Social ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 1&2 director fired by Disney for saying he likes little boys.

This is a weird one. I mean, part of me thinks well if he was just making jokes, no matter how tasteless, what's the big deal? He shouldn't be fired for that. But then part of me thinks well what kind of a fucking sicko makes repeated jokes like THAT? who does that?! I just...idk man. Not sure what to think.
Go with your gut. What does it tell you?

I gotta be honest, I thought a guy getting fired for publicaly talking about raping children would be something we would all be on board with.

Apparently the rules change if the person exposing you supports Trump

Really hard to believe people are actually defending that guys disgusting posts.

Incredible that the tribe mentality of defending everything "your side" does has gotten to the point where people are siding with a pedophile. You people ought to be ashamed.

SMDH at the "it's just a joke" defense.
I'd wager that 99% of the people walking around never in their lifetime even think about such vileness, let alone externalize it.
If you have these kind of thoughts, you are fucked in the head.
I bet the "it's just a joke" defense would wither up and die rather quickly if the "jokes" were about minorities.

Its not even a "its just a joke" defense, these were 10k 'jokes' mostly about sex acts with children. Its amazing that people are using the 'you guys are being snowflakes' argument in defense of pedo content.

As a PANvictim, who can identify with multiple types of victimhood, I am glad this rapist was fired.

Listen... Many of us have had to suffer through reading @panamaican 's threads here. But I think claiming victimhood status for it is a little over the top.

Although maybe the day he actually became a mod qualifies.

<45>

Really hard to believe people are actually defending that guys disgusting posts.

Incredible that the tribe mentality of defending everything "your side" does has gotten to the point where people are siding with a pedophile. You people ought to be ashamed.

And we aren't even talking about accusations these are guys who was convicted of the shit count red handed. But according to @Madmick if you were only busted in 2018, you couldn't have been doing the same thing in 2010 and 2014.

I just hope none of these people defending these tweets are the same people claiming that there were "warning signs" of school shooters based on the comments they made on their online profiles, and that the FBI fucked up by not investigating the people posting them.

Meh, I don't think his posts make him a pedo, just a shit comedian. But is anyone really surprised that Disney fired him? They fire theme park workers who don't smile enough.

Posting shit like that on your real twitter account is dumb. It's like yelling those same jokes from the middle of a restaurant, except magnified by a million. Someone should have told Mr. Gunn to "Keep your day job" a long time ago.

Also stop trying to link this shit to liberals, it's a Twitter and Disney thing. It's not like conservatives never attack shit they find offensive.

http://religiondispatches.org/the-t...us-conservatives-idoi-have-something-to-fear/

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-pepsi-grubhub-boycotts-ca81001849e1/

One of my closest friends works as roofer with the lifelong dream of making it big as a comic. When he saves up enough cash, he usually goes and spends it all enjoying the decadent life of a comic in L.A. He comes back and tells me about the various "scenes" that form up: communities of comics. His comic partner is also highly talented as a film editor and cinematographer. He has more of an eye towards movies, less towards standup. This is a mutual friend. My close friend tells me this mutual friend is playing it more politically safe, on his own time, and with what opinions he will voice. My friend talked about how he wasn't trying to do that, and was always balls-out with his comedy. He's deeply progressive and a Bernie fan, so I figured, go for it. You found the right pool.

Guess not.

I sent him a text of this story telling him to watch everything he puts out. Nothing is safe. He has to start self-censoring now. He has to read his jokes with the greatest cynical intent to interpret them as serious. If they don't pass, they don't publish. That was my advice to a friend who doesn't much care about politics, and I think it's a major blow to American culture.

How is it "inexcusable"?

He is not a comedian but a film director, he did not make one pedo joke but several. As for your friend its his risk, if people laugh he is safe
This one doesn't feel like it crosses any out-of-control identity politics sort of thing (and it doesn't have anything to do with racism). Smells like standard Twitter hysteria meets standard pedo hysteria. It's all way too much language policing. It bothers me that they're not going after him for bad ideas, just bad jokes. I think the fact that this is unrelated to racism or politics may be a worse sign for speech going forward; the hysteria doesn't discriminate. I also think the excitement over busting people is more stimulating than the fear of hypocrisy. It feels good to have them by the balls.

Pedo hysteria... lol

He didn't say "stupid shit". He told jokes: over a decade ago (they didn't mind before). They don't want to associate themselves with crass humor? I'm sure there's an argument somewhere in here.

Don't flame me again without being creative.
I like how disney is acting like they just now found out about his tweets and are acting like they just had to do something. When is a person or company gonna stand up to this bullshit and say no, Im not firing someone over shit said on twitter almost a decade ago.

This shit will never stop until people start standing up to twitter outrage.

I like how disney is acting like they just now found out about his tweets and are acting like they just had to do something. When is a person or company gonna stand up to this bullshit and say no, Im not firing someone over shit said on twitter almost a decade ago.

Maybe someday you will realize that money is more important than politics or "standing up for things". Your life will be much easier once you realize everything is about money. You may think that is shallow, but it is no more shallow than politics. Which poisons everything. I am glad when capitalists stand up and don't allow politics to take their money. Warren Buffett said if an employee loses him money he will be understanding, but if you hurt the reputation of his company he will be ruthless. Money above petty politics. Warren Buffett would shank this guy. Any fuckin CEO worth their salt would. Your stupid pedo jokes will not be allowed to hurt my cash flow. Period. Goodbye.

The conservatives who are getting enjoyment out of this makes me sick. We complain all day long about people shouldnt get fired for the shit they say and then get a fuckin hard on when one of the liberals fall victim to outrage culture.

This shit will never change until people start standing up to the butthurt twitter twats. Somebody has got to take a stand.

Maybe someday you will realize that money is more important than politics or "standing up for things". Your life will be much easier once you realize everything is about money.
money, you mean the hundreds of millions of dollars that gunn made disney? You think enough people will protest the gotg mvie to cause any monetary damage, LOL

Nobody follows through on any real protest. if that were the case, blacks would never go see a movie EVER.

money, you mean the hundreds of millions of dollars that gunn made disney? You think enough people will protest the gotg mvie to cause any monetary damage, LOL

Nobody follows through on any real protest. if that were the case, blacks would never go see a movie EVER.

Whether you like it or not, big companies usually bow to this shit. Look at Starbucks for a textbook case. Look at Papa John's. lol. They are destalinizing the guy. Removing him from history.

There are plenty of rumors about pedos being rampant in Hollywood, this hardly helps that image.

As for them being jokes - they might be but they certainly aren't funny and I suspect they just make most normal people feel uncomfortable. Got to wonder why he would think it's a good idea to post that.

Don't be stupid.

Like it or not image matters for a major company especially for Disney.

You potentially fuck with the Mouse's reputation or money even if its over tweets made 10 years ago (when you where 40 and should have known better).

You are gone and rightly so.

The conservatives who are getting enjoyment out of this makes me sick. We complain all day long about people shouldnt get fired for the shit they say and then get a fuckin hard on when one of the liberals fall victim to outrage culture.

This shit will never change until people start standing up to the butthurt twitter twats. Somebody has got to take a stand.

What the fuck does it have to do with "conservatives"?

It's a guy making repeated disgusting "jokes" about pedophilia. Any rational human will be rightfully sickened by those posts.

You're a fucking weirdo.

This one doesn't feel like it crosses any out-of-control identity politics sort of thing (and it doesn't have anything to do with racism). Smells like standard Twitter hysteria meets standard pedo hysteria. It's all way too much language policing. It bothers me that they're not going after him for bad ideas, just bad jokes. I think the fact that this is unrelated to racism or politics may be a worse sign for speech going forward; the hysteria doesn't discriminate. I also think the excitement over busting people is more stimulating than the fear of hypocrisy. It feels good to have them by the balls.

Yeah, trying to tie this to muh SJW PC post-modernist cultural Marxist librulz is pretty shamelessly partisan nonsense. I don't think the left is any more or any less disapproving of pedophilic rhetoric than the right. Its grossness strikes at a primal nerve that sits beneath the entire spectrum. If anything, the right is more impulsively condemning out of habitual chest beating but more condoning of it ni terms of the actual actions (if we're to take what has gone on in the Dirty South as any indication).

Anyways, kind of weird coalitions developing here on this issue, where you and myself are aligned with Madmick (although I wouldn't take the stance that a company shouldn't be allowed to exercise its business judgment - but his position is reactionary and short-sighted as per usual) and ostensibly opposite to posters like Neph and tonni.

Back