of time to tell the story of Pablo Escobar. That is 18 hours of television. If you can't tell one man's story in 18 hours then you don't know your craft.

Also I think the 9 hours of the third season to cover the Cali cartel was plenty, as much of it overlapped with the first two seasons.

You do realize there are 10 episodes per season?

Do you think they'll cover the North Valley cartel next season or just go straight to Mexico?

Do you think they'll cover the North Valley cartel next season or just go straight to Mexico?

I think you are misunderstanding something. Here is the breakdown:

1st Season (2015), 10 episodes, Pablo Escobar, (Aired already)
2nd Season (2016), 10 episodes, Pablo Escobar, (Aired already)
3rd Season (2017), 10 episodes, Cali cartel, (Aired already)

4th Season (2018??), 10 episodes??, some aspect of Mexican drug wars, (Not yet aired)

I think you are misunderstanding something. Here is the breakdown:

1st Season (2015), 10 episodes, Pablo Escobar, (Aired already)
2nd Season (2016), 10 episodes, Pablo Escobar, (Aired already)
3rd Season (2017), 10 episodes, Cali cartel, (Aired already)

4th Season (2018??), 10 episodes??, some aspect of Mexican drug wars, (Not yet aired)

Did you watch season 3?

there was a second cartel that moved in on the Cali cartel. They hinted at Mexico but there was still a decent sized cartel that took over the Cali one

Did you watch season 3?

there was a second cartel that moved in on the Cali cartel. They hinted at Mexico but there was still a decent sized cartel that took over the Cali one

ah OK, presumably Netflix is done with Colombia and moving to Mexico for the 4th season. But your point is worth noting, Narcos's treatment of the North Valley Cartel was cut short with the arrests of the big four (or six) in 1995, and it won't be covering what remained of NVC activities between 1995 through 2012 when the NVC was finally completely dissolved.

hope it doesn't hurt their ratings.

i will say a prayer for the guy tonight. but anyone that has ever worked in radio, television, etc knows that the staff are in full damage control.

You cant handle cartels like the italian mafia. Cartels dont like nosy people or people making light of them.

You cant just go with a film crew into their territory like nothings gonna happen.

When american me came out the mexican mafia (prison gang with ties to cartels) assasinated some of the crew and threatened edward james olmos because they didnt like how they were portrayed.

Lol if you want to see what these guys do to people just look at bestgore.

Its not a game.

Back