Social ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 1&2 director fired by Disney for saying he likes little boys.

Also, does anyone really think that Ted Cruz is offended by those tweets? That he was emotionally affected at all by child abuse cases he was proximal to attorney general?

@Jack V Savage you like to give benefits of the doubt. If you were to bet, would you bet that Cruz actually feels legitimate poignancy and painful human feelings...ever?

With regard to Ryan, I think he genuinely holds a kind of Randian vision of society, but he knows that that's not a winning message in elections. So he's both highly principled and deeply dishonest. He's frequently insincere about what he believes, but he does have deep beliefs.

Ted Cruz is another story, IMO. I don't think he believes anything other than that Ted Cruz should have more power.

giphy.gif

What person wouldn't want a guy prosecuted if he were raping little kids? What the hell does that have to do with free speech?

<Huh2>

I don't consider that a reasonable reading of his tweet, as in "if he's REALLY brutally assaulting children he should be prosecuted." Because that's obviously not the case.

It more plainly reads as "if these tweets are actually by him he should be prosecuted because they're fucked up."

Even I have to agree with comrade trots that GoTG Vol. 1&2 were great and Vol.1 specifically gets better after every viewing

<Huh2>

I don't consider that a reasonable reading of his tweet, as in "if he's REALLY brutally assaulting children he should be prosecuted." Because that's obviously not the case.

It more plainly reads as "if these tweets are actually by him he should be prosecuted because they're fucked up."

Wow, and you claim to be a lawyer? Can I have your information so I know to never hire you for anything?

lol Ted Cruz is calling for Gunn to be prosecuted for the tweets.

@Devout Pessimist & @Madmick Can you guys remind me again about how liberals are anti-free speech despite decades of continuous evidence of the American left protecting speech rights against government action and an equal amount of evidence of short-sighted reactionary conservatives (see: Ted Cruz, Antonin Scalia, Dumbshit Trump) shitting on speech every time its expedient in their tiny, unprincipled minds?

You're no liberal. You're the progressive screeching and calling the liberals of 10 years ago Nazis.

Thanks? That sounds good...
Top kek, yes it is. Basically another form of lol. Comes from World of Warcraft, players of one faction can only chat with their own and the chat of the other alliance is translated into a cryptic form based on Korean. Eventually players figured out "lol" comes out as "kek". Very commonly used by alt-right types but I like the way it sounds so I prefer it over "lol" and hence my location.

Damn, Guardians of the Galaxy is the only super hero franchise I thoroughly enjoy

No, it's not a crime and he didn't get jailed. He got shitcanned. That's the strawman.
I was commenting mainly on this

Right, I'd get banned, and rightfully so.
as for

It may not be proof he's a pedo, but it absolutely suggests as much.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...
Okay, concession accepted. You reject the context is ribald humor. You assert that these are evidence he is a pedophile, and furthermore, that it is sound enough evidence to convict him in the court of public opinion.

Keep playing this game. See where it takes you in 25 years.

Damn, im torn on this.
At first my response was NO, i love the GOTG movies!
Then i read the texts. Then i read ALL the rest of the texts and realized this wasnt one bad "joke".
Then i realized they were 10 years old.

So my conclusion is basically, he sent them, hes not denying it, yes they are old but Disney has a right to fire him if they think it will damage their brand.
I dont think he should be fired due to the length of time but i understand the decision.

Free speech doesnt mean free from consequences. If you think making public jokes about raping little boys is a good career decision than suffer the fallout.

this is 'hollywood' .. this is the trash all of you idiots financially support

lol Ted Cruz is calling for Gunn to be prosecuted for the tweets.

@Devout Pessimist & @Madmick Can you guys remind me again about how liberals are anti-free speech despite decades of continuous evidence of the American left protecting speech rights against government action and an equal amount of evidence of short-sighted reactionary conservatives (see: Ted Cruz, Antonin Scalia, Dumbshit Trump) shitting on speech every time its expedient in their tiny, unprincipled minds?

As far as I am concerned, Gunn should be investigated. What kind of person even thinks of those disgusting things?

There was a time when I was in favor of absolute free speech, but I find myself agreeing with both the Left and Right that certain things do not need to be said. I do not care to hear things like racial slurs, homophobic insults, profanity, "jokes" about pedophilia and rape. The government does not need to punish people, but I have no problem with the twitter mobs taking people down. I think both the Left and Right are somewhat justified in their outrage over certain things that have been said.

If we want to make the world a better place, then we have to start watching how we speak. I am more concerned about LISTENING than I am about what disgusting things people should be allowed to say because free speech makes it acceptable.

“I am determined to practice deep listening. I am determined to practice loving speech.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, concession accepted. You reject the context is ribald humor. You assert that these are evidence he is a pedophile, and furthermore, that it is sound enough evidence to convict him in the court of public opinion.

Keep playing this game. See where it takes you in 25 years.
Again, there was no "concession" on my part.
What is it about your need to always think you won some major battle on the internet?
It took you all day to come up with that response? Anyway, you misconstrued what I posted. I didn't say it was evidence

I said

It may not be proof he's a pedo, but it absolutely suggests as much.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

But, you go ahead and keep defending this sick crap, it's a good look.

Again, there was no "concession" on my part.
What is it about your need to always think you won some major battle on the internet?
It took you all day to come up with that response? Anyway, you misconstrued what I posted. I didn't say it was evidence

I said

But, you go ahead and keep defending this sick crap, it's a good look.
You're confessing to the exact belief for which I have criticized you, and I have explained why this is a civil disaster.

You haven't responded to my central argument. You're just like, "He's a pedo, this proves it, don't need to really prove it, because this proves it, because I don't think his jokes are funny, so he deserves to be fired for an imagined criminal second life."

Zero evidence he is actually a chomo and people should stop overreacting.

With that being said, who WOULDNT fire this guy from ANY job. Hell, I would fire him from being a cashier at McDonalds. Worst attempt at being funny I've ever seen.

It's not the first time he's been caught up in strife over social media. Last time it was for homophobia and misogyny (which was also supposedly satire). Although these tweets date from about the same time, so it's hard to say whether he learnt his lesson.

Back