‘Ice Guardians’ - The History of the Enforcer in the NHL

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This was an excellent documentary. If you are a hockey fan, you will definitely enjoy it. The new documentary journeys into the lives of those who perform undoubtedly the toughest job within the National Hockey League today: The 'enforcer', an unofficial role whose job it is to deter and respond to violent play by the opposition. This film explores as well the physical and mental price paid by the game's notorious tough guys.

Very cool, I see it has Wendel Clark in there, met him a few times, last time was just this past Saturday at the leafs game, nicest dude

Also has Chelios, met him a few years ago at the Cup winning game in Chicago. Got a pic with him, he was a nice dude too. Had a reputation of being an ass on the ice but was super nice with us

I drink beers with Clark Gillies every couple of weeks. He was an animal.

Looks great. As a kid, all my friends were Rangers fans because their dads were. The Devils were still seen as an expansion team then (and completely blew their coming out.) But I was the first hockey fan in my family and I went with the nearest team. They needled me endlessly. When Crowder dropped Probert, I told them that Domi wasn't shit. I was wrong (that tough little fucker could skate!) but it felt good.

Nice. Would be nice if we had some hockey smilies.

Looks interesting, hope they don't gloss over the hair pulling and headbutts used by guys like Shultz. Love Wendell though.

Looks great. As a kid, all my friends were Rangers fans because their dads were. The Devils were still seen as an expansion team then (and completely blew their coming out.) But I was the first hockey fan in my family and I went with the nearest team. They needled me endlessly. When Crowder dropped Probert, I told them that Domi wasn't shit. I was wrong (that tough little fucker could skate!) but it felt good.
Met Domi at the World Cup of Hockey last year at the gold game, was an awesome guy too. Has a helluva head on him, no wonder he could take a punch

Looks great. Netflix had a similar documentary a few years ago, that was also really entertaining.

Always remembered the superstars having an enforcer on their line to protect them. Whether it was Gretzky, Hull, Sakic, Yzerman, etc

Met Domi at the World Cup of Hockey last year at the gold game, was an awesome guy too. Has a helluva head on him, no wonder he could take a punch

Cool. I drove Mike Richter to some public appearances once. Basically Ned Flanders with an environmental streak. Two things immediately crossed my mind: 1) he was listed at 5'11" but that must've been while wearing his skates or every pair of socks that he ever owned and 2) all these years later and a tailored suit still can't hide those quads.

Well, it seems like 'enforcers' are a dying breed in the NHL. New rules are really stacked against them and the team. Interesting thing is that with the new rules you are now seeing more injuries in hockey. It seems that major head concussions never really came from fighting, but from being thrown against the 'glass' or being shouldered in the face. New shoulder pads have actually become a weapon in the ring.

Does it talk about Lindros? He was the Stone Cold Steve Austin of the NHL until that Stevens hit.

Very cool, I see it has Wendel Clark in there, met him a few times, last time was just this past Saturday at the leafs game, nicest dude

Also has Chelios, met him a few years ago at the Cup winning game in Chicago. Got a pic with him, he was a nice dude too. Had a reputation of being an ass on the ice but was super nice with us
I've met Wendel a bunch of times. One of the nicest people I've ever seen.

Mate of mine is a Hockey fan. He says the good old, just let them bang, bro days are dying out due to the harsher penalties for fighting. Seems a shame. That was one of the things that made Hockey cool.

Shit, never came across this till now, thanks for link @EvilDDS . Looks legit enough, I'll definitely be checking this out.

Bring on them fucking Habs! GO LEAFS GO!

Back